Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 01:30 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
What is this supposed to prove?

Is a man who is successful and attractive supposed to go for a divorced and overweight woman?

Maybe there is a lot of truth to the idea that most women are hypergamous?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, genius.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 01:37 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,557,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I am deathly afraid of getting older. It seems that when a woman approaches 30, she is no longer valuable or desirable to men as younger girls are. They'll just toss me aside and start chasing after 19 year olds. This is a very depressing state. If I get married, will my husband still lust after me or will he want to trade me in for a 20 year old??
If you chose someone who is choosing you mainly based on looks - then this is the predestined outcome.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:46 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,376,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, genius.

Funniest thing I've read in awhile. Thanks for the laugh. I did not think I needed to completely SPELL IT OUT. But we may be working with an IQ of three below houseplant on that one.

p.s. Would rep you again if I could...

Old 01-18-2013, 01:48 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,376,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
What is this supposed to prove?

Is a man who is successful and attractive supposed to go for a divorced and overweight woman?

Maybe there is a lot of truth to the idea that most women are hypergamous?
You sound smart. Hypergamous is a big word.

p.s.
My point was that plenty of perceived "desirable" men choose women for qualities other than looks. I should, however, have listed additional traits in quality men such as character, kindness, compassion, etc. I was definitely remiss in that.

Last edited by GoCUBS1; 01-18-2013 at 02:08 PM..

Old 01-18-2013, 01:53 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,084,360 times
Quote:
Yes, I've seen this happen in my extended family. I don't know, it seems that men don't value women once we get to a certain age..it's really depressing to watch men in relationships disregard their wives/girlfriends for someone much younger...I fear this will happen to me, actually I think its inevitable
There is way more to life than being persued by men.
You have to value yourself before anyone else will value you.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:32 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,192 times
Quote:
I am deathly afraid of getting older. It seems that when a woman approaches 30, she is no longer valuable or desirable to men as younger girls are. They'll just toss me aside and start chasing after 19 year olds. This is a very depressing state. If I get married, will my husband still lust after me or will he want to trade me in for a 20 year old??
Welcome to the world of fear and aging in the dating world. Your concerns are nothing new my dear.

Plenty of women hold strong fears of being undesired when they hit that 30 mark and beyond. I really don't understand it because it's not like 30 is that old. It's still quite young actually.

Personally, I believe women can fill out a lot better and look much nicer when they've aged a bit and grown into their bodies. Curves become clearer and more pronounced. Early 20's women are nice to look at but some haven't really grasped the concept of taking care of themsleves when they are young to look better in aging. The ladies who lose their looks are the ones who rely way too heavily on youthful appearance for impression. Young and prime is fine for a while but I like it when women ripen up a bit with age.

Funny thing happened to me once. A woman totally rejected me, using the excuse that she was afraid of losing her looks when she gets older. Totally insisted that I would run off with some PYT and leave her.

So Schtewpid!!!

Women are like wine. They improve with age. More of you ladies need to understand that and have no fears.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:10 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,192 times
[quote=Ascension2012;27775385]There is actualy a real easy way to be at peace with this and you have the power to make it happen for yourself. Make the right choices, during the years that you are desired and chased by many guys. Choose a guy who is driven, intelligent and polite, instead of that dirtbag that will impregnate you, smack you around and leave you and his kids without blinking an eye. As it stands, we know its commonplace while quality guys wait on the sidelines without as much as mere recognition of their existance.[/quote]

You've got a decent point there.

I get more attention now from divorced and separated moms. Not so much the older single ladies without kids because they still hold on to the hope that their ideal Mister Prrince will find them.

Many divorced and separated moms have adolescent or adult children. The guys they richly desire to be with, namely the tall dark and handsomes of the world don't want a thing to do with them. The same women who were very deliberate in their rejecting of me in their 20s, now look my way because they don't have any other options unless being alone is one of them.

I don't think women focus that much on quality in men when they are young. Some do but most don't. Character and personality is of minimal importance whereas the concern about how his looks contributes to hers is most important. Young women want quantity and variety with hopes that the superficial nature of their choosing in a man doesn't become a douche. They like this challenge of forming and shaping one a**hole into a potential husband and father. When she fails to change him and he leaves her pregnant and fending on her own, her desires for the good guy she never would have chosen becomes her main target. ME.

Old 01-18-2013, 04:52 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,103,914 times
Quote:
There isn't much you can do about getting older. It just happens. You can take care of yourself. Just please don't dress and act like you're 17 when you get to be 40. So many women do that, and they look just like they are trying to be 17.

A good man will love you as you BOTH age. Remember that love can change from giddiness to deep love and appreciation that can withstand time.

Old 01-18-2013, 04:54 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,103,914 times
Quote:
The same women who were very deliberate in their rejecting of me in their 20s,
Their loss.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:00 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
Women are like wine. They improve with age.
Agreed but sometime wine (like people) turns into Vinegar and can be fairly bitter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships