Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 04:44 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,299,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Also in poorer neighborhoods the tax base is lower, so schools and so forth are of lower quality...so without education how can the people succeed...it's a death spiral.
What about in Washington DC where they spend more per child on education than any other area? What is the reason those kids are failing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 04:54 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,300,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
What about in Washington DC where they spend more per child on education than any other area? What is the reason those kids are failing?
Yup. That's what I'm sayin'.

- Reel

Old 05-18-2009, 04:55 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
I dont know, Jenny, why do you think it is?

Perhaps the money is misapplied, ya think?

Old 05-18-2009, 04:58 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,300,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I dont know, Jenny, why do you think it is?

Perhaps the money is misapplied, ya think?
No. These folks do not have the intellectual capacity or ability to graduate from high school in numbers that would exceed much more than 50%. Money will not solve this problem.

- Reel

Old 05-18-2009, 05:03 AM

2,984 posts, read 5,859,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
Blacks have been voting for Democrats at high percentages (up to 90%) for at the least the last 40 years, but they have seen little improvement in their communities ( in some cases total deterioration) . In cities like Oakland, CA for example, (run by democrats) you have some of the highest high school dropout rates and crime rates in the country.

My question is, do Democrats actually care about the demographic that consistently votes for them?

Are they doing this on purpose? Because it really seems so. To go 40 years voting for a party and have little to show for it would probably make me question my voting patterns.

Discuss.
When the Democrats created the Great Society in the 1960's they destroyed the effort begun my so many educated blacks to elevate themselves into upper and middle class society. Instead we gave them a welfare system to which they could depend on and not themselves. The democrats keep the black community where they are so they will always have a voting block when they need it. I hope one day they will wake up and see it for what it really is. They should really listen to Bill Cosby.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:56 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
Blacks have been voting for Democrats at high percentages (up to 90%) for at the least the last 40 years, but they have seen little improvement in their communities ( in some cases total deterioration) . In cities like Oakland, CA for example, (run by democrats) you have some of the highest high school dropout rates and crime rates in the country.

My question is, do Democrats actually care about the demographic that consistently votes for them?

Are they doing this on purpose? Because it really seems so. To go 40 years voting for a party and have little to show for it would probably make me question my voting patterns.

Discuss.
Blacks may vote for Democrats over Repubs in large numbers but the Demos do not always win. Tell us all how much things inproved under 6 years of total Repub control, we would love to hear about all the major changes.
Casper

Old 05-18-2009, 06:00 AM

2,984 posts, read 5,859,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Blacks may vote for Democrats over Repubs in large numbers but the Demos do not always win. Tell us all how much things inproved under 6 years of total Repub control, we would love to hear about all the major changes.
Casper
It is not the responsibility of government to force is citizens to get off their butts and make their way in life. It’s a lesson the democrats simply can't seem to learn.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:04 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Casper
I'd like to hear this too.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:34 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,204,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
No. These folks do not have the intellectual capacity or ability to graduate from high school in numbers that would exceed much more than 50%. Money will not solve this problem.

- Reel
It wasn't bad enough that you failed up the Africa thread, now you proudly tote around your intellectual slothfulness in yet another!

Old 05-18-2009, 06:45 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,386,809 times
The dems have knowingly and without result posed as protectors and defenders of black-Americans. While trading lip service for votes their policys actually roadblock black progress (school choice etc). They have blacks just where they want them. Taking their votes while keeping
them in their place. Historically the democrat has been the enemy of
black progress. Nothing has changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies