Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2013, 05:00 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,889,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Guys are always saying women are hard to figure out...I just don't get men.
Do you realize the irony of that statement?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 05:01 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,317,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
I don't they can outright change but questioning them and not treating them as set in stone law of the universe and being open flexible among individuals can be good start.
They can certainly change, not over night, but in some number of generations.
We can certainly, right now, recognize that they are not set in stone laws of the universe.
And discussing that rationally, without resorting to 'every mean is cheap and every woman is a gold-digger' will speed it up.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:02 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,317,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
I
If I were a woman and had my same mindset, I'd turn this into lemonade on a future date as part of our banter. Example: "Hey, curious question: If you're on a date with a woman and she pays her own way, do you think it means she's not interested? That misunderstanding happened to me before, so I just wanted to get your take on it." (I'd say it with a smile so he knows I'm being playful about it)
This seems like good advice

Old 01-07-2013, 05:06 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,134,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
When have people ever been rational and thoughtful.
Touche!

Old 01-07-2013, 05:07 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,645,393 times
Quote:
Do you realize the irony of that statement?
Yep

Old 01-07-2013, 05:10 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,694,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
They can certainly change, not over night, but in some number of generations.
We can certainly, right now, recognize that they are not set in stone laws of the universe.
And discussing that rationally, without resorting to 'every mean is cheap and every woman is a gold-digger' will speed it up.
I agree I didn't mean to say they won't change but I don't see happening in my lifetime. Till then I with you in rationally discussing theses "mores" and not adopting the that's just the way it is mentality. Plus its going to be a lot of work every man is cheap and every woman is a gold digger is just the tip the iceberg.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:11 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,889,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
This seems like good advice
Gracias!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yep
Too funny!

It's not possible to "understand men" or "understand women" because we're all so different. Every time I think I've found a pattern I run into an individual who is completely different. I've learned to just understand the person in front of me, and their likes, dislikes, philosophy, etc. That is why I ask so many playful yet thoughtful questions in the beginning. No need to understand the group when you can simply ask the person in your face for the cheat codes.

Well, that's worked for me.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:18 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,694,919 times
Quote:
Gracias!

Too funny!

It's not possible to "understand men" or "understand women" because we're all so different. Every time I think I've found a pattern I run into an individual who is completely different. I've learned to just understand the person in front of me, and their likes, dislikes, philosophy, etc. That is why I ask so many playful yet thoughtful questions in the beginning. No need to understand the group when you can simply ask the person in your face for the cheat codes.

Well, that's worked for me.
Faith in humanity being restored.
I stop trying to figure out women and sanity has thanked for it ever since.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:09 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,414,560 times
My friends and I always joke that men who can't be bothered to open a door, or pay for dates, have no interest in getting laid.

the minute a woman starts paying for herself, she is allowing herself to be kept score on and to be taken advantage of and disrespected. I don't care how old fashioned and stupid that sounds. I'm living it right now after always dating guys who paid 100% of the time. Women are conditioned that men pay, we do things like cook for him and treat him in other non monetary ways. men are NOT conditioned that way if they are paid for. so the woman winds up paying for him and he does nothing! (not saying that's true for everyone..but in most cases it is). no way. I'll stick to my traditional ways of always being paid for.

My point is, regardless of income, the man always pays. If he can't afford to take the woman out, he gets creative and thoughtful if he wants to take her out. simple. as. that. I would honestly find the broke yet creative and thoughtful guy a lot more romantic than the guy who took me to fancy restaurants and dropped a ton of cash on me. blech. I've never liked arrogant rich guys anyways. reminds me of old sugar daddies.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:15 PM

152 posts, read 250,635 times
i once bought this woman a large order of fries with her hamburger.. an apple pie too. i didnt have any money left though, so she had to drink water
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships