Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 04:04 AM

23,238 posts, read 29,080,592 times

Advertisements

As you get into your 30's and 40's there'll be another hazard you may be encountering, the men may stop desiring you, but the boys will start desiring you.

That's what happened to me during my 40's, warding off the younger set looking for mother/father figures, and, amusingly, I've never stopped chasing after the older set!

For Chrissakes, I'm 62 now, still chasing after them, the older set!

Last edited by tijlover; 01-18-2013 at 04:17 AM.. Reason: Edit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 05:16 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,102,565 times
You're married? Well what are you worrying about? And why do you think your husband will behave like most men? Don't you trust him enough that he loves you?

Old 01-18-2013, 06:22 AM

410 posts, read 515,617 times
it depends on what you will be like when you get older. i guess if you start acting like a decrepid senile old fart, he might want to replace you for a younger youthful beauty with more pep than yourself.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:27 AM

633 posts, read 724,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post

Seriously, honey, I have enjoyed my 30s way more than my 20s and it keeps getting better. I love getting older. I also look better than I did in my mid and late 20s.
I concur actually can't believe the saying life begins at 40 is true for me. In my teens and 20s, I was miserable!!! But it is coz of my own doing. Life really is what you make of it. Trust me.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:30 AM

48,556 posts, read 34,920,300 times
If being young and hot is ALL you bring to the table, I can see why this may be a worry.

Just make sure you have more going for you than that.

Just like women, men like a whole package, especially men as they mature. You should be developing your career, your intellect, wit, and develop a passion for something... exercise, hobbies, french lit..... something.

And use Retin-A, and stay out of the sun.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:42 AM

40,955 posts, read 49,242,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Just like women, men like a whole package, especially men as they mature. You should be developing your career, your intellect, wit, and develop a passion for something... exercise, hobbies, french lit..... something.
Absolutely we do. Being attractive at 40 or 50 is semi-important but more important is being loving, kind, compassionate, caring and so on. Most women get better with age. At about 32 they blossom into full blown women / ladies. They stop playing the girl games of their youth.

We well adjusted mature men love well adjusted mature women. Also love all the great Bedroom skills they've learned over the years.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:54 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,467,290 times
"Will men stop desiring me once I get into my 30s and beyond?"

Absolutely!
Anyway, you sound as someone who really needs to mature...

Old 01-18-2013, 12:54 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,386,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Absolutely we do. Being attractive at 40 or 50 is semi-important but more important is being loving, kind, compassionate, caring and so on. Most women get better with age. At about 32 they blossom into full blown women / ladies. They stop playing the girl games of their youth.

We well adjusted mature men love well adjusted mature women. Also love all the great Bedroom skills they've learned over the years.
Well said....

OP, if you are looking to attract shallow men only based on your looks, you'll have some trouble as you get older. Jersey Shore type guys will overlook you. As others have mentioned, it may help to get some counseling to determine why you have this viewpoint - what it says about your understanding/value about yourself and about men in general.

Luckily, there are many great men out there who look for the qualities described in the above post. Some of the most well-adjusted and "desirable" (e.g. wealthy, powerful, intelligent, attractive) men out there look for these qualities. I mean what do you think about Wallace Simpson or Camilla Parker Bowles? They were older, average-looking women desired by royalty - men who risked the crown for them.

My own FIL is highly successful, wealthy, intelligent, attractive, with an oceanfront house. Many women in Palm Beach pursued him and he could have snared some young 20-something. But who did he take as a 2nd wife? A twice divorced, overweight, similar aged woman he met at church. Before we met her, he went on and on about how beautiful she was. We were expecting a model. Boy were we surprised. But she is the most beautiful woman in the world to him.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:59 PM

657 posts, read 717,540 times
the man god made for u. will never leave you or take you for granted. your task now .... find him ?

Old 01-18-2013, 01:11 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,680,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
My own FIL is highly successful, wealthy, intelligent, attractive, with an oceanfront house. Many women in Palm Beach pursued him and he could have snared some young 20-something. But who did he take as a 2nd wife? A twice divorced, overweight, similar aged woman he met at church. Before we met her, he went on and on about how beautiful she was. We were expecting a model. Boy were we surprised. But she is the most beautiful woman in the world to him.

What is this supposed to prove?

Is a man who is successful and attractive supposed to go for a divorced and overweight woman?

Maybe there is a lot of truth to the idea that most women are hypergamous?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships