Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2014, 09:09 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,154,890 times

Advertisements

You can't argue morality. That's what this post is turning into. She basically took a break from her boyfriend with him thinking that it was for HER to think about their relationship going forward. He was never told this, he never knew that it was a break so that SHE could sleep with a random guy twice. But hey, it was a break says "the one lacking in morality". I guess anything to let you sleep at night.

The op obviously lacks morals. You loved him so much that it took you all of two days to get with someone else? Hmm, that's not the love I'm sure your boyfriend THINKS that he has. He is thinking that you were hurt, albeit for an untrue reason. The boyfriend doesn't need the op. He doesn't need all of the manipulation that she brings or the cruelty that she obviously shows as well as a lack of maturity. Op, do your boyfriend a favor and leave him. You sound like you don't even want a relationship. Actions speak louder than words. Let your boyfriend find an honest, faithful girl. That's the decision you should make if you love him so much. Let him find someone with similar morals/ values. Make this the most "unselfish" decision that you have ever made. Cut him lose.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:09 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,428,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Again, this is a straw man.
Again, no it is not. And simply saying it is does not make it so.

Single is single. You want to pretend that WHEN the singlehood occoured changes everything. I see no reason - except your constant assertion to the contrary - to think this is true.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
You have to call a spade a spade.
If I see a spade - then that is what I will do. I will not sit around blindly while someone calls a spoon a spade however.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:11 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
That sentence sums up exactly what I think rationalmale's entire point here actually is. Yet aside from his assertion that it is so - I see no reason to think that it is so.
I get you two want to be able to dump chumps, sleep around, and go back to them without consequence when new guy pumps and dumps you, like the OP, but that is not the way of the world.

You can whine all over internet forums that you shouldn't have to be accountable for the people you sleep with and who that affects, but it doesn't change reality.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:12 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Again, no it is not. And simply saying it is does not make it so.

Single is single. You want to pretend that WHEN the singlehood occoured changes everything. I see no reason - except your constant assertion to the contrary - to think this is true.
I spelled it out for you why it was a straw man, but just like every single one of your responses, you picked one sentence in my post, responded to that, and failed to address why it wasn't a straw man.

339 posts, read 380,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
You can't argue morality. That's what this post is turning into. She basically took a break from her boyfriend with him thinking that it was for HER to think about their relationship going forward. He was never told this, he never knew that it was a break so that SHE could sleep with a random guy twice. But hey, it was a break says "the one lacking in morality". I guess anything to let you sleep at night.

The op obviously lacks morals. You loved him so much that it took you all of two days to get with someone else? Hmm, that's not the love I'm sure your boyfriend THINKS that he has. He is thinking that you were hurt, albeit for an untrue reason. The boyfriend doesn't need the op. He doesn't need all of the manipulation that she brings or the cruelty that she obviously shows as well as a lack of maturity. Op, do your boyfriend a favor and leave him. You sound like you don't even want a relationship. Actions speak louder than words. Let your boyfriend find an honest, faithful girl. That's the decision you should make if you love him so much. Let him find someone with similar morals/ values. Make this the most "unselfish" decision that you have ever made. Cut him lose.
The bolded hits it on he head. And I simply can't believe all the women on this thread who think this is just fine and dandy for the OP to lie to her boyfriend and carry on.

One of the many, many reasons I don't date anymore.

2,560 posts, read 2,640,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
Nice false equivalency.

If he slept with prostitutes 5 years ago, no. If he slept with prostitutes while they were on a "break," then yes.
There's no false equivalency as I'm using the logic that it is manipulation to withhold one knows will likely affect another's decision. I'm quite unsure if you know what that word means.

Why is only what he did when they were on break her right to know/what she deserves to know? Why is it only manipulation when he withholds it when they are on break when irrelevant of the time the act is something that will most likely affect her decision to be with him?

Old 02-03-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
You can't argue morality.
Given morality is a subjective human idea - you cant NOT argue morality. Morality is human opinion and little more - and not something set in stone.

Quote:
he never knew that it was a break so that SHE could sleep with a random guy twice.
It wasnt. That was an event that occoured during the break - but it was not a motivation of the break itself.

Quote:
The op obviously lacks morals.
Having a different moral opinion does not make yuo "lack" morals. That is just an unwarranted attack on the OP.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:14 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,154,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
There's no false equivalency as I'm using the logic that it is manipulation to withhold one knows will likely affect another's decision. I'm quite unsure if you know what that word means.

Why is only what he did when they were on break her right to know/what she deserves to know? Why is it only manipulation when he withholds it when they are on break when irrelevant of the time the act is something that will most likely affect her decision to be with him?

The manipulation is the fact that she asked for a "break" but not for what she was intending it to be. She used it as a way to go have sex twice with some random guy. That is "manipulation" for lack of a better word.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:15 AM

339 posts, read 380,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post

If you can't see the difference between things that happened before they knew each other and things that happened since last month, there's really not much I can do for you. Sorry.

Again, it's a thread like this that makes me glad I don't date. Some of you women are completely without a shred of human decency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships