Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 03:34 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,545,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I wasn't parked far away. There are just several sides of the restaurant where you can park, and I was parked on a different side than he was. I picked a less crowded side, so there weren't many cars back there. I wouldn't have felt uncomfortable with him walking me to my car because I didn't get a bad vibe from him, and I've met lots of guys from online and I've never had a bad experience with anyone walking me to my car.
If you ever do, or someone you know does, you will very likely change your mind.

Now you say you were parked in a parking lot? Why on earth WOULD you need a man to walk you through a parking lot? You also said no. So why are you annoyed? I am sorry, but I am with the others here who say this does not make sense. If you tell a man "no thank you" then don't get angry when he respects you enough to listen to you!

Old 01-09-2017, 03:43 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,637,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seija View Post
If you ever do, or someone you know does, you will very likely change your mind.

Now you say you were parked in a parking lot? Why on earth WOULD you need a man to walk you through a parking lot?
I don't NEED him to. It just would've been nice.

Quote:
You also said no. So why are you annoyed? I am sorry, but I am with the others here who say this does not make sense. If you tell a man "no thank you" then don't get angry when he respects you enough to listen to you!
I didn't reject his offer to walk me to my car because he never made that specific offer. Also, I never said that I was "annoyed." I just mentioned in my original post that he didn't walk me to my car because...he didn't!

Old 01-09-2017, 03:56 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,041,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Seriously...how obtuse (or disingenuous) can you be? If it's been a good date then the guy seeing you off to your car may be the closest thing to a kiss at your door! The "courtesy" is a pretense of him seeing to your safety - so usually a chivalrous bit of fluff that makes most people feel warm and fuzzy and rarely is it predominantly about safety. But if you're meeting at a restaurant, are you going to say your goodbyes in the lobby and kiss THERE? Or do you want a slightly more extended and private opportunity at her car? Nothing is guaranteed but it provides an opportunity if the mood is right for both.

Exactly this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I thought it was funny because we have so many guys here who gripe about paying for dates. Your date is probably their new role model.
God I hope not. It screams tacky.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:43 PM

636 posts, read 393,578 times
Quote:
I don't NEED him to. It just would've been nice.
Then you shouldn't have told him no

Quote:
I didn't reject his offer to walk me to my car because he never made that specific offer.

He didn't read your specific mind and know you wanted him to walk you to your car without him needing to ask.
You didn't read his mind in knowing that your rejection of his offer to help you on the sidewalk might have made him think that you didn't want him to walk you to his car.

You guys are
either perfect for each other
terrible for each other
or
something in between

Old 01-09-2017, 05:51 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,637,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOfMs View Post

He didn't read your specific mind and know you wanted him to walk you to your car without him needing to ask.
You didn't read his mind in knowing that your rejection of his offer to help you on the sidewalk might have made him think that you didn't want him to walk you to his car.

You guys are
terrible for each other
or
something in between
What's done is done. I'm not going to worry about what I said or didn't say. I feel like he did what he wanted to do.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:52 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,320,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seija View Post

Now you say you were parked in a parking lot? Why on earth WOULD you need a man to walk you through a parking lot? You also said no. So why are you annoyed? I am sorry, but I am with the others here who say this does not make sense. If you tell a man "no thank you" then don't get angry when he respects you enough to listen to you!
This is where I really don't understand women at all. They will tell a man they can do something themselves or say no when a man offers to help them and then get mad when he listens and backs off. If a woman tells me no then she can't get mad when I don't do something.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:57 PM

636 posts, read 393,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
If a woman tells me no then she can't get mad when I don't do something.
People can do whatever they want.

Ask for separate checks.
Tell someone they don't want them to do something, and then find it strange that they don't do it.

People are crazy.

Which makes communication pretty important.

Quote:
I feel like he did what he wanted to do.
Back to reading his mind?

I guess I'm lucky.
I've managed to avoid dating people as crazy as y'all in here.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:08 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,320,635 times
Quote:
People can do whatever they want.

Ask for separate checks.
Tell someone they don't want them to do something, and then find it strange that they don't do it.

People are crazy.

Which makes communication pretty important.

Back to reading his mind?

I guess I'm lucky.
I've managed to avoid dating people as crazy as y'all in here.
Women while I love them sometimes I just don't understand them. I am a man who takes everything at face value and if a woman tells me no on anything then I'm going to respect that. But then I see some of the things women post on here and it's like damn you can't win either way

Old 01-09-2017, 06:15 PM

971 posts, read 691,173 times
Guy should have asked you up front before you ate if that was okay. He doesn't sound like a dating newbie. When I did the OLD thing I bought a lot of meals tilI i wised up. There are a lot of women out there dating just for free meals. I actually had several admit it.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:21 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,647,046 times
Quote:

You guys are
terrible for each other
or
something in between
LMAO. With that forecast you hit 100% of the population. Congrats you're a genius
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships