Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2012, 01:18 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,522,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
But what if there is no second date? What if the woman doesn't like him enough to go out with him again? Does he get to send her a bill for her half of the meal?

Don't give some of these guys any ideas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 01:27 PM

551 posts, read 1,925,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Men shouldn't pay for all dates, but they should pay for the ones that they initiated. In that situation, they are the host and the woman is the guest. You wouldn't invite people to a dinner party and expect them to provide their own food.
Hypothetically speaking...a guy initiates a date...a first date...and he forgets his wallet...says and does pay the woman back for the date...shouldn't he be forgiven?

Old 01-05-2012, 01:27 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Very good advice.
Thanks

Quote:
Don't give some of these guys any ideas
I know, huh? That would be quite something to have men send women a bill for what she consumed and expect her to “pay back” just because they went out. As bad as women who feel a man owes them a walk down the aisle or some sort of sentimental attachment just because they opened their legs too quick. Like I said on page 26, men/women should think twice before opening that wallet or those legs too soon.

A guy took care of expenses, as it is accustomed, and he didn't get a 2nd date? Too bad.
A woman had sex with a guy too soon and guy didn't bother contacting her at all after it? Too bad.

Last edited by onihC; 01-05-2012 at 01:38 PM..

Old 01-05-2012, 01:31 PM

I'll open the wallet too soon if those legs open too soon...

Old 01-05-2012, 01:34 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOhFive View Post
Hypothetically speaking...a guy initiates a date...a first date...and he forgets his wallet...says and does pay the woman back for the date...shouldn't he be forgiven?
It depends on how the date went and how he handled it. Some women would give him another chance, others would be put off by it. If they don't know each other very well a forgotten wallet, even if truly unintentional, isn't going to make the best of impressions.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
It depends on how the date went and how he handled it. Some women would give him another chance, others would be put off by it.
My dates always go awesome!

Old 01-05-2012, 01:40 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,716,319 times
Forgotten wallet = forgotten dude

Old 01-05-2012, 01:45 PM

forgotten understanding = forgotten chick

Old 01-05-2012, 01:48 PM

Na, I'm just saying because I have forgotten my wallet a handful of times. Never on a first date. And it was quite embarrassing. Luckily, the person knew I'd pay them back and no hard feelings. But it was never a conscious decision to forget my wallet to see how she would react or to try to get out of a $50 check.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:50 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,273,223 times
Quote:
It depends on how the date went and how he handled it. Some women would give him another chance, others would be put off by it. If they don't know each other very well a forgotten wallet, even if truly unintentional, isn't going to make the best of impressions.
It does speak to how responsible a man is, if he would leave the house without ID, health insurance cards, and so on and end up driving without his license on him. First time it happens, and the first time the man looks like a moron who'd forget his head if it wasn't attached to his shoulders, it puts the fear in a person, like a tough lesson learned.

That's why adults don't do it. I'd bet the rent the scam includes "forgetting the wallet" in the glove box of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOhFive View Post
Na, I'm just saying because I have forgotten my wallet a handful of times. Never on a first date. And it was quite embarrassing. Luckily, the person knew I'd pay them back and no hard feelings. But it was never a conscious decision to forget my wallet to see how she would react or to try to get out of a $50 check.
Nice back-pedaling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships