Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2017, 02:04 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I don't think I need to show that I can provide until I can read the woman and feel her intentions are pure. I don't think I need to show it on the first date. If all she is concerned is finding a provider she needs to find a sugar daddy that just cares about her appearance not me who cares about her personality, character, and attitude on life.
I agree. It's no different than a woman (or a man) who withholds anything sexual until they can safely assume or make sure the man's intentions seem to be good and aligned with theirs.

And to take what you said and flip it to further make my (and our) point:

If all he is concerned is finding some booty he needs to find a fwb/prostitute that just cares about his "little guy" not me who cares about his personality, character, and attitude on life.

Old 01-10-2017, 02:09 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

Not sure why this response is necessary. And it's a response I see frequently.

Did I miss the announcement that you have to have a 9,7 or even a 6 figure income to be concerned about potentially being conned out of your cash? Sure, some guys may take it too far, but to think someone can't be used for their income, because they aren't wealthy is pretty foolish.
The response is necessary because far too many guys worried about being used for their money. What, you worried that she might eek out an extra Chalupa out of you at Taco Bell? LOL, that's what I'm talking about, just how much stuff can a woman finagle out of a guy making 30k a year? Other than a few drinks or a few cheap meals. Most guys will catch on pretty quickly if a chick isn't into them fairly quickly and dispense with her. I'm 47 years old and only one time in my life did I ever meet a woman that you could tell right off the bat was a gold digger. That's saying something as far as I'm concerned. Most decent women aren't looking to screw guys over, same goes the other way, most decent men don't have all of this hidden agendas and all.

I say a lot of things on this forum but you're probably the first person to ever say to me that what I said was "foolish"

Old 01-10-2017, 02:14 PM

602 posts, read 396,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geminigirl7 View Post
Why even bother dating if you just assume every woman is a gold digger? Are you a billionaire? Are there so many women after your money? On behalf of all women everywhere, sorry you've been burned but your not that special, no one is out to get you.

Maybe you can meet your next date for a glass of water in the parking lot of the restaurant and see how that goes.
or fill up on the free breadsticks at Olive Garden.

Old 01-10-2017, 02:17 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
It's not about finding a provider but if financial stability didn't matter at all, a lot more of us would date really nice people with no jobs and no money.
In DC, it is a career focused area. I would think that once I told a woman what I did for a living, the financial stability would go without saying. It's not like I work for Burger King.

Old 01-10-2017, 02:18 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,456,933 times
Taking advantage only requires an advantage to be obtainable.

In saying or "why are people worried about the little they have being taken from them?" it's implying what they have isn't worth anything to them or anyone else.

That's why it seems foolish to start comparing things in the way that was being chose to do it.

It's setting up a false scenerio that unless "the greater good in the world" has deemed it worthy that it is not.

Old 01-10-2017, 02:24 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The response is necessary because far too many guys worried about being used for their money. What, you worried that she might eek out an extra Chalupa out of you at Taco Bell? LOL, that's what I'm talking about, just how much stuff can a woman finagle out of a guy making 30k a year? Other than a few drinks or a few cheap meals. Most guys will catch on pretty quickly if a chick isn't into them fairly quickly and dispense with her. I'm 47 years old and only one time in my life did I ever meet a woman that you could tell right off the bat was a gold digger. That's saying something as far as I'm concerned. Most decent women aren't looking to screw guys over, same goes the other way, most decent men don't have all of this hidden agendas and all.

I say a lot of things on this forum but you're probably the first person to ever say to me that what I said was "foolish"
Again, what difference is to you that someone is concerned or just as concerned about their money than someone who is wealthy?

Didn't think it was difficult to understand, but it doesn't have as much as to how much as much as it is about the intent. Doesn't matter if it's getting worked over for a new BMW or a $6 meal at Chick-Fil-A, it's about the intent. It's all relative.

I just don't understand why people like to dictate things about other people's lives.

Old 01-10-2017, 02:34 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Again, what difference is to you that someone is concerned or just as concerned about their money than someone who is wealthy?

Didn't think it was difficult to understand, but it doesn't have as much as to how much as much as it is about the intent. Doesn't matter if it's getting worked over for a new BMW or a $6 meal at Chick-Fil-A, it's about the intent. It's all relative.

I just don't understand why people like to dictate things about other people's lives.
I'll give you the part about intent. My only point is is that I don't think it's as rampant as some of the guys here act like.

I personally wasn't dictating anything about anyone's lifestyle or views, I merely think when you've stomped around the planet 25 plus years longer than others you can sorta see the world with a bit more clarity is my only point. I don't think gold digging is all that common, does it exist, sure, I'm sure there's some people out there looking to take advantage of others, that is no lie.

Normal average everyday people?? I just haven't seen it enough to say it's an epidemic like some here tend to act like.

Old 01-10-2017, 02:38 PM

251 posts, read 188,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
First of all it's spelled *you're* learn to spell before you try to insult me. I have been burned before and will take measures to ensure it doesn't happen again even if it means I never meet another woman which is fine it's not like I need a woman to complete me. It works out in the end.
You got me, I made a simple spelling error, do you feel better about yourself? I'm human, big deal. Lighten up, it's just the internet. I went back and fixed the mistake since it seems to bother people so much. Good grief, I have real problems! Enjoy your water, alone.

Old 01-10-2017, 02:39 PM

247 posts, read 198,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I'm not saying this to be mean or gold-diggery, but if you know that women generally like men who can provide and you become a man who can provide, why wouldn't you want to show her that? It doesn't mean that she can't also like you for you, but why do you think she would pick you over someone else who she likes who shows her that he can also provide for her? That doesn't mean you need to spend a ton of money on dates but why be cheap just to see if someone "likes you for you?" You (and other men) don't just like women for who they are either, so why do women need to just like you for you?
I agree... Paying isn't mandatory but it will help you stand out and leave a positive impression to go with the rest of the date (assuming the date went well). If I have been asked out for drinks or dinner, I will assume that they are able and willing to pay. It is that simple. If we had decided on a plan together then I will be expecting to possibly split the bill. It just seems like such a small 'sacrifice' that can make such a positive impact. Sometimes you wear the low-cut top to impress, sometimes you pay for the meal to impress lol. (kidding)

Old 01-10-2017, 02:41 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Having a nice financial buffer feels better than driving a high end expensive car or buying every single latest and greatest gadget or whatever your poison may be.

This x10000.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships