Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 10:20 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I suggest studly!
All in favor???

I like studly men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 10:21 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I agree, and I'm not saying he is. But I'd never thought of myself as a cougar either, until a young waiter used that term to my face several months ago.

Our perception of our selves sometimes has to catch up to that of others. Perhaps he is lobbying for an alternate term to "creepy."

I personally hate that term, when I was single I got that a lot. To me, a cougar is someone who goes AFTER younger men, which I never did.

I picture a chain smoking, leopard print wearing barfly. LOL

Most people mean it as a compliment thought!!!

(Self perception is a weird thing. I have heard other's thoughts and thought "really?!!!!". Nothing mean. Just wouldn't have been one of the first things I listed about myself.)
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-31-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I personally hate that term, when I was single I got that a lot. To me, a cougar is someone who goes AFTER younger men, which I never did.

That's definitely the stereotype! Well, I don't chain smoke, but I do love me some leopard print!!

Maybe that was what makde him say it, and not my smokin' hot bod LOL.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:28 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
That's definitely the stereotype! Well, I don't chain smoke, but I do love me some leopard print!!

Maybe that was what makde him say it, and not my smokin' hot bod LOL.

I going to doubt the print, and place a bet on your bod!!!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-31-2017, 10:29 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Leopard outer and tiger under?

Old 01-31-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Leopard outer and tiger under?

That's for me to know and you to wonder about

Either way, there's a reason Rhett Butler was the hero of Gone With the Wind: his experience and knowledge made him a much better catch than Ashley Wilkes, even though it took Scarlett too long to figure that out.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:33 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Most people mean it as a compliment thought!!!
There's a difference between going after one and accepting one, or just naturally ending up with one due to common interests or mutual attraction.

I love my leopard purse and shoes! But leopard print, yes, like Peg Bundy. Ha! Or one of those late night cougar-life commercials, where the older lady is sliding around in bed in a negligee talking on the phone to young men, just ready to POUNCE! It's almost as bad as milf.

I'll agree to "studly" for the older men though, I don't think Homina is the least bit creepy. It makes me sad to think that nice, normal guys like him see things this way.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:35 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
There's a difference between going after one and accepting one, or just naturally ending up with one due to common interests or mutual attraction.

I love my leopard purse and shoes! But leopard print, yes, like Peg Bundy. Ha! Or one of those late night cougar-life commercials, where the older lady is sliding around in bed in a negligee talking on the phone to young men, just ready to POUNCE! It's almost as bad as milf.

I'll agree to "studly" for the older men though, I don't think Homina is the least bit creepy. It makes me sad to think that nice, normal guys like him see things this way.
Oh man, Peg Bundy. Haha.

No further comment.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:54 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,956 times
Quote:
I suggest studly!
OK, now we've made some real progress. Studly it is. I am. Anyway.....

Old 01-31-2017, 11:08 AM

676 posts, read 528,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Me too. Whenever I hear or see the term "old cougar". It's kinda creepy, makes me feel like I better not think about sex or I'm a pervert or a joke or .... I wonder what kind of animal I can compare an older man to, who's still interested in sex. Hyena? Wolverine? "Oh you old pine marten." That's my favorite, they kind of jump around and surprise me with how much energy they have.
How about naked mole rat? Sorry ..... this is the last place I should be joking about old men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships