Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2017, 05:17 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natiam View Post
Some of the men on here are cheapskates Lol. If shelling out $20 is that big of a deal to you on a first date (especially if you're the one initiating the date), it looks like you need more than just dating advice. Try the career forum.
Of course, it wouldn't be a big deal to a woman, they're typically not the ones forced to pay.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:18 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,531,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I may disagree with some of the women (and men) on this forum sometimes but I am completely against violence against women. The men including the one you named who do that stuff are scum to me.
Never agreed more with you mate

Old 01-10-2017, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOfMs View Post
Why doesn't that work both ways?
Gasp, you are making sense! Stop that.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Technically, picking smart over class isn't very smart. Mainly because people can be both at the same time.

You have come a long way Diss, and hopefully, you will continue to grow.

How many women do you think are out to get a date with you to score a free burger? Knocking down your door?

Learn to have fun, no matter what the money.
None, but I'm not going to waste money on a woman when I know damn well I never want to see her again after the date.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:21 PM

251 posts, read 188,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I didn't say anything regarding the frequency of it. I'm commenting on it being such an absurd concept to believe. And when someone says they shouldn't worry about it, because what they have (or don't have) isn't worth taking, that's dictating.

Either way, it's all relative to the individual and their experiences.

You tell him to lighten up after your snippy, rude post? You know, "you aren't that special"?

Boy, that's funny.
It wasn't meant to be rude. I didn't mean he wasn't special as a person I meant he wasn't a billionaire rock star (I assume he's not) and gold digging women aren't waiting in the wings to take advantage of him. I can see why a professional athlete or a big name actor might think women are after them for their money but I really don't think the average guy has tons of women trying to use them for a free meal.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:24 PM

636 posts, read 392,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geminigirl7 View Post
It wasn't meant to be rude. I didn't mean he wasn't special as a person I meant he wasn't a billionaire rock star (I assume he's not) and gold digging women aren't waiting in the wings to take advantage of him. I can see why a professional athlete or a big name actor might think women are after them for their money but I really don't think the average guy has tons of women trying to use them for a free meal.
Do you think there are women who would go out with an average man if he paid for dinner, that they wouldn't go out with if he didn't?

Old 01-10-2017, 05:25 PM

332 posts, read 294,712 times
Quote:
Why doesn't that work both ways?

Because I'm willing to bet majority of these guys are asking the girl out on the date in the first place. I have no problems taking turns paying when it comes to dates, but to act petty and be so calculative is just a turn off to me. Some of you guys act as if the girl has to earn the meal. Jesus lol

Old 01-10-2017, 05:26 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geminigirl7 View Post
It was perfectly clear what you meant.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:28 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times
Quote:
Do you think there are women who would go out with an average man if he paid for dinner, that they wouldn't go out with if he didn't?
So what if they would? That still doesn't make them gold diggers.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:29 PM

636 posts, read 392,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natiam View Post
Because I'm willing to bet majority of these guys are asking the girl out on the date in the first place.
I'd imagine this is part of the reason that many guys complain.
They're expected to put themselves out first emotionally (by facing a possible rejection) and then financially (even if it's only $20).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships