Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2023, 05:45 PM

4,607 posts, read 6,437,629 times

Advertisements

The Mebane site

https://youtu.be/YfoyCZiWVUM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2023, 06:54 PM

1,322 posts, read 1,259,370 times
I'm sure I wrote on one of the previous 23 pages that if Buc-ee's had picked a spot in Alamance instead of Orange it would have been approved. I'm sure it wasn't the folks at Buc-ee's reading this that made them find an Alamance location.

I was at the Buc-ee's in Warner-Robins Georgia (near Macon and Robins AFB) soon after it opened. It was pretty easy in-out from the interstate and the bathrooms were great. I didn't buy anything inside because it was mobbed and it was December 2020 and being around strangers wasn't safe.

Will I stop there for cheaper gas if I'm driving by and need it -- yes. I tend to do a final fill-up heading home from the west because gas in Mebane is cheaper than Durham. Will I join their loyalty program like Sheetz? Maybe.

Old 06-29-2023, 11:38 PM

240 posts, read 239,176 times
Dumb question here… does Buc-ee’s have EV chargers as well? Surely among the 120+ gas pumps I’d expect them to throw EV drivers a bone but then again you never know!

Old 06-30-2023, 01:07 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,479,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inner_outer_440 View Post
Dumb question here… does Buc-ee’s have EV chargers as well? Surely among the 120+ gas pumps I’d expect them to throw EV drivers a bone but then again you never know!
Some locations have Tesla Superchargers, but I think they should go ahead and accommodate non-Tesla EVs as well.

Old 06-30-2023, 05:14 AM

4,304 posts, read 5,993,934 times
By the time this is built it may not be worth accommodating non-Tesla CCS systems given the rate manufacturers are adopting Tesla’s NACS.

Old 06-30-2023, 05:41 AM

9,146 posts, read 14,775,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
I have no love for Bucee’s, but it’s yet another example of how Orange County’s antidevelopment zealotry is adjacent counties’ gain. Development and revenue just go elsewhere.
The Orange County site was zoned for quite a bit of development already, it just was not zoned for a gas station. The country actually did try to work with them but Buc-ees was not willing to do enough to get approval. If Buc-ees site selection people had more of a clue they would have gone straight to Alamance to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inner_outer_440 View Post
They had Tesla supercharger at the Crossville, TN location I went to. As mentioned further down, hopefully long term this will be useful for lots of cars. Would be nice to have the dual ones for the next few years though.

The Tennessee location was causing 6 minor stop and go traffic on I-40 because the light at the ramp could not handle it. This was the Nashville Taylor Swift weekend so I'm sure traffic was heavier than usual. Hopefully this won't happen here, but I'm not holding my breath.

Old 07-05-2023, 09:59 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,814,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
You make it sound like Carowinds or something...its a (very big) gas station.
If Sheetz and Super Walmart had a baby, it’d be Buc-ees. I stopped one time on a trip and that was more than enough for me.

Old 07-05-2023, 10:50 AM

366 posts, read 227,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
I have no love for Bucee’s, but it’s yet another example of how Orange County’s antidevelopment zealotry is adjacent counties’ gain. Development and revenue just go elsewhere.
Orange County isn't anti-development per se. They approved that spot for a healthcare related business. Development in OC is fine so long as it only brings in white collar workers or provides housing for them.

Old 07-08-2023, 11:28 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,367,806 times
Wonder if they will consider a Buc-ee's on 85 between Greensboro and Charlotte or between Charlotte and Spartanburg? A location is planned for Anderson, SC.

Old 10-01-2023, 07:59 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,729,526 times
I have heard rumors of a Buc-ee’s in or near Rockingham, NC?
I just don't see it, though I would love for it to happen. Get me
some brisket and head track side for some fanning!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary