Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 05:35 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,000,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Dweller View Post
Sounds like a lame'o excuse for a hoochie mama to have 50+ prior partners to me. In which case, duh, most good guys don't want any of that.

She needs shots before you even speak to her.
Thanks for providing an excellent example of the sort of attitude that leads so many men to marry women with low sex drives. Much more succinct than my post .

By the way, the women I know with high sex drives are in very long term (multiple decades) committed relationships and do not drink. They married guys who were more interested in reality than stereotypes.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:42 PM

173 posts, read 209,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Thanks for providing an excellent example of the sort of attitude that leads so many men to marry women with low sex drives. Much more succinct than my post .

By the way, the women I know with high sex drives are in very long term (multiple decades) committed relationships and do not drink. They married guys who were more interested in reality than stereotypes.
Stereotype? Most men can handle 10-15....maybe up to 20.

To a man with 5 or less a hooker starts looking like a better option.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:45 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,383,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Myth. All the studies out there show married people having sex more frequently than single people.
Lots of men in that thread admit they aren't into their wives anymore anyway; you don't think the wife picks up on that?
2 of the biggest myths on this forum: 1.) Married women lose their sex drive and 2.) You have less sex when you get married.

Marriage Sex: The Truth About Sex After Marriage

“Studies have found that married people have more sex than single people, and they also have more varied sex” says sexual health expert and best-selling author Dr. Laura Berman, who hosts “In The Bedroom with Dr. Laura Berman” on OWN. ”Oral sex is also more common among married people.”

One of the most comprehensive studies on the subject, which was released in 2010 by the Center for Sexual Health Promotion at Indiana University, confirmed this, compiling statistics on sexual attitudes and habits of 5,865 people between ages 14 and 94.

An average of 61 percent of singles reported that they hadn’t had sex within the past year, compared with 18 percent of married people. Looking specifically at those between the ages of 25 and 59, 25 percent of married people reported that they were still having sex two to three times per week versus less than five percent of singles."

Old 06-27-2013, 05:45 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,813,353 times
Quote:
Re: Husbands not getting laid:

I have seen hundreds of forum posts, including many on CDR, in which men state categorically that they would never have a serious relationship with a woman with a high sex drive, especially one higher than their own.

These men say that they believe women with high sex drives are more likely to cheat, and/or more likely to have 'too much' previous sexual experience. (These men do not explain why their own higher drive doesn't make them likely to cheat, or slutty, or otherwise rule them out as partners .)

I think it's clear than, when it comes to marriage, many men deliberately select women with lower sex drives than their own. A man with an average sex drive chooses a wife with a lower than average one, and a man with a high drive chooses a wife who is average. This does not mean women with high drives don't exist, only that they are unlikely to be married to men with issues around gender and sex.

I think this is why we get so many married guys complaining about lack of sex. They are the guys who did not think about the predictable consequences of their choices, and do not think now about what they did to create the situation they are in. They just complain.

That and the couch potato explanation someone posted earlier .
Good point!

Old 06-27-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Good point!
So says Tiger Woods too.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:47 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,940,938 times
Quote:

I think Cliff was referring, basically, to women who aren't wired for monogamous behavior (or don't feel that they are in a given period of their life) because of this high sex drive, be it real or maybe just perceived.

The problem with people, men or women, who pursue multiple partners to satisfy their sex drives, I think, is that it isn't something that many of them will actually do without the alcohol factor present ("50 shots").

I wonder if the story mentioned in your OP doesn't involve, at least on some level, a journalist hanging out with a bunch of drunk chicks after a semester of Womens' Studies?

Old 06-27-2013, 05:48 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,813,353 times
Quote:
Stereotype? Most men can handle 10-15....maybe up to 20.

To a man with 5 or less a hooker starts looking like a better option.
What are you talking about? 10-15 what? Sexual partners? His previous sexual partners or a woman's previous sexual partners? Why does hooking look like a better option with 5? Five of what?

Old 06-27-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montguy View Post
I think Cliff was referring, basically, to women who aren't wired for monogamous behavior (or don't feel that they are in a given period of their life) because of this high sex drive, be it real or maybe just perceived.

The problem with people, men or women, who pursue multiple partners to satisfy their sex drives, I think, is that it isn't something that many of them will actually do without the alcohol factor present ("50 shots").

I wonder if the story mentioned in your OP doesn't involve, at least on some level, a journalist hanging out with a bunch of drunk chicks after a semester of Womens' Studies?
Yeah, something like that I guess. Find a boyfriend, you don't have to screw every damn guy at the bar.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
What are you talking about? 10-15 what? Sexual partners? His previous sexual partners or a woman's previous sexual partners? Why does hooking look like a better option with 5? Five of what?
Sexual partners..

Sounds like women who "get around" are complaining that guys with 5 or less don't want them.

Are you kidding? 25?

Yikes!

Old 06-27-2013, 05:50 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,876,358 times
Quote:
Sounds like a lame'o excuse for a hoochie mama to have 50+ prior partners to me. In which case, duh, most good guys don't want any of that.

She needs shots before you even speak to her.
# of partners doesn't matter. None of them are in the picture when she's with you, right here, right now (unless MMF threesomes are your thing). But that's a whole other can of worms and discussing such fetishes/fantasies is likely to end up with this great thread getting locked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships