Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tall women, would you date or marry a short man?
Yes 51 53.13%
No 45 46.88%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 09:29 PM

3,665 posts, read 8,678,336 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't date anyone shorter than myself. Its a matter of my own physical attraction to them, nothing wrong with the other person.

Old 03-12-2011, 05:34 PM

56 posts, read 171,628 times
We see here that there are a lot of insecure women who require a tall man. Femininity does not come from the inside in the modern day women, but comes mainly from outside forces. She needs a trophy tall man on her arm to affirm her femininity. It is sad to see how superficial women have become. It once seemed that men were more superficial and cared more about physical appearance, but it is obvious roles have changed and women have become more superficial. Love today has become polluted.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:22 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,672,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckyb221 View Post
We see here that there are a lot of insecure women who require a tall man. Femininity does not come from the inside in the modern day women, but comes mainly from outside forces. She needs a trophy tall man on her arm to affirm her femininity. It is sad to see how superficial women have become. It once seemed that men were more superficial and cared more about physical appearance, but it is obvious roles have changed and women have become more superficial. Love today has become polluted.
Both sexes are equally superficial, sheesh. How many men won't date a woman who is taller than them? Many, believe me. Just last night I had a man who was about 5'10 tell me I was too tall to be attractive.. I laughed and moved on. It's personal preference and nothing more.

How many men won't even look twice at woman who is 20 lbs overweight?

Old 03-13-2011, 03:00 AM

56 posts, read 171,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Both sexes are equally superficial, sheesh. How many men won't date a woman who is taller than them? Many, believe me. Just last night I had a man who was about 5'10 tell me I was too tall to be attractive.. I laughed and moved on. It's personal preference and nothing more.

How many men won't even look twice at woman who is 20 lbs overweight?
Personally I don't know any men who wouldn't date a woman because she is tall or taller. Many of the women I have dated have been taller. I don't judge a women based on her height. This would be stupid and I believe that any man that does this is superficial.

Weight and height are not a fair comparision. This is like apples and oranges. Weight can be changed...Height can not be. Also, 20 Ibs is very different from a 5'2" woman or a 5'10" woman so we would need to put it into context. I see plenty of men with overweight woman when I am out. I don't see many shorter men with a same height or taller woman.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:57 PM

3,000 posts, read 3,550,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Totally depends. I'm 6'1 And while I can't really see myself being with anyone under.... Say 5'5 I definitely wouldn't rule it out if he was a great guy
How tall was the shortest guy you dated?

Old 03-24-2011, 11:04 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,672,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
How tall was the shortest guy you dated?
5'6. We dated for 2 years.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:32 PM

2 posts, read 7,174 times
I was reading your blog, and I had to write about my experiences in trying to meet and date tall girls, so as to offer a male’s point of view.
When I was 24, I met a divorced woman, 32, who was 5’11”. I was 5’8”. It was a brief affair, but I just could not get over her long legs and curvy broad hips. She possessed a tapered waist which only accented her curvy hips ever further. Because of her, I developed an appreciation for long legs and the natural curvy hips of a tall woman.
The relationship ended due to the age difference, plus there were no jobs in the city I lived in. I lived in a city on the great lakes, and it was a rust belt city. I moved to Houston, TX, where I found a job quickly, and I moved into a singles apartment complex. Back then, Houston was the singles capital of America.
In this apartment complex, there was a loose knit group of single men and women. The group would throw spur of the moment parties, we would go to Happy Hours given by local radio stations and other singles events. (I even dated one of the girls in the group for a while.) In this singles group was Heidi, 5’11”, early 20’s, blonde hair, blue eyes and attractive. I remember one time she was standing before me, while I was sitting in a chair by the complex pool. She was wearing a white 2 piece bikini. I looked up through her long tanned legs to those broad hips, bringing memories of the past. In the few times we talked, she never expressed any interest in me, and I accepted that.
One Saturday, during the summer while at another pool in the same complex, I and2 or 3 other guys were having a few beers, when another man I knew walked up to us and mentioned that he had proposed to Heidi. She had turned him down, and he wanted anyone in the group, to put a good for him with her. To say the least, we were all stunned that a guy would say this to a group of acquaintances. Anyway, Heidi never did change her mind. A few months later, while at my pool, I overheard two girls talking about Heidi turning down two other men. I do not know if these girls were talking out of envy or were mocking these two men, but this showed that Heidi was getting the attention of men.
I stayed at this apartment complex for two summers. (Fast forward 12 years, one child and one divorce later.) A friend of mine wanted me to join a singles dating organization. I said before I join, I want to see what some of the girls in this organization looked like. He obtained about 20 biographies with photos of the women. It must have been photo 8 or 9, but there was Heidi. Her name appeared on the top of the page, with her photo below and two paragraphs about her life. I remember this one phrase, 34 years old, never married, no children.
I thought, how could this be? If she were not the most desirable girl in a social gathering, she certainly was one of the more desirable girls. I knew of three men who offered to marry her, and there must have been more. And this made me think about my own personal experiences as I approached taller women. As I went back in time, I remember two girls telling me to my face they wanted a taller man, one girl in a gym, talked to me with such a look of disinterested she couldn’t have looked more uninterested if she had wanted to, another girl I approached looked at me as if I had insulted her for even talking to her. On line, I met a girl 5’11”, and we worked out together once in my apartment complex gym, after that she did not return my two phone calls, another girl named Mary turned me down for a taller man. Now, you may say it is because of my looks, that could be true, but as I approached girls closer to my height, my success rate went way up. (Photo as proof)
This blog made me think about the rejections by tall girls, and it angered me, but not at the time the rejection. Only years later, when I actually tallied them up, for this letter, did I get angry. I was rejected not because I was ugly, bald, fat, had a dead end job etc.. No. The reason I was rejected by all of these women was my height, as if you can measure a man’s character or worth by using a yardstick. Not one even bothered to put forth the effort to get to know me much less date me. That later changed when I was divorced and single, but not for the right reasons.
These tall females, who I dated, were in their mid to late 30’s and found themselves with little to no interest from tall or short men. They experienced that a tall man was no more interested in dating a tall woman any more than a man with black hair wanted to date a woman with black hair. And the shorter men, like me, who for years had been rejected, were reluctant to get rejected again.
I had a relationship with a girl 5’11” another 5’10”, one wanted me who was 6’, but all these girls were past their prime i.e. mid to late 30’s. All three were divorced and found that men were not approaching them, just as Heidi discovered. And this made me wonder how many other women had squandered their youth and fertility because of the obsession for a tall man? I, who would have relished the opportunity of having curvy broad hips and a tapered waist to hold all night and to make love to into the early hours of the morning, was never, not once, even given a chance to start a relationship. That changed years later, when taller girls approached me, but my interest was for a younger female. For I could date younger women, and I did. When I was 38, my first girlfriend was 27, my next was 27, and my last was 24, who became my second wife.
I am now married with sons 11, 7 and 3 along with a son 22 from my first marriage. I am a good father and husband. I give my boys attention and time, as a matter of fact last week; I went on a Boy Scout camp with the 11 and 7 year old. They have electric motorcycles, pedal carts, all sorts of video games, and have traveled many places for vacations. I have traveled the world on business, and my wife has been on a few trips with me. I have been to Singapore, Japan, Sarawak, Brunei, Russia, Italy, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, England, France, Netherlands, Scotland, Tunisia, Republic of Congo, Nigeria, Venezuela, Brazil, Mexico, Canada, Alaska, the Arctic Circle, Hawaii, and 20 - 30 states of the United States. I can almost say there is not a city in the US where I don’t know of a good restaurant. I have 3 degrees, and I have co-authored a US patent. I have made over 6 figures for 10 plus years, my house (4 3.5 2) is paid for, so are my cars.
I could have provided a good life to any girl. I wanted a taller girl because of the physical turn on and to for fill one of my desires, yet not one single tall girl (20’s age) gave me a chance. I was turned down consistently and without a second thought.
So, if you find yourself in your late 20’s or early 30’s with no prospect of a husband or children in the immediate future, you have no one to blame but yourself. There were men like me, who wanted a leggy female, (I did not need to have a taller girl, but liked the idea.) But they, like me, were never accorded the opportunity. And the reality is that the vast majority of tall women will not even consider a shorter man until it is too late. You would think it would be obvious that if you included shorter males in your suitor selections, your odds would increase in finding a mate, for there are a lot more shorter males than there are taller ones. So my advice would be to accept the advances of all men and get to know them. Throw away the yardstick, you may find someone like me, who would love to share his life and love with a tall girl.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:09 PM

629 posts, read 1,234,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Land Bill View Post
I was reading your blog, and I had to write about my experiences in trying to meet and date tall girls, so as to offer a male’s point of view.
When I was 24, I met a divorced woman, 32, who was 5’11”. I was 5’8”. It was a brief affair, but I just could not get over her long legs and curvy broad hips. She possessed a tapered waist which only accented her curvy hips ever further. Because of her, I developed an appreciation for long legs and the natural curvy hips of a tall woman.
The relationship ended due to the age difference, plus there were no jobs in the city I lived in. I lived in a city on the great lakes, and it was a rust belt city. I moved to Houston, TX, where I found a job quickly, and I moved into a singles apartment complex. Back then, Houston was the singles capital of America.
In this apartment complex, there was a loose knit group of single men and women. The group would throw spur of the moment parties, we would go to Happy Hours given by local radio stations and other singles events. (I even dated one of the girls in the group for a while.) In this singles group was Heidi, 5’11”, early 20’s, blonde hair, blue eyes and attractive. I remember one time she was standing before me, while I was sitting in a chair by the complex pool. She was wearing a white 2 piece bikini. I looked up through her long tanned legs to those broad hips, bringing memories of the past. In the few times we talked, she never expressed any interest in me, and I accepted that.
One Saturday, during the summer while at another pool in the same complex, I and2 or 3 other guys were having a few beers, when another man I knew walked up to us and mentioned that he had proposed to Heidi. She had turned him down, and he wanted anyone in the group, to put a good for him with her. To say the least, we were all stunned that a guy would say this to a group of acquaintances. Anyway, Heidi never did change her mind. A few months later, while at my pool, I overheard two girls talking about Heidi turning down two other men. I do not know if these girls were talking out of envy or were mocking these two men, but this showed that Heidi was getting the attention of men.
I stayed at this apartment complex for two summers. (Fast forward 12 years, one child and one divorce later.) A friend of mine wanted me to join a singles dating organization. I said before I join, I want to see what some of the girls in this organization looked like. He obtained about 20 biographies with photos of the women. It must have been photo 8 or 9, but there was Heidi. Her name appeared on the top of the page, with her photo below and two paragraphs about her life. I remember this one phrase, 34 years old, never married, no children.
I thought, how could this be? If she were not the most desirable girl in a social gathering, she certainly was one of the more desirable girls. I knew of three men who offered to marry her, and there must have been more. And this made me think about my own personal experiences as I approached taller women. As I went back in time, I remember two girls telling me to my face they wanted a taller man, one girl in a gym, talked to me with such a look of disinterested she couldn’t have looked more uninterested if she had wanted to, another girl I approached looked at me as if I had insulted her for even talking to her. On line, I met a girl 5’11”, and we worked out together once in my apartment complex gym, after that she did not return my two phone calls, another girl named Mary turned me down for a taller man. Now, you may say it is because of my looks, that could be true, but as I approached girls closer to my height, my success rate went way up. (Photo as proof)
This blog made me think about the rejections by tall girls, and it angered me, but not at the time the rejection. Only years later, when I actually tallied them up, for this letter, did I get angry. I was rejected not because I was ugly, bald, fat, had a dead end job etc.. No. The reason I was rejected by all of these women was my height, as if you can measure a man’s character or worth by using a yardstick. Not one even bothered to put forth the effort to get to know me much less date me. That later changed when I was divorced and single, but not for the right reasons.
These tall females, who I dated, were in their mid to late 30’s and found themselves with little to no interest from tall or short men. They experienced that a tall man was no more interested in dating a tall woman any more than a man with black hair wanted to date a woman with black hair. And the shorter men, like me, who for years had been rejected, were reluctant to get rejected again.
I had a relationship with a girl 5’11” another 5’10”, one wanted me who was 6’, but all these girls were past their prime i.e. mid to late 30’s. All three were divorced and found that men were not approaching them, just as Heidi discovered. And this made me wonder how many other women had squandered their youth and fertility because of the obsession for a tall man? I, who would have relished the opportunity of having curvy broad hips and a tapered waist to hold all night and to make love to into the early hours of the morning, was never, not once, even given a chance to start a relationship. That changed years later, when taller girls approached me, but my interest was for a younger female. For I could date younger women, and I did. When I was 38, my first girlfriend was 27, my next was 27, and my last was 24, who became my second wife.
I am now married with sons 11, 7 and 3 along with a son 22 from my first marriage. I am a good father and husband. I give my boys attention and time, as a matter of fact last week; I went on a Boy Scout camp with the 11 and 7 year old. They have electric motorcycles, pedal carts, all sorts of video games, and have traveled many places for vacations. I have traveled the world on business, and my wife has been on a few trips with me. I have been to Singapore, Japan, Sarawak, Brunei, Russia, Italy, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, England, France, Netherlands, Scotland, Tunisia, Republic of Congo, Nigeria, Venezuela, Brazil, Mexico, Canada, Alaska, the Arctic Circle, Hawaii, and 20 - 30 states of the United States. I can almost say there is not a city in the US where I don’t know of a good restaurant. I have 3 degrees, and I have co-authored a US patent. I have made over 6 figures for 10 plus years, my house (4 3.5 2) is paid for, so are my cars.
I could have provided a good life to any girl. I wanted a taller girl because of the physical turn on and to for fill one of my desires, yet not one single tall girl (20’s age) gave me a chance. I was turned down consistently and without a second thought.
So, if you find yourself in your late 20’s or early 30’s with no prospect of a husband or children in the immediate future, you have no one to blame but yourself. There were men like me, who wanted a leggy female, (I did not need to have a taller girl, but liked the idea.) But they, like me, were never accorded the opportunity. And the reality is that the vast majority of tall women will not even consider a shorter man until it is too late. You would think it would be obvious that if you included shorter males in your suitor selections, your odds would increase in finding a mate, for there are a lot more shorter males than there are taller ones. So my advice would be to accept the advances of all men and get to know them. Throw away the yardstick, you may find someone like me, who would love to share his life and love with a tall girl.
Wow took me a while but here goes. Your right in that there plenty of women who in theiir prime will not date a man under a cerain height. They're stuck in that mind set that it is a preference and they "deserve" to get what they want. These women don't know how to date someone without infatuation. They convince themselves of serveral reasons why they "know" a short man isn't good for them. I once dated an asian girl who was 4'10" and I'm 5'9". Her last bf was 6'4" and that was her preference. She dated me because we had everything in common but I could tell she was reluctant about it. Eventually I got tired of her gawking at and talking about really tall men so I left her. She ofcourse jumped on the next 6 foot man who was a jerk to her. She went through several more guys and now, 5 years later can't find a bf. She'll either have to let go of her childish criteria or end up alone. The third option is end up with the next tall guy who asks regardless of his personalty which is a roll of the dice.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:20 PM

817 posts, read 812,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
Wow took me a while but here goes. Your right in that there plenty of women who in theiir prime will not date a man under a cerain height. They're stuck in that mind set that it is a preference and they "deserve" to get what they want. These women don't know how to date someone without infatuation. They convince themselves of serveral reasons why they "know" a short man isn't good for them. I once dated an asian girl who was 4'10" and I'm 5'9". Her last bf was 6'4" and that was her preference. She dated me because we had everything in common but I could tell she was reluctant about it. Eventually I got tired of her gawking at and talking about really tall men so I left her. She ofcourse jumped on the next 6 foot man who was a jerk to her. She went through several more guys and now, 5 years later can't find a bf. She'll either have to let go of her childish criteria or end up alone. The third option is end up with the next tall guy who asks regardless of his personalty which is a roll of the dice.
You see, that's how ridiculous women have become off late, a super short sized women who still thinks she has to only go for a giant of a man, that's how 99% of the women are in the outside world, no wonder most tall guys end up being jerks, it's not their fault, they have unlimited options with all those women falling over them, heck, any man in their situation would take advantage of that. In the modern day society you just be a tall man, and most women are your's, your personality, character, accomplishments, mean ZERO to most women, well your money does help though.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:50 PM

20 posts, read 46,232 times
Yes I agree. It's not to imply that all Tall men are jerks. There are plenty of short jerks, but Taller men can definitely afford to be. Whenever one of my female friends are talking about there are no good men left, she's not talking about the shorter crowd. Typically, its what she thinks she deserves, TDH -Tall, Dark and Handsome, in that order. I've also seen the epidemic. I have a zillion stories on it. My favorite one was this chubby woman who was about 4'10, not too particularly attractive, but I liked her and her personality. She had maybe three other guys in the running. She decided to drop me and chase the other ones. We remained friends. The other guys 5'11 and above used her for sex. When it was all said and done, she then pursued me again. I laughed, like are you serious? She went on and on about how I was the perfect guy, educated, talented, responsible, etc and I interjected, "but I'm short"... I'm fit and attractive in the face, but all she saw was that. I was second rung.

I typically hear this from the taller ones, except its usually met w/a laugh or ridicule. How DEAR I approach them. I went out w/a woman who was 5'10 for a year and a half who went as far to deny me to some (found out after the fact). She left me b/c she couldn't see a future w/a short man (she told me this). Her next boyfriend, 6'1 w/an arrest warrant for not paying child support. Granted her and I were 28 and 29 at the time, but hey! They like what they like!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships