Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 08:51 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,743,263 times

Advertisements

More excuses....

I think you are being selfish and you just can't see the big picture here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 08:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyToDoThis View Post
Half is paid by grants and scholarships, while the other half is paid by loans. He has no part in that.
If I were you, I'd put school on hold for some time, move in with my grandparents, find a job, get on my feet, and then continue with school and possibly getting my own place. No matter what they think, they're still your grandparents and won't leave you and the kids on the street.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:53 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
So far I have seen nothing but denial and excuses. Either get out now or don't, it is your choice but sitting in front of a computer screen is not going to get the getting out process started. You do not need to wait for a shelter to open, you need to dial 911 and tell them that you are being abused and you and your children need to get out of the home immediately. 911 is open all the time and they are equipped to deal with situations like yours immediately. Grow up already and do what is best for your children at this moment. If you choose to stay with this man do so but give your children to someone who will keep them safe from harm and teach them that it is not ok to abuse or be abused by another human.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:53 PM

23 posts, read 25,466 times
I called the domestic abuse hotline for the local shelter and received some info. Not very encouraging though, must I say. It's a 6 week program, I would be able to stay there and they would provide me with counseling and try to get me into hud housing which with the economy is not very likely to happen, quoting her here. I could do that. Also, if I really needed to, I possibly (but don't know for sure), move to where my ex is and allow him to keep the children and me live on campus, but I would still be really close to them seeings there's a state university close by. Only prob with that is 1. financial aid may not pay for me to live on campus and 2. If I don't have a vehicle, I don't know if I would be able to see my kids on a regular enough basis. Yeah, that's just starting to sound like worse and worse of an idea the more I think about it.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:56 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,305,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
OMG... You may end up DEAD!!! Do you understand that?! Do you think this will make your kids' lives better??
You may end up DEAD!!!

Let me repeat that.

You may end up DEAD!!!

Do you think he will take care of your kids?

You may end up DEAD!!!

Just wanted to say it again..

Old 08-18-2010, 08:57 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,388,267 times
Quote:
I have enough crap on my hands right now without you throwing out there that he abuses my kids also. Never has he or would he. He's best friends with them, it's me and him that can't get along for the love of God.

OK, do you expect anyone to believe that??

Old 08-18-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
You may end up DEAD!!!

Let me repeat that.

You may end up DEAD!!!

Do you think he will take care of your kids?

You may end up DEAD!!!

Just wanted to say it again..
I'm listening, I promise.

but just to make you feel a little better, the kids have a Dad that would love to have them anytime. They would never be placed with "Bob"

Old 08-18-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post

OK, do you expect anyone to believe that??
Yeah, you know, actually I do. When you can point out a single point in this forum in which I've lied to you or anyone else, you can then question that. Not only is he great with my children, he's great with every child I've ever seen him with. My daughter has him wrapped around her little finger. If me and him got along the way they did, we'd be doing much better. Please don't call my credibility into question. I haven't lied here or tried to deceive any one in any way. I came here for help, not to get solutions to a false scenario.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:05 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,009,486 times
Quote:
Yeah, he doesn't hit my children in any way, shape, or form, so please don't start assuming that. I have enough crap on my hands right now without you throwing out there that he abuses my kids also. Never has he or would he. He's best friends with them, it's me and him that can't get along for the love of God.
Yeah, I missed this one. Really?Anyone who abuses a child's mother or father abuses that child and in a very profound way. Never think for one moment they don't see it. They often react in different ways than you might think, but they're a lot smarter than many obviously give them credit for. My brothers and sisters heard it. I responded to it by trying to stay out of trouble. I thought if I were better behaved, it might stop--the abuse to my mother. It had nothing to do with me though. Guess how old I was. Five. They know. And it IS abusive to them.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:05 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
Quote:
I'm listening, I promise.

but just to make you feel a little better, the kids have a Dad that would love to have them anytime. They would never be placed with "Bob"
If they have a dad that would love to have them anytime, why aren't they with their father? This isn't making sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships