Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 09:40 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times

Advertisements

all? take a look at history. it's been the democrats that love war until bush hijacked the republican party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iColt1 View Post
well why do all republicans put the country in debt and make us go in recession and make us go to war for no reason?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 10:02 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
Blacks have been voting for Democrats at high percentages (up to 90%) for at the least the last 40 years, but they have seen little improvement in their communities ( in some cases total deterioration) . In cities like Oakland, CA for example, (run by democrats) you have some of the highest high school dropout rates and crime rates in the country.

My question is, do Democrats actually care about the demographic that consistently votes for them?

Are they doing this on purpose? Because it really seems so. To go 40 years voting for a party and have little to show for it would probably make me question my voting patterns.

Discuss.
Don't forget Chicago.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:07 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,843,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
Blacks have been voting for Democrats at high percentages (up to 90%) for at the least the last 40 years, but they have seen little improvement in their communities ( in some cases total deterioration) . In cities like Oakland, CA for example, (run by democrats) you have some of the highest high school dropout rates and crime rates in the country.

My question is, do Democrats actually care about the demographic that consistently votes for them?

Are they doing this on purpose? Because it really seems so. To go 40 years voting for a party and have little to show for it would probably make me question my voting patterns.

Discuss.
You are right on the mark here.
40 years of the Democrat War on Poverty and still no exit strategy.

The Democrat Party is the worst thing to happen to the black community since slavery.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:09 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
I'd rather hear it from those that have experienced it. The state of blacks in the United States has improved since 1969, that is true, but how well has it met expectations of blacks? Did they believe they would be further along the path to success than they are now? How do they feel they have done compared to other races - Asians, Hispanics...

The Irish came in huge number 150 years ago fleeing a famine/genocide in the UK (Ireland was part of the UK back then). While there was discrimination back then ("no irish need apply"), the Irish succeeded in America over the decades. The Italians came after the Irish and succeeded as well....
All you need is stats and common sense. Your second para - what's your point, seamus?

Old 05-18-2009, 10:10 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
all? take a look at history. it's been the democrats that love war until bush hijacked the republican party.
Dont you just love it? When confronted with a question..they try to change the subject and blame Bush yet again.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:13 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
bush will be the focal point of the 2012 election. get used to hearing this phrase, "we can't go back to the policies of george bush."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Dont you just love it? When confronted with a question..they try to change the subject and blame Bush yet again.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:14 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I don't understand the premise. You seem to be suggesting that it's up to the Democratic Party to make the lives of all black people easier. That's not how it works. People have to take responsibility for their own lives. I don't remember the Democratic Party ever telling anyone that they would take care of their every need.
That's their platform and the message they use to buy votes, be it with 'free' Healthcare for all, amnesty, bowing down to Government employees and unions, etc.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:16 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
You are right on the mark here.
40 years of the Democrat War on Poverty and still no exit strategy.

The Democrat Party is the worst thing to happen to the black community since slavery.
Without getting involved trying to list all the many programs, acts and laws that have been a blessing to millions over the years, let me remind you that Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell were Affirmative Action beneficiaries.

Maybe you all are still mad about Brown v Board of Ed. Or is it Title VII of the CR Act? Or maybe it's just those damn civil rights themselves.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:19 AM

479 posts, read 879,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
That's their platform and the message they use to buy votes, be it with 'free' Healthcare for all, amnesty, bowing down to Government employees and unions, etc.
Kinda like the republicans who promise those poor Appalachians the 'right to keep their guns' if they vote against every other thing of their interest?

Last edited by Queens2QueenCity; 05-18-2009 at 10:31 AM..

Old 05-18-2009, 10:21 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
It is not the responsibility of government to force is citizens to get off their butts and make their way in life. It’s a lesson the democrats simply can't seem to learn.
I agree, but don't see how you answered my question.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies