Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2017, 05:27 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
Sure it does. You obviously believe that most women are only approaching Mr. Universe, and I'm saying that any guy that has his stuff together is going to find himself not having to make the first move very often. If I have to pursue her, she's either not genuinely interested or she's playing hard to get. In either case I'm not interested.
Like I said, just because you have your stuff together, doesn't mean women will suddenly come out of the woodworks to approach/flirt with you. It doesn't really just work like that, in my experience.

I've made the first move, and the woman has never come off as not being interested or playing hard to get. Things may have ended, but they ended for different reasons entirely.

Like I said, if I depended on the woman making the first move, I'd most likely be single forever, lol.

We obviously agree to disagree based on our own experiences, and that's fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 05:29 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,791,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Like I said, just because you have your stuff together, doesn't mean women will suddenly come out of the woodworks to approach/flirt with you.

We obviously agree to disagree based on our own experiences.
It appears we disagree on what it means to truly have your stuff together, but that's a whole other topic.

Old 11-04-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:

I've made the first move, and the woman has never come off as not being interested or playing hard to get. Things may have ended, but they ended for different reasons entirely.
That would depend on what HER reasons were. Things could've ended because they never should have started in the first place.

Old 11-04-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
That would depend on what HER reasons were. Things could've ended because they never should have started in the first place.
Meh, women make the first moves and still end relationships all the time, lol. Sometimes, the guy is the one that ends it. In my case, I'm the one that has ended it sometimes after making the first moves.

People end relationships all the time for different reasons, and it's not really because of who made the first move. They just realized that they really weren't ready to date, or had noticed incompatibilities with the other person after going on some dates with them.

Old 11-04-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Meh, women make the first moves and still end relationships all the time, lol. Sometimes, the guy is the one that ends it. In my case, I'm the one that has ended it sometimes after making the first moves.

People end relationships all the time for different reasons, and it's not really because of who made the first move. They just realized that they really weren't ready to date, or had noticed incompatibilities with the other person after going on some dates with them.
Of course. I never said people don't change once they're in a relationship, but you should be asking yourself just how worthwhile the relationship or even the courting process is LIKELY to be if she's not even showing interest in you from the very beginning. The topic of discussion is about men handling rejection, and augiedougie's advice will help them avoid it altogether. But if you're willing to just accept rejection as par for the course you have that right.

The only exception I can think of is when she is obviously interested but is apparently too shy to act on it. At that point the first move is on you, and this is clearly not a scenario that would end with you being rejected.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Of course. I never said people don't change once they're in a relationship, but you should be asking yourself just how worthwhile the relationship or even the courting process is LIKELY to be if she's not even showing interest in you from the very beginning. The topic of discussion is about men handling rejection, and augiedougie's advice will help them avoid it altogether. But if you're willing to just accept rejection as par for the course you have that right.

The only exception I can think of is when she is obviously interested but is apparently too shy to act on it. At that point the first move is on you, and this is clearly not a scenario that would end with you being rejected.
Sure, Augie's advice will help in that regard. But, you might be waiting a very LONG TIME for a woman to approach you, flirt with you, and show a clear interest in going out with you.

Often times, they're interested in me after I make the initial first moves (whether in-person or online). The fact of the matter is, a lot of women want the guy to make at least the first initial first moves. It is what it is.

That being said, if they're obviously not showing any interest, then I definitely end it pretty soon. That's not hard to determine for me nowadays.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:37 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,827,714 times
As a woman , I realised it really depends on the what man wants . Some men want ladies to make the first move , some Want to be be pursuer . I had males telling me both ways . Some tell me if it is not their idea or at least he believe it is their idea ..they reject it. Also some guys who say woman should making the first move is attractive .

So until you know what the guy is like , it is all a
Gamble..

The only thing that doesn’t change is a good looking guy or woman dun need to do the approaching.. they get approached

If you are not a 9 pointer in terms of looks , you probably need to put yourseld out there

Last edited by singaporelady; 11-04-2017 at 06:56 PM..

Old 11-04-2017, 06:39 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,827,714 times
Quote:
Sure, Augie's advice will help in that regard. But, you might be waiting a very LONG TIME for a woman to approach you, flirt with you, and show a clear interest in going out with you.

Often times, they're interested in me after I make the initial first moves (whether in-person or online). The fact of the matter is, a lot of women want the guy to make at least the first initial first moves. It is what it is.

That being said, if they're obviously not showing any interest, then I definitely end it pretty soon. That's not hard to determine for me nowadays.
Bingo .. honestly I also ever showed interest after a guy made the first move .

Both man and woman will subtly or clearly show if they are interested or not after that.

Old 11-04-2017, 11:51 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,001,526 times
Quote:
So, in other words, there's absolutely no room for improvement for the average guy; the average, American male who is most likely out of shape, lacking in necessary confidence and probably doesn't make that much money? I disagree.

In my opinion, the problem is that we're so busy telling people that they're perfectly fine the way they are and don't need to make any changes that would actually tilt the odds in their favor. My experience has taught me that it's definitely possible to go from being virtually ignored to being approached regularly. Your mileage may vary.
Good advice but everyone has a different ceiling. Some guys can improve themselves and pick up tons of women but they lack the base-level attractiveness to have women regularly approach them unsolicited. When I say approach, I'm talking about a woman actually talking to you and flirting first..possibly asking you on a date....not the hair flip, extra long stare, passive-aggressive stuff.

Every guy should strive to be a better version of himself. If a man is starting out average...he's got room to grow, but if a guy is disfigured, much shorter than average etc., he's gotta bust his butt just to get up to average.

Old 11-05-2017, 02:39 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,349 times
Meh

I waited almost 5 years for a woman to approach me. My results? One, very pregnant women, ''Approached'' me. And by very pregnant, I mean 7-8 months along? And come to find out, this girl wasn't even single and from what she told me, wasn't even with that dad of the child that she was carrying anymore. So this probably doesn't even count as an approach. After an additionally pathetically long dateless stretch, I bit the bullet and realized that I need to start approaching.

If you really want someone that you desire, you're gonna have to go get her. You'll be waiting an eternity, if you wait for her to come to you. You might be frickin dead before she gets to you. Don't waste your life and time waiting for something that might never come, go out and get it. Waiting for something to happen, breeds chronic singledom and the deterioration of social/dating skills. The kind that we see from many of the guys who start posting around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology