Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 10:25 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
The dems have knowingly and without result posed as protectors and defenders of black-Americans. While trading lip service for votes their policys actually roadblock black progress (school choice etc). They have blacks just where they want them. Taking their votes while keeping
them in their place. Historically the democrat has been the enemy of
black progress. Nothing has changed.
So answer my question on what the Repubs have done when they had total control?
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 10:26 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens2QueenCity View Post
Kinda like the republicans who promise those poor Appalachians the 'right to keep their guns' if they vote against every other their interest?

A Question I cant answer without mentioning Republicans..Quick Mr Sulu! Deflector shields up!!

Old 05-18-2009, 10:30 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
When the Democrats created the Great Society in the 1960's they destroyed the effort begun my so many educated blacks to elevate themselves into upper and middle class society. Instead we gave them a welfare system to which they could depend on and not themselves. The democrats keep the black community where they are so they will always have a voting block when they need it. I hope one day they will wake up and see it for what it really is. They should really listen to Bill Cosby.
You do know that welfare wasn't created just for black folks right? It was created as a result of the Great Depression.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:35 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Also in poorer neighborhoods the tax base is lower, so schools and so forth are of lower quality...so without education how can the people succeed...it's a death spiral.
That is common falsehood. All prop taxes meant for local schools (app 80%) go to the county to be distributed back to the schools. Schools in "rich" areas get no more money per student from the county than the schools in "poor" areas.

Money is not the problem, self accountability is.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
That is common falsehood. All prop taxes meant for local schools (app 80%) go to the county to be distributed back to the schools. Schools in "rich" areas get no more money per student from the county than the schools in "poor" areas.

Money is not the problem, self accountability is.

Are you kidding? Schools in rich neighborhoods gat nothing..it all goes to inner city schools because...well i will end it there, dont want to get banned for bieng racist.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:45 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Dont you just love it? When confronted with a question..they try to change the subject and blame Bush yet again.
Why Do Democrats Treat Blacks So Bad?

It's a loaded bullshet question..Why do parents spank their kids? Why does anybody go to Church? Why do idiots wear teabags? Why are republicans for more government? You shouldn't ask a question when you've already formulated your answer. It's foolish. OP was looking for an argument and he got it.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Why Do Democrats Treat Blacks So Bad?

It's a loaded bullshet question..Why do parents spank their kids? Why does anybody go to Church? Why do idiots wear teabags? Why are republicans for more government? You shouldn't ask a question when you've already formulated your answer. It's foolish. OP was looking for an argument and he got it.

Its not a loaded question. And I for one would like an answer. Just look at New Orleans during Katrina. That is what democrat ideals do..keep everyone on welfare and your election victory is assured.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:58 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,737 times
Quote:
Its not a loaded question. And I for one would like an answer. Just look at New Orleans during Katrina. That is what democrat ideals do..keep everyone on welfare and your election victory is assured.
Capatalism in its current state has played a major role in keeping a certain sector of our population in poverty that is not based on race. Race is typically injected by people who are trying not to be perceived as racist but are. Katrina hit New Orleans and the face of poverty became the blacks who lived in the 9th ward who were left to die by our Republican President. If it would've hit Appallachia with the same non-reponse, would that have been a "Republican's treating whites poorly situation"? Playing race in this is simply an underhanded, poorly conceived racial dig by a racist OP.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:02 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,929 times
Quote:
Are you kidding? Schools in rich neighborhoods gat nothing..it all goes to inner city schools because...well i will end it there, dont want to get banned for bieng racist.

whoa now, did you even read my post?

Old 05-18-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
whoa now, did you even read my post?
Yes, I did, and i somewhat agree, but you are bieng too polite. I was just hitting the point home. No offense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies