Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 06:46 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
No. These folks do not have the intellectual capacity or ability to graduate from high school in numbers that would exceed much more than 50%. Money will not solve this problem.

- Reel
More intellectual capacity talk from Racist in Atlanta..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 06:48 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
The reps have knowingly and without result posed as protectors and defenders of poor white-Americans. While trading lip service for votes their policys actually roadblock poor white American progress (school choice etc). They have poor white Americans just where they want them. Taking their votes while keeping
them in their place. Historically the republican has been the enemy of
poor white progress. Nothing has changed.
^^^^^^ Fixed it for you..

Old 05-18-2009, 07:01 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,517,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Wake me up when the Republicans have a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, much less an African American POTUS.

Ha! Yeah...go ahead and wake me as well when the Dems get one.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:05 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,793,468 times
The question should be why do blacks expect Democrats or government to take care of them instead of taking care of themselves?

I don't think Democrats are treating anyone a certain way. If you don't like that things aren't getting done, you can always vote for someone else or run for office.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:38 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,149,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
Blacks have been voting for Democrats at high percentages (up to 90%) for at the least the last 40 years, but they have seen little improvement in their communities ( in some cases total deterioration) . In cities like Oakland, CA for example, (run by democrats) you have some of the highest high school dropout rates and crime rates in the country.

My question is, do Democrats actually care about the demographic that consistently votes for them?

Are they doing this on purpose? Because it really seems so. To go 40 years voting for a party and have little to show for it would probably make me question my voting patterns.

Discuss.
How about a president that let them rot in New Orleans after Katrina? How about the same guy who didn't want their votes counted in the 2000 election in Florida? GEORGIE BOY=RACIST!!!Also if you saw some of the videos after Katrina when the people of N.O were relocated,you saw Barbara Bush stating how some of these people never had it so good(living in gymnasiums).

Old 05-18-2009, 07:41 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,854,274 times
I would like to ask blacks who have been voting in a block for Democrats for the past 40 years, "how has that worked out for you?". Do you ever feel that you are taken for granted?
The hispanic vote has been split, although it is still amajority Democrat, and I wonder what will happen when the hispanic vote grows to the point where it is larger than the black vote?

Old 05-18-2009, 07:46 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
I would like to ask blacks who have been voting in a block for Democrats for the past 40 years, "how has that worked out for you?"
You might compare blacks' general situations now to blacks' general situations 40 years ago and answer your own question.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:10 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,854,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You might compare blacks' general situations now to blacks' general situations 40 years ago and answer your own question.
I'd rather hear it from those that have experienced it. The state of blacks in the United States has improved since 1969, that is true, but how well has it met expectations of blacks? Did they believe they would be further along the path to success than they are now? How do they feel they have done compared to other races - Asians, Hispanics...

The Irish came in huge number 150 years ago fleeing a famine/genocide in the UK (Ireland was part of the UK back then). While there was discrimination back then ("no irish need apply"), the Irish succeeded in America over the decades. The Italians came after the Irish and succeeded as well....

Old 05-18-2009, 09:34 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,846,286 times
I thought barry was irish american. no wait, I know he's irish american.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Wake me up when the Republicans have a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, much less an African American POTUS.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:37 AM

437 posts, read 930,438 times
well why do all republicans put the country in debt and make us go in recession and make us go to war for no reason?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies