Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2013, 05:44 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
OK. But some women prefer a man who isn't a true alpha male, anyways. Some women prefer men who are more laid back, and who aren't driven, and who aren't leaders. Maybe not most women, but certainly some.
some women also want Charles Manson.

I see your point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 05:46 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times
Business empire?

Wat. You're basically taking the socially constructed view that a man's worth to society and to women is only dependent on his financial productivity.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:46 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
some women also want Charles Manson.

I see your point.
Hardy har har.

I'm trying to get you to understand that not everyone has the same preferences in a man as you do, and that that's OK. There isn't only one valid type of man (i.e. alpha) for a woman to be attracted to.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:47 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Who says alpha males want to dominate women? Where is that coming from?

"1. An Alpha male is very comfortable with himself. He always radiates confidence. He does not fear anyone, he does not really care how people think of him. Confidence is him.
2.Is very passionate in life.

3. Failure is only a minor setback for a real Alpha Male.

5. Driven.

6. High morals and values.

7. An Alpha male is a natural leader.

8. An Alpha male is a Problem Solver.

10. He believes in growth. Humble yourself and learn!

12. A True Alpha male is not bossy. Not at all.

13. He is not afraid to face his faults or admit when he is wrong.....

25 Traits of an Alpha Male | Traits Of The Alpha Male

I cannot put words in calipoppy's mouth, but I don't think dominate ******* who does not respect women are the men she wanted at all.

According to the above definition of alpha male

WHO DOESN'T WANT AN ALPHA MALE?
In my opinion a true "alpha male" is actually an Omega man... or at least I think so....

Read the second paragraph here about how the alpha "must be perceived" as the leader.... sounds like some candy azz type of guy to me...

As always, just my humble opinion of course

Urban Dictionary: omega male

Old 06-20-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Hardy har har.

I'm trying to get you to understand that not everyone has the same preferences in a man as you do, and that that's OK. There isn't only one valid type of man (i.e. alpha) for a woman to be attracted to.
I do understand your point. Don't get me wrong.

Earlier, you posted, "Not all women want driven men." I wonder what is your definition of the word "driven"

To me, a guy works 2 jobs in order to give his family a better life is very driven. Driven does not necessarily mean having unattainable life goals.

EVERY man has the potential to be the ultimate alpha male.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:57 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Spot on lilyflower!!

The men in my family (father, grandfathers, uncles, great uncles, cousins) are nearly all alpha males. And they have passed on the importance of being strong men to their sons.

These are men who worked hard, earned advanced degrees (during a time when most Black men didn't even have a high school education), built businesses and practices, provided for the family financially, protected the interests of the family at any cost and by any means necessary. These are men who faced a great deal of adversity and triumphed for the sake of their families. Strong men. Solid men. Loving men. Protective men. Kind men. Giving men.

These are men who love and respect their women and children. These are men who will do whatever it takes to make certain that their family is safe and well-provided. My mother worked only because she wanted to work and not because she had to work to support the family. Neither one of my grandmothers worked a day in their lives outside of their own homes because they were provided for financially.

I wouldn't dare settle for a man who does not live up to the standards set for me by the men in my own family. I wouldn't dare become the wife of a lazy slacker when I have such fine examples of manhood in my life.

Quote:
Who says alpha males want to dominate women? Where is that coming from?

"1. An Alpha male is very comfortable with himself. He always radiates confidence. He does not fear anyone, he does not really care how people think of him. Confidence is him.
2.Is very passionate in life.

3. Failure is only a minor setback for a real Alpha Male.

5. Driven.

6. High morals and values.

7. An Alpha male is a natural leader.

8. An Alpha male is a Problem Solver.

10. He believes in growth. Humble yourself and learn!

12. A True Alpha male is not bossy. Not at all.

13. He is not afraid to face his faults or admit when he is wrong.....

25 Traits of an Alpha Male | Traits Of The Alpha Male

I cannot put words in calipoppy's mouth, but I don't think dominate ******* who does not respect women are the men she wanted at all.

According to the above definition of alpha male

WHO DOESN'T WANT AN ALPHA MALE?

Old 06-20-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
I do understand your point. Don't get me wrong.

Earlier, you posted, "Not all women want driven men." I wonder what is your definition of the word "driven"

To me, a guy works 2 jobs in order to give his family a better life is very driven. Driven does not necessarily mean having unattainable life goals.

EVERY man has the potential to be the ultimate alpha male.
Some men don't want to have a family, just a wife or even just a girlfriend. Some men want to have a relaxing, layed back life, not carting a bunch of kids around and worrying about getting them in the right school. And some women want the same thing. And some men and women don't care one way whatsoever about wealth, status, or anything beyond comfort. Some don't even want comfort, they just want to be doing the things they love to do.

I agree that most (but not all) men have the potential to be an alpha male, but some men don't want to be one. And some women don't want to have one.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Spot on lilyflower!!

The men in my family (father, grandfathers, uncles, great uncles, cousins) are nearly all alpha males. And they have passed on the importance of being strong men to their sons.

These are men who worked hard, earned advanced degrees (during a time when most Black men didn't even have a high school education), built businesses and practices, provided for the family financially, protected the interests of the family at any cost and by any means necessary. These are men who faced a great deal of adversity and triumphed for the sake of their families. Strong men. Solid men. Loving men. Protective men. Kind men. Giving men.

These are men who love and respect their women and children. These are men who will do whatever it takes to make certain that their family is safe and well-provided. My mother worked only because she wanted to work and not because she had to work to support the family. Neither one of my grandmothers worked a day in their lives outside of their own homes because they were provided for financially.

I wouldn't dare settle for a man who does not live up to the standards set for me by the men in my own family. I wouldn't dare become the wife of a lazy slacker when I have such fine examples of manhood in my life.
I agree!

Old 06-20-2013, 06:00 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
The bolded part is not true in the case of scaredy cats like me (of course we're not the type of man you or calipoppy want, anyways).
If you are too scared to even ask me out then you would certainly be too scared to protect me in a situation that required you to do so. So why would I need to be in a relationship with a man who does not love me enough to protect me?

Old 06-20-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Spot on lilyflower!!

This may be what made North America great, but North America also has plenty of room for people who have no desire whatsoever to have a family, nor to set an example for anybody, nor to protect anybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships