Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2017, 12:33 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You refuse to let the opposite sex get one over on you, but what? Same gender using you is okay?

What a weird trait to differentiate by sex.
I'm generally distrustful of anyone I do not know. Man or woman.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:36 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I'm generally distrustful of anyone I do not know. Man or woman.

Yeah, but you complain about only one gender on behavior that should be unacceptable from both genders.

Wasn't sure if you were aware of that.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-10-2017, 12:40 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yeah, but you complain about only one gender on behavior that should be unacceptable from both genders.

Wasn't sure if you were aware of that.
Did I? Whoops sorry about that. Men can be just as bad I didn't mean to show bias.

Old 01-10-2017, 01:05 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,275,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Again I say, with a little cleverness and creativity, a man doesn't have to spend a lot on a first meeting to feel a woman out. Coffee dates, walks in the park, or street festivals are ideal first meetings that don't cost much. Women I've found are pretty receptive to those date ideas. There is not reason in 2016 to do a dinner date as a first date, with a good woman.
I think this depends on your income level. If you're a 5%er, what's the big deal with a dinner date if you want to go out to dinner? It's not like $50 to $100 for a casual dinner particularly matters if $10K/month is landing in your checking account as direct deposit. If you have a $10/hour service sector job? Sure. Stick to the $5.00 coffee date or the free activity. There is no universal rule.

Old 01-10-2017, 01:12 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I think this depends on your income level. If you're a 5%er, what's the big deal with a dinner date if you want to go out to dinner? It's not like $50 to $100 for a casual dinner particularly matters if $10K/month is landing in your checking account as direct deposit. If you have a $10/hour service sector job? Sure. Stick to the $5.00 coffee date or the free activity. There is no universal rule.
I've heard it many times, the people who stay rich don't display that they are rich. If I was super rich, I'd probably still be reluctant to spend much on initial dates. That way I know a woman wants me for me and not what I can provide for her. I just think when you first meet someone, keeping the expenses to a minimum is a good idea to make sure money does not bring an unhealthy dynamic to the relationship and you make sure someone is interested in you if you can't give them the world.

Old 01-10-2017, 01:25 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,455,752 times
To be fair I don't think a lot of the girls who "use" men are seeing it or viewing it in that way.

it works itself out in the end.

Old 01-10-2017, 01:26 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
To be fair I don't think a lot of the girls who "use" men are seeing it or viewing it in that way.

it works itself out in the end.
How do they see it? He is paying for the pleasure of their company?

Old 01-10-2017, 01:30 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,455,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
How do they see it? He is paying for the pleasure of their company?
Various reasons.

I would say the easiest to reason with is "tradition" and ingrained bias towards what we may know and think as being "proper"

I think the majority have never really questioned it. Why question what you benefit from if that is what works for you?

If it's working, it's working.
No attention is required or needed to rectify it.

Its not a man or woman "thing" it's human behavior

Old 01-10-2017, 01:31 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I've heard it many times, the people who stay rich don't display that they are rich. If I was super rich, I'd probably still be reluctant to spend much on initial dates. That way I know a woman wants me for me and not what I can provide for her. I just think when you first meet someone, keeping the expenses to a minimum is a good idea to make sure money does not bring an unhealthy dynamic to the relationship and you make sure someone is interested in you if you can't give them the world.
I'm not saying this to be mean or gold-diggery, but if you know that women generally like men who can provide and you become a man who can provide, why wouldn't you want to show her that? It doesn't mean that she can't also like you for you, but why do you think she would pick you over someone else who she likes who shows her that he can also provide for her? That doesn't mean you need to spend a ton of money on dates but why be cheap just to see if someone "likes you for you?" You (and other men) don't just like women for who they are either, so why do women need to just like you for you?

Old 01-10-2017, 01:33 PM

163 posts, read 138,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Sometimes those hair/nail appointments run longer than expected, but it sounds like she kept you informed and hopefully she apologized to you for her lateness. But no, you're not a "sucker" just because you asked out a woman and paid for the date.
It also sounds like she was making an attempt to look good for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships