Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2018, 09:17 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
My take away was that, if they so quickly jumped into bed with me, how many other men had they done the same with. I started to feel mislead by them as, like I stated earlier, they held themselves out to be something different. The one woman who lives closer to me was much more honest in how she portrayed herself.
Perhaps they felt you misled them into believing there was more of a connection than there was?

Or maybe they figured you were the best they could get since nobody closer than flying distance would sleep with them? But they figured for whatever reason that maybe you were about their level and they honestly felt based on that, that there was something to build on?

Why do YOU think some woman would travel miles for cold and apparently not very good sex? Because she has options?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 09:18 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
My take away was that, if they so quickly jumped into bed with me, how many other men had they done the same with. I started to feel mislead by them as, like I stated earlier, they held themselves out to be something different. The one woman who lives closer to me was much more honest in how she portrayed herself.
Wow, the hypocrisy here is just ... mind-blowing.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:21 PM
RJ_ RJ_ started this thread

743 posts, read 392,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdreams2013 View Post

In other words: I was hurt in the past so now I'm projecting my pain, anguish, & frustration onto the entire dating world yet I'll continue to mingle because dying alone be scary yo.
I read her article a couple of times and I didn't pick up any sort of pain from her, it was most certainly frustration. I'm not sure why people in this thread so quickly discount the author as a young, dumb girl who doesn't know anything. I think her insight was quite poignant. And I'm not someone who tends to read missives from young women.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:22 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
Quote:
I suppose we'd have to develop some sort of statistical framework to determine certain variables such as; x(sum total of incompatible people in the world) and y(sum total of compatible people in the world) then subtract those who are not actively dating. Then you could establish the odds of encountering a compatible person. I would imagine the odds are not favorable for most demographics.
Annnnndddd....

Another reason why you keep failing....

Human beings are not equations or logarithms that need to be solved.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:23 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,356,368 times
Quote:

What about you? What, did it diminish their worth in your eyes? How many women would want you when you're doing the same thing. It seems to me you want in a partner what you yourself are not able or willing to offer. One-sided and sexist.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:24 PM

Quote:
I read her article a couple of times and I didn't pick up any sort of pain from her, it was most certainly frustration. I'm not sure why people in this thread so quickly discount the author as a young, dumb girl who doesn't know anything. I think her insight was quite poignant. And I'm not someone who tends to read missives from young women.
Not dumb. But young and inexperienced as regards grown-up things. Young and emo, as is trendy, not dumb.

By 30 she'll be writing different stuff. Mining different dramatic prose to get her blog read. As writers must in a competitive blogosphere.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
Ok I'm just gonna stop you there, if YOU jumped right in the sack with her.... how many other women have you done this with? Hypocrite right here.
And who is it to say you weren't her recent since the last guy about 3 yrs ago or something like that?

And why is it ok for you to be a sex fiend but not her?
You say you are old fashioned but in reality you aren't either.

So if you want wholesome women you have have to be a wholesome man yourself.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post

So if you want wholesome women you have have to be a wholesome man yourself.
This is what I've been saying! +1 If you want high-quality people, be a catch yourself. OP is reeling in his "type," people at about his level. Most of us do, somehow or other, even if subconsciously. We get what we put out except in a few either very lucky or very unlucky cases. When it's a repeat thing it's less likely to be luck.

Be someone awesome women want, OP, and you'll get awesome women. If not you're getting these women who feel very connected to you because you're similar.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:32 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
Quote:
And here we go:

if you sleep witn me early you are a ho, but I am not gonna refrain if sex is available.

There is no winning at all.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:33 PM
RJ_ RJ_ started this thread

743 posts, read 392,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
What, did it diminish their worth in your eyes?
Not at all. I just felt misled, that's all.

Quote:
How many women would want you when you're doing the same thing.
I don't know. I guess I'll find out as I'm not someone who hides my past from people. If a woman wants to know when my last sexual encounter was, I'll tell her.

Quote:
It seems to me you want in a partner what you yourself are not able or willing to offer.
Perhaps. I haven't yet decided how I'm going to continue to approach this whole dating thing from here forward. At this point I'm wondering if a satisfactory long term relationship is even possible. Time will tell. I haven't completely given up yet though. I still have a lot of exploring to do to figure out how best to navigate the dating landscape. My ultimate goal remains the same though; to find a viable long term partner to share life with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships