Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2012, 11:21 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,738,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
Just ended a "relationship" with a girl who ended it by texting me saying she needs a guy who pays for things the majority of the time. Keep in mind I paid for the first 4 dates, a weekend trip to the beach for two and this past weekend she paid for waffle house and then we split a meal at panera bread. a few hours later after panera she texts me saying she needs a guy who pays for the majority of the dates. i didn't realize that her paying for waffle house was too much for her haha. i'm a teacher and make a king's ransom obviously ;-). i also drove us everywhere and would buy her random things like cigarettes, wine, even cooked meals at her place i bought everything from the grocery store.

so ladies how long into a dating do you start paying?
You guys just started dating and she wants to you pay for her cigarettes and wine? That was a red flag for you. That was NOT a classy move on her part. Five or ten years ago guys called a girl like that a "pigeon" (swoops down, pecks furiously untill it gets its fill of the food and then flies away).

I personally think a woman should start out paying for things like tips, parking and maybe gas from Date Two or Three. And if she wants a shot at staying on the dating market she should dial back her expecations to upscale sandwich and casual dining places. It really isn't written in stone that a man has to feed, wine or dine me everytime he sees me. I like the traditional gentleman who wants to "pay for everything" but I don't allow them to, because I don't need them to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 11:26 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,286,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Yzette, I missed a lot of what you've said in this thread, maybe its been covered, do you go out with guys on a date, to dinner, for drinks, etc even if you really arent interested?
I'm in a relationship and have been for five years.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:34 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,290,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
The rest of your post is not worth the time or effort to respond, as it is flogging a dead horse and I have already addressed all of it--including the difference between a first date and cohabitation--many times.
And I have told you how it benefits you to say "oh, now that is different". The whole idea of being a team, this is ours, etc. only works for cohabitating but not when it comes to going out with the guy you are interested enough to date, right? Hey, whatever rocks your boat.

Quote:
Actually, I don't question you about your lovelife because I don't care about it. The things you write paint you as someone I wouldn't want to know.
Same here. After reading what you expect from men, I wouldn't want to know someone that just wants to be in the receiving end. To each, their own.

Last edited by onihC; 01-05-2012 at 11:43 AM..

Old 01-05-2012, 11:38 AM

551 posts, read 1,926,345 times
I make her pay for the first date; and if she comes back, something's there!

Old 01-05-2012, 11:41 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,259,025 times
I always pay my own.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:43 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,093,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOhFive View Post
I make her pay for the first date; and if she comes back, something's there!

Not sure if you're sarcastic or not. I wouldn't go so far to make her pay for the first date, as I see that move failing 90% of the time. But I'll definitely leave some room and space open for her to cover something, ie - I'll buy some drinks, and I'll see if she will offer to buy a drink. Usually this works, and if I keep in contact with her and have another "date" then it seems like things are on the right path.

I don't need to buy your interest, and it works and is a safe road.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Not sure if you're sarcastic or not. I wouldn't go so far to make her pay for the first date, as I see that move failing 90% of the time. But I'll definitely leave some room and space open for her to cover something, ie - I'll buy some drinks, and I'll see if she will offer to buy a drink. Usually this works, and if I keep in contact with her and have another "date" then it seems like things are on the right path.

I don't need to buy your interest, and it works and is a safe road.
Not being sarcastic, and it isn't often or on purpose. There has just been times when I have forgotten my wallet. It's nice to see reactions.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:56 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,738,234 times
If more women would just stop and think. Many men equate their self-worth with the amount of money they have. They tend to tie who they are at their core to the amount of money they make. in this light, is does the "I forgot my wallet" line really make sense? They wouldn't leave their wallet anywhere anymore than they would walk off without their pants.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:59 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,728,056 times
A lesson for the cheapies from johnny:

Mean Eyed Cat - Johnny Cash - YouTube

Old 01-05-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
If more women would just stop and think. Many men equate their self-worth with the amount of money they have. They tend to tie who they are at their core to the amount of money they make. in this light, is does the "I forgot my wallet" line really make sense? They wouldn't leave their wallet anywhere anymore than they would walk off without their pants.
But this doesn’t encapsulate all men. I really have forgotten my wallet a hand full of times. And I don’t measure my self-worth by the size of my wallet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships