Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2011, 04:58 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,683,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDavis View Post
Nah, it's okay, like I said, women are not getting any trouble from me in the process and I get to keep my quiet life. That's quite honourable I think.
Do you truly believe prostitution is the more "honorable" path to take? You don't find prostitution an affront to human dignity? A degrading, dehumanizing exchange? A form of taking advantage of a weaker person's unfortunate circumstance?

Your definition of "honorable" is questionable, in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 08:37 AM

894 posts, read 2,316,451 times
Throughout this entire thread, the things I'm sensing from Jason are fear, selfishness, and an inflated sense of self righteousness. I feel real bad for the woman who you rejected. You make it sound as if she was proposing marriage to you, but in the end the relationship may have just died out. Who knows? And you would have found out some valuable information about yourself. Whether you are capable of being in a relationship or not. You seem to get along great with your family and friends, why would being in a romantic relationship be all that different? I know it's not the same, but it shows that you have some manner of fellow feeling towards others who you care for. And if the physical act of making love is really at the core of why you're afraid to move on, it's not as nerve racking as you think. At first you think you're going to be nervous and terrible in bed, or embarrassed to show the full monty in front of someone else, but once it starts happening, you forget about all that and go with the flow, and you realize there wasn't really that much to be worried about.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:48 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,622,786 times
Quote:
And I want to change. That's why I said I have been thinking about paying for sex.
It is worth the money. Remember to barter, the price is always flexible. Do not waste the money on a "around the world" the straight lay is all I would pay for.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:06 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,683,776 times
Quote:
Okay, first of all take your time to recover.

I had been seeing this woman for a while, she's really great, very good looking, funny, intelligent. It was our 5th date and I invited her to my house. We had a few drinks, saw some old pics, etc. She then started to touch me and kiss me in a way I knew would eventually lead to sex. When I was sure she intended to spend the night there I panicked for obvious reasons.

I told her to stop because I needed to tell her something. Then I said I had been enjoying the dates but that we weren't really fit for each other and perhaps we should stop going out together. I then showed her the door. I could see she was really surprised and disappointed and kept saying 'What did I do wrong? Do you expect me to believe it just like this?'. I told her I'm no good for her and that there are plenty of single men around who can make her happy.

I really ruined it. But I panicked seriously, I saw very embarrassing moments coming had I let things flow.

Should I try to reconnect with her? Sorry for bringing my personal drama here, but I can't speak about this with no one, for obvious reasons as well.
Call her up, dont mention what happened. Dont apologize. If she asks why you acted wierd, just say because you were scared of how strong your feeling for her are or something corny like that. Women love to hear **** like that.

Next time before sex, get drunk. If the sex does not go well you can blame it on being drunk. Sex is like riding a bike. Once you get on, you may fall off in the beginning but after that its pretty much easy as pie. No punt intended.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:47 AM

88 posts, read 278,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
So, you really don't want a relationship, you just want to use women to bandage your insecurity.

And yah, you were right: no mentally stable woman should go out with you because your penis is all you can give.
Bandage insecurity? I'm saving a woman from trouble and now it's my fault? If I went ahead and made her miserable you would be saying the same, so it's damn if you, damn if you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
Personally, if I were in that womans shoes and you treated me like that, I would think it was about me and it would crush me. That is an awful thing to do to someone just to preserve your own ego. On the other hand if you came to me the next day and explained it to me, I would be so happy that it wasn't about me that I would forgive instantly and probably set about teaching you a thing or two. You missed a great opportunity there, you should learn from it and not make the same mistake again. Force yourself to take a chance..nothing ventured, nothing gained.
I made it pretty clear to her that it certainly wasn't about her, it was about me. Perhaps I missed a great opportunity in the short term but it surely was the best option for the long run. She's fantastic and very attractive, it could never be her problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
Very telling. You'll be the one "in charge" of what, exactly?
Telling of what? The reality? In charge of time, place, duration, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
Do you truly believe prostitution is the more "honorable" path to take? You don't find prostitution an affront to human dignity? A degrading, dehumanizing exchange? A form of taking advantage of a weaker person's unfortunate circumstance?

Your definition of "honorable" is questionable, in my opinion.
You took that out of context. I was talking about that case specifically, not about prostitution.

And yes, I find prostitution perfectly okay if it's legal. I'm not talking about random street prostitutes but women who do that because they earn a lot. In the Netherlands they even have trade unions for sex workers and they are protected by law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBat View Post
Throughout this entire thread, the things I'm sensing from Jason are fear, selfishness, and an inflated sense of self righteousness. I feel real bad for the woman who you rejected. You make it sound as if she was proposing marriage to you, but in the end the relationship may have just died out. Who knows? And you would have found out some valuable information about yourself. Whether you are capable of being in a relationship or not. You seem to get along great with your family and friends, why would being in a romantic relationship be all that different? I know it's not the same, but it shows that you have some manner of fellow feeling towards others who you care for. And if the physical act of making love is really at the core of why you're afraid to move on, it's not as nerve racking as you think. At first you think you're going to be nervous and terrible in bed, or embarrassed to show the full monty in front of someone else, but once it starts happening, you forget about all that and go with the flow, and you realize there wasn't really that much to be worried about.
Selfishness? Care to explain? If I was having my interests in mind I wouldn't do what I did.

Of course a romantic relationship is very different from a friendship or a family relationship. I've known my family and most of my friends for years and I certainly don't jump to bed with my friends. We can be the best friends or the best relatives but at the end of the day we go to our respective houses and it ends there. Much less expectations.

It's normal to be embarrassed regarding sex when you are 20. When you're 41 and never had it it's a lot worse because you're supposed to 'know it all' by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Call her up, dont mention what happened. Dont apologize. If she asks why you acted wierd, just say because you were scared of how strong your feeling for her are or something corny like that. Women love to hear **** like that.

Next time before sex, get drunk. If the sex does not go well you can blame it on being drunk. Sex is like riding a bike. Once you get on, you may fall off in the beginning but after that its pretty much easy as pie. No punt intended.
Like I said previously, that chapter is over. She has moved on and I'm happy for her.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:57 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,785,015 times
Get laid, who cares what anyone else thinks? Do you want to die a virgin?

Old 08-05-2011, 03:16 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
Get laid, who cares what anyone else thinks? Do you want to die a virgin?

this...

Old 08-05-2011, 05:33 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Go to Vegas, it is way cheaper than Amster Dee.

Paying for sex can turn into a nasty habit. I suppose it could be the sex, but for me I love the thrill. I have been robbed, beat down, stabbed (a pimp came out of the motel bathroom and got the jump on me) and almost killed and I keep coming back for more. I love it so much and I spend so much money on it, but I don't care. It's what makes me happy.

Plus you do not have to deal with all the crap that comes along with the game. Games are for kids. Here's 600 bucks, you know how I like it. And please lock the door behind you.

Dude, I'm not going to judge or disrespect you because you pay for sex. I'm going to judge and disrespect you because you pay hundreds of dollars and risk your life for something that "makes you happy." I question your sanity.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:37 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksn75 View Post
Exactly. Jason, I don't think anyone here thinks you are mentally ill. There are millions of people who seek out counseling for various reasons, such as deaths/relationship/self esteem issues, etc etc. I think talking a neutral 3rd party may help you. There is no shame in counseling. It has helped many. A therapist can help you see things differently. Otherwise, just pay for the sex and move on! It's your life. If you don't like something, then change it!
Speak for yourself.......

Old 08-05-2011, 05:47 PM

52,290 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Go to Vegas, it is way cheaper than Amster Dee.

Paying for sex can turn into a nasty habit. I suppose it could be the sex, but for me I love the thrill. I have been robbed, beat down, stabbed (a pimp came out of the motel bathroom and got the jump on me) and almost killed and I keep coming back for more. I love it so much and I spend so much money on it, but I don't care. It's what makes me happy.

Plus you do not have to deal with all the crap that comes along with the game. Games are for kids. Here's 600 bucks, you know how I like it. And please lock the door behind you.

Well, I guess that's one way to spend a Friday night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships