Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Guys, are you intimidated to approach a taller woman?
Yes 35 30.43%
No 80 69.57%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 03:02 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I'm very attracted to taller women, but just as attracted to short women. At 6'0", its irrelevant. My height is one of the few areas I'm confident about. But I would have no problem dating a 6'0" supermodel. Bring it on!
Not all tall women are supermodels. Most of us are average women in build who happen to be taller. When men say they like taller women, they're thinking of women like Heidi Klum, not women like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
If she looks like she could play tight end in the nfl, than yes I'm not attracted to her. If she still looks "girlish" I can handle being with a girl up to 6ft. I'm 6'1 myself
The taller a woman is, the thinner she has to be to 'make up' for it is what I've experienced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 03:08 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Not all tall women are supermodels. Most of us are average women in build who happen to be taller. When men say they like taller women, they're thinking of women like Heidi Klum, not women like me.

The taller a woman is, the thinner she has to be to 'make up' for it is what I've experienced.
I don't agree with you JJ. I've never been model thin and I've never had a problem meeting guys.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I don't agree with you JJ. I've never been model thin and I've never had a problem meeting guys.
But you are thin, and very pretty if I do say so myself I'm firmly average in size, and if I were 5'6 it would be great, but since I'm 6'1 I just look really big.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:41 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,236 times
Quote:

It depends hon. I think most of us could go a little taller as long as she doesn't outweigh us by a great deal. That's my problem. At 5' 10" and 197 (more like 193 after the last few days sweating my ass off) she has to be either very tall (6'+) or pretty stocky to dwarf me. On a, say 5' 6" man, it might not be too hard to do. If he is 5' 7" and 160 a 6' woman that tips 215-220 is going to seem pretty good size. She could outweigh him by 60 pounds. Not a big deal if she is 5' 4" and outweighs him. He still has the stature to feel manly. Most of what I've seen 5' 6" to 5' 8" gals seem to like a guy 6' to 6' 2". If they are 5' 9" or (5' 10" like me) they seem to go for 6' 3" to 6' 5" or 6' 6" guys. Four to five inches taller with the man seems to be the golden standard or magic number. My tallest was my 5' 8" GF. Most were 5' 3" to 5' 6". I had one 5' and one 5' 1" as well. All were fine with my stature. However my 5' 8" GF when she wore heels was about an inch taller. I tend to like them round and curvy. If you are 6' 2" and (very curvy) like I like, you are going to be 220+ most likely. Sure I could pick you up. I can lift 375. It's just something feels off about it. I know you said you weigh a lot less. That would be considered as well as you are only 6' 1". I don't think I could do a 6' 3" or 6' 4" chick at 5' 10". I'm as manly as they come, but that just turns me off. She's gotta be pushing 250 at that height.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
It depends hon. I think most of us could go a little taller as long as she doesn't outweigh us by a great deal. That's my problem. At 5' 10" and 197 (more like 193 after the last few days sweating my ass off) she has to be either very tall (6'+) or pretty stocky to dwarf me. On a, say 5' 6" man, it might not be too hard to do. If he is 5' 7" and 160 a 6' woman that tips 215-220 is going to seem pretty good size. She could outweigh him by 60 pounds. Not a big deal if she is 5' 4" and outweighs him. He still has the stature to feel manly. Most of what I've seen 5' 6" to 5' 8" gals seem to like a guy 6' to 6' 2". If they are 5' 9" or (5' 10" like me) they seem to go for 6' 3" to 6' 5" or 6' 6" guys. Four to five inches taller with the man seems to be the golden standard or magic number. My tallest was my 5' 8" GF. Most were 5' 3" to 5' 6". I had one 5' and one 5' 1" as well. All were fine with my stature. However my 5' 8" GF when she wore heels was about an inch taller. I tend to like them round and curvy. If you are 6' 2" and (very curvy) like I like, you are going to be 220+ most likely. Sure I could pick you up. I can lift 375. It's just something feels off about it. I know you said you weigh a lot less. That would be considered as well as you are only 6' 1". I don't think I could do a 6' 3" or 6' 4" chick at 5' 10". I'm as manly as they come, but that just turns me off. She's gotta be pushing 250 at that height.
So it doesn't matter what she looks like, only what the number on the scale reads? When I was 215 or so, I wore the same size pants as my sister, who is 5'6 and around 170... Most people pegged me at around 160 or so and were always shocked when I told them what I really weigh. Last time I weighed myself I was around 190, which is a few lbs into the overweight category, but not much. I still comfortably wear a size 13, which is smaller or around the same size as most of my friends who are 6" or more shorter than I am, yet I'm considered the 'fat' one because of the number on the scale. It's silly, really.

While I still want to lose around 30 lbs, I don't obsess over it I think people have a very skewed view of what women weigh once you get over the 5'9 mark. It seems that once you get over the 150 mark (which would make me border underweight) all of a sudden the numbers become scary for a woman. I'm not embarrassed about my weight, it's normal for a woman of my stature.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:52 PM

This is a nice build for me. I wonder how much that is on a 6' 1" frame?!?!

http://cdn.madamenoire.com/wp-conten...ssize42610.jpg

Old 07-09-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
So it doesn't matter what she looks like, only what the number on the scale reads? When I was 215 or so, I wore the same size pants as my sister, who is 5'6 and around 170... Most people pegged me at around 160 or so and were always shocked when I told them what I really weigh. Last time I weighed myself I was around 190, which is a few lbs into the overweight category, but not much. I still comfortably wear a size 13, which is smaller or around the same size as most of my friends who are 6" or more shorter than I am, yet I'm considered the 'fat' one because of the number on the scale. It's silly, really.

While I still want to lose around 30 lbs, I don't obsess over it I think people have a very skewed view of what women weigh once you get over the 5'9 mark. It seems that once you get over the 150 mark (which would make me border underweight) all of a sudden the numbers become scary for a woman. I'm not embarrassed about my weight, it's normal for a woman of my stature.
190- 215 isn't too much.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
190- 215 isn't too much.
For some, sure. For many guys though, anything over that magical 150 mark is 'fat'. In fact, I've had men tell me that anything over 130 is fat.

I'm fairly happy with my weight (though I will lose a bit more and tone up) but there are many out there that think tall women should look like Nicole Kidman (blech, too skinny)

Old 07-09-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
For some, sure. For many guys though, anything over that magical 150 mark is 'fat'. In fact, I've had men tell me that anything over 130 is fat.

I'm fairly happy with my weight (though I will lose a bit more and tone up) but there are many out there that think tall women should look like Nicole Kidman (blech, too skinny)
If you look close to that ^, I might make a move!

Old 07-09-2012, 04:02 PM

The last one who hit on me at work was 6' and built like that. She was an animal. Not now sweets, working! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships