Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 09:30 PM

23 posts, read 25,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
When you leave permanently...let the alarm go off.. the police will come by and then you have the opportunity to tell them what hes been doing. You can also make reports on the past crimes.
Yeah, I was certainly going to leave the alarm going off. The apartment complex can't even shut it off because he went in and changed the master code also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 09:32 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,550,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyToDoThis View Post
Because they're my babies. I want them.
Its not enough that they are your babies and you want them. That is not a good enough reason to keep them away from their dad or to keep them with you in this particular situation. That being the first answer you came up with, along with everything else you've said is very telling.

Quote:
And though I've said throughout this forum that they are happy and don't know of anything beyond some arguments here and there, I was just confronted by another poster on how she was 5 and though it was behind closed doors, she certainly knew. So yeah, that excuse is out. I will do what I have to do to protect them, but handing them over to their dad is at the bottom of that list.
Something else to think about. Is he the kind of man you want your kids to be? I'm not talking about the "best friend" he portrays in front of them, (and I'm sure everyone else). I'm talking about the man YOU know him to be. Do you approve of a man who is one thing with your kids and another with you, someone who is forcing your kids to live a lie? Would you not have felt betrayed if you found out that someone you trusted growing up was forcing your parent to live the way you are now? Do you think he is sparing them witnessing the abuse for their sake, because he cares for them?

Old 08-18-2010, 09:35 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,983,907 times
Ready, he sounds like a phsycopath and you are in a prison right now... These abusers do this because they want complete control over you.Which he has..... It`s a power trip for these type of people. Please leave...

Old 08-18-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I still don't understand why staying with the grandparents can't be considered...
My grandparents would take me in and they'd help me a great deal. They're hitting an age where they might not be here much longer and I don't know if I want the last of their years to be spent practically raising me and two children. Before my mom passed, I was constantly calling her cause "bob" would hit me, pour a coke on my head, or whatever, and I wanted out so bad and she wanted me to leave him so bad. She died with one of the last conversations we ever had being about how some man is abusing me and she was scared out her mind for me. I hate that.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Something else to think about. Is he the kind of man you want your kids to be? I'm not talking about the "best friend" he portrays in front of them, (and I'm sure everyone else). I'm talking about the man YOU know him to be. Do you approve of a man who is one thing with your kids and another with you, someone who is forcing your kids to live a lie? Would you not have felt betrayed if you found out that someone you trusted growing up was forcing your parent to live the way you are now? Do you think he is sparing them witnessing the abuse for their sake, because he cares for them?
No, he's not

Old 08-18-2010, 09:46 PM

897 posts, read 1,592,559 times
I don't have any words of validation, support or advice for you because you don't deserve them. It's all been said and given already and you're still making excuses. There's plenty of women out there who have made it on their own working full time jobs, taking care of their children and earning their degrees at night.

I can only hope that your children's father finds out about this and gets them taken away from you for their sakes. Stop trying to glorify yourself to an internet audience by claiming to be the martyr in this situation. You have plenty of options and have done the only thing that shouldn't be an option; staying. You're a selfish person and a poor excuse of a mother.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:48 PM

Ready, if your grandparents would take you in, then I would go there. You need not to worry if you are burdening them.You need a safe place to stay.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:49 PM

385 posts, read 626,589 times
While I completely understand why you would be concerned about the basic needs (adequate food, shelter, clothing, etc) of your children being met, I think you also need to think about the psychological and esteem needs of your children. This abusive relationship you're in could have much larger psychological repercussions on them later. I know you say they aren't witnesses to the abuse but kids are a lot smarter than people give them credit for and if they don't see it already they will see it later down the road as things escalate, which I'm sure they will. Guys like this one don't get better over time, they get worst. If your kids had to choose between nicer clothes or a happier/safer mom then don't you think they would pick the latter? If you sacrifice your own happiness for a more financially secure lifestyle for your children, don't you think you might eventually resent them in the future? Have you ever given thought to that? Don't put that kind of burden on yourself or your children. Does your school offer free counseling to their students? I think you should see a counselor or social worker as soon as possible. There are options available for you but you have to seek them out and act. Everyone on this board and their mother can tell you to leave but you'll only do that when you're ready. For the sake of yourself and your kids I hope you have the realization soon. Counseling might help you reach that conclusion faster.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:50 PM

fat, your comments are very rude!

Old 08-18-2010, 09:54 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyToDoThis View Post
My grandparents would take me in and they'd help me a great deal. They're hitting an age where they might not be here much longer and I don't know if I want the last of their years to be spent practically raising me and two children.
I understand your concern, but desperate situations call for desperate measures, and you ARE in a desperate situation! You're conscientious, so I'm sure you'll do your best not to burden them. Having a safe roof over your head is enough. They'll be happy to help you! That's what families are for!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships