Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 07:24 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,637,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
Guy should have asked you up front before you ate if that was okay. He doesn't sound like a dating newbie. When I did the OLD thing I bought a lot of meals tilI i wised up. There are a lot of women out there dating just for free meals. I actually had several admit it.
True. I had a girl also that clearly was just taking advantage of this sorry sucker of a lonely loser offering to take a girl out to eat. She ordered two entrees. LMAO.

I thought it was odd, but decided not to say anything, except realizing quick that there is only one interest which is getting a free meal.

Check please and two boxes for the lady please. Never talked to her again. Didn't help she had a reeking smell radiating from her.

Thank you OkCupid. One of many nightmares lol. I guess it gives me something to laugh about. Not the greatest for the love life.

Keep the first date to coffee.

That's ok. I'm currently sexting a hot little 19 year old girl that has a fetish for older dudes. Win some you lose some.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:53 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,531,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelee81 View Post
lmao. With that forecast you hit 100% of the population. Congrats you're a genius :d
😂😂😂😂

Old 01-09-2017, 08:22 PM

332 posts, read 294,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
True. I had a girl also that clearly was just taking advantage of this sorry sucker of a lonely loser offering to take a girl out to eat. She ordered two entrees. LMAO.

I thought it was odd, but decided not to say anything, except realizing quick that there is only one interest which is getting a free meal.

Check please and two boxes for the lady please. Never talked to her again. Didn't help she had a reeking smell radiating from her.

Thank you OkCupid. One of many nightmares lol. I guess it gives me something to laugh about. Not the greatest for the love life.

Keep the first date to coffee.

That's ok. I'm currently sexting a hot little 19 year old girl that has a fetish for older dudes. Win some you lose some.
Lmao this was sad to read but it made me laugh. What kind of women do you all go on dates with that they use you for free meals so shamelessly? Like seriously? Lol.

Old 01-10-2017, 09:59 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,419,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
for the men who worry about this kind of thing, it gives them another option of how to potentially approach the situation of splitting the bill.
In other words, guys, you are always on the hook. Even when she says you aren't.

And no matter what you offer, she'll say no but then come here and complain about you not reading her mind.

/thread

Old 01-10-2017, 10:04 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
In other words, guys, you are always on the hook. Even when she says you aren't.

/thread
Don't put words in my mouth, please.

Old 01-10-2017, 10:16 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
And no matter what you offer, she'll say no but then come here and complain about you not reading her mind.
So I'm the only one who complains on here? Instead of worrying about what I'm doing, why don't you focus on taking care of the problems in your own home which you've complained thoroughly about?

Old 01-10-2017, 10:22 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,239,928 times
I'm an older woman and I actually feel bad for men. They have to make a cash investment on what could be a horrible date or a woman who wants a free night out. In the old days, men worked and most women didn't. If the woman worked, odds were she made a lot less. The man paying made sense back then.

Maybe I have a different perspective because I raised boys, and saw 1st hand how they were used. One son was asked to the prom, he paid for everything even a limo, and that brat spent the evening with a ex boyfriend. I watched my boys work hard and spend what they made on girls, and saw the girls spend what they made on themselves.

Its nice to just believe a gentleman should pay, but I don't think its realistic now days or fair. It's also a case by case situation. If the man makes a ton and the woman doesn't, different story. Neither should eat Ramen noodles for a week, so they can go on a date. After reading this thread, I now believe a new couple should go dutch and it should be discussed before they go out. Take turns until you see where the relationship is going.

I've seen enough young men spend what they could afford on showing a female a good time, and the female spending her money on clothes and expensive bags. My sons friend had a girl that practiced this and I asked her about it. She told me its fair because she spent her money looking good for him. He was also the poor kid who couldn't afford tickets to a concert he tried to save up for. His girl paid her own way and went with friends.

Old 01-10-2017, 10:23 AM

3,143 posts, read 2,660,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natiam View Post
Lmao this was sad to read but it made me laugh. What kind of women do you all go on dates with that they use you for free meals so shamelessly? Like seriously? Lol.

I had women admit to me the same thing-that theyre on a date because of the free meal. They're on the phones texting me while they're on the date. It's no wonder they're still single....

Old 01-10-2017, 10:23 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,766,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
Guy should have asked you up front before you ate if that was okay. He doesn't sound like a dating newbie. When I did the OLD thing I bought a lot of meals tilI i wised up. There are a lot of women out there dating just for free meals. I actually had several admit it.
You must meet a lot of low class people.

Old 01-10-2017, 10:27 AM

602 posts, read 396,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
I'm an older woman and I actually feel bad for men. They have to make a cash investment on what could be a horrible date or a woman who wants a free night out. In the old days, men worked and most women didn't. If the woman worked, odds were she made a lot less. The man paying made sense back then.

Maybe I have a different perspective because I raised boys, and saw 1st hand how they were used. One son was asked to the prom, he paid for everything even a limo, and that brat spent the evening with a ex boyfriend. I watched my boys work hard and spend what they made on girls, and saw the girls spend what they made on themselves.

Its nice to just believe a gentleman should pay, but I don't think its realistic now days or fair. It's also a case by case situation. If the man makes a ton and the woman doesn't, different story. Neither should eat Ramen noodles for a week, so they can go on a date. After reading this thread, I now believe a new couple should go dutch and it should be discussed before they go out. Take turns until you see where the relationship is going.

I've seen enough young men spend what they could afford on showing a female a good time, and the female spending her money on clothes and expensive bags. My sons friend had a girl that practiced this and I asked her about it. She told me its fair because she spent her money looking good for him. He was also the poor kid who couldn't afford tickets to a concert he tried to save up for. His girl paid her own way and went with friends.
because men never do anything crappy like try to get into your pants from day one and then drop you if you aren't fast enough... or lie about their intentions... or plan a date with you and then ghost you when the day comes... or play endless text/mind games... Nope, they sure don't.

How about this: ALL people can be crappy. One gender doesn't have the market cornered on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships