Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 04:48 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,614,204 times

Advertisements

Blacks keep voting for Dems becuase if you even take a look at City-Data, all you see are right-wing white people assuming all Blacks are ghetto, poor and violent. Why should someone vote for a party full of people who hate them? Not very logical.

If Dems hate Blacks so much, why did they make one their leader and leader of the free world. Some hate there. .

As long as White America chooses to be ignorant towards African-Americans, their culture and their role in our history, why blame them for voting for their self-interests?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 05:50 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
Blacks keep voting for Dems becuase if you even take a look at City-Data, all you see are right-wing white people assuming all Blacks are ghetto, poor and violent. Why should someone vote for a party full of people who hate them? Not very logical.

If Dems hate Blacks so much, why did they make one their leader and leader of the free world. Some hate there. .

As long as White America chooses to be ignorant towards African-Americans, their culture and their role in our history, why blame them for voting for their self-interests?
You go too far with your post. As a percentage of their population, Blacks are in ghettos, are poorer and are more violent than Whites or Asians. White Americans who are ignorant toward African Americans tend to be less racist. That is why states with a low percentage of African Americans are less racist than states with a high African American population.

African Americans as a percentage of their population depend more on Government assistance than Whites or Asians. Democrats are the party of spreading the wealth. Democrats want to tax those who produce more in order to support those who do not or can not produce. Because Blacks as a percentage of their population are less productive then Whites or Asians it makes sense that they would support Democrats. As you say, its logical.

- Reel

Old 05-20-2009, 08:56 AM

395 posts, read 510,880 times
This is interesting, considering I was JUST thinking about this yesterday. I don't know if blacks really believe either party wants to help them, but they know that there is a better chance with Democrats. Democrats know they have the black vote pretty much always, but Republicans know they pretty have the evangelical Christian vote every time as well. Both groups are pretty exploited by politicans. They don't have to do much convincing in order to get their vote. You could probably put David Duke as a Democrat and he would get the black vote.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:21 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,156,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadison View Post
Umm... so blacks are dropping out of school because of Democrats? LOL!

Umm... and they commit higher crime rates because of Democrats? WTF? LOL!

See the point yet?
I'm not saying the democrats "caused" it. I'm saying their policies make it worse. It becomes a self-perpetuating cycle because the democrats do not see anything wrong with their own polices/ideology.

Its also white liberal types that make excuses for poor and uneducated blacks and try to legitimize dysfunctional behavior.

Quote:
The blacks in the U.S. need to change their culture if they want to improve thier lot. Simple as that.
No really? I totally didn't see that that before.

The problem is, if they keep voting for the policies and ideas of the democrats, they will remain poor and be plagued by high crime and high school dropout rates.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:59 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
Blacks have been voting for Democrats at high percentages (up to 90%) for at the least the last 40 years, but they have seen little improvement in their communities ( in some cases total deterioration) . In cities like Oakland, CA for example, (run by democrats) you have some of the highest high school dropout rates and crime rates in the country.

My question is, do Democrats actually care about the demographic that consistently votes for them?

Are they doing this on purpose? Because it really seems so. To go 40 years voting for a party and have little to show for it would probably make me question my voting patterns.

Discuss.
Because I don't want to go to political rallies with people like you. Nothing personal but your posts suggests I wouldn't like it.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
I'm not saying the democrats "caused" it. I'm saying their policies make it worse. It becomes a self-perpetuating cycle because the democrats do not see anything wrong with their own polices/ideology.

Its also white liberal types that make excuses for poor and uneducated blacks and try to legitimize dysfunctional behavior.

No really? I totally didn't see that that before.

The problem is, if they keep voting for the policies and ideas of the democrats, they will remain poor and be plagued by high crime and high school dropout rates.
See I am really sure that I don't want political affiliation with you. This time two years ago I was a Black Republican for some of the base issues you suggest. But it was people with attitudes that you seem to possess that made me go back to the Democrats. At least I can disagree with them and still break bread without feeling dirty. Believe me other than a few plants not many Blacks would feel comfortable at a Sarah Palin rally.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:10 PM

8 posts, read 11,948 times
Default Dems Treat Blacks Bad

And Republicans treat them much better? And white America gives a crap? And life in the US is fair? And Forty acres and a Mule? And Indians get what? And white men love guns, war and theft? and on and on and on.

Quote:
Blacks have been voting for Democrats at high percentages (up to 90%) for at the least the last 40 years, but they have seen little improvement in their communities ( in some cases total deterioration) . In cities like Oakland, CA for example, (run by democrats) you have some of the highest high school dropout rates and crime rates in the country.

My question is, do Democrats actually care about the demographic that consistently votes for them?

Are they doing this on purpose? Because it really seems so. To go 40 years voting for a party and have little to show for it would probably make me question my voting patterns.

Discuss.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:11 PM

Default Dems Hate Blacks

4 Sho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post

Old 05-20-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:

Discuss.
When you can convince Black folk that you care about us than maybe just maybe the Republican Big Tent will actually grow. However until that happens moderates within the party can only hope and look down the road at the opposition tent that is overflowing with diversity.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:13 PM

Default Dems Hate Blacks

No..... Not David Dukes my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnamecanido View Post
This is interesting, considering I was JUST thinking about this yesterday. I don't know if blacks really believe either party wants to help them, but they know that there is a better chance with Democrats. Democrats know they have the black vote pretty much always, but Republicans know they pretty have the evangelical Christian vote every time as well. Both groups are pretty exploited by politicans. They don't have to do much convincing in order to get their vote. You could probably put David Duke as a Democrat and he would get the black vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies