Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 11:16 PM

409 posts, read 497,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
live on campus. dorm rooms. And a part time job. A man that is 21+ should be independent and living on his own. That's why there are so many guys out there right now who don't even have basic things like an apartment, car, or job. Can't even afford to buy a box of condoms if they want to get laid.
My college is a commuter school in the middle of Manhattan. Dorms are 1000 a f-king month. It just makes no sense for me to dorm when I could just help out around the house and work my part-time job to save money. Tell me, whats so great about living on campus? I get a smaller room that's arguably less secure, and will have to spend 90% of my income on dorming since I don't get any Financial Aid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 11:20 PM

541 posts, read 941,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautifulbrwnbabydoll View Post
I have been trying to set my good friend up with a guy that I know. He is a really nice guy, He is good looking with a terrific body, he does not have children, he does not do drugs, and he has a job and college experience. The only thing is that right now he lives with his mom. He moved in with his mom to save some money and he is working towards moving out.

So I told her all of this, and she said it was o.k. for him to call her, and he called her the day before yesterday. When I talked to her about him today, I asked her was she going to call him back, and she said she was, but I could tell in her voice that she really didn't want to. To make a long story short, I asked her why she didn't want to call him, and she said that it's cause he lives with his mom...and basically he is beneath her.

I was really upset with her about this, and i wonder how many women think like this! If it were me and I saw that they guy had goals and was working toward something I would give him a shot. She won't even give the guy the time of day based on one temporary situation. IMO, it's a shame and I am starting to feel sorry for some of the guys out here that can't even get a chance to be with someone unless they are totally perfect. She is a total B#$%h!!

I would not be bothered if he lived with his mom.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:22 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,322,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicCoward View Post
My college is a commuter school in the middle of Manhattan. Dorms are 1000 a f-king month. It just makes no sense for me to dorm when I could just help out around the house and work my part-time job to save money. Tell me, whats so great about living on campus? I get a smaller room that's arguably less secure, and will have to spend 90% of my income on dorming since I don't get any Financial Aid.
lol exactly.. not like dudes in college are paying for dorms out of their own pockets, their parents are paying for it 9 times out of 10. and even then he's probably roommates with some other dude and you can GUARANTEE that dorm room is gona freakin REAK.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:22 PM

943 posts, read 1,844,131 times
lot of guys live with a parent or parents same with females do to the ruff economy..

Old 05-17-2012, 11:28 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,322,556 times
i'm probably gona move back home when i go to grad school. i'm making a good living now but once that tuition bill starts comin in, its not gona be pretty paying 1400 a month on rent (average for where i live) + car note + cable/phone/internet/insurance bills PLUS tuition and fees. i couldnt care what some broad thinks of it either she's not paying for any of it. omg u should live on ur own and rent a 500 sq foot apartment for 1400 a month excluding utilities so u can impress me. womp womp

i also know plenty of dudes who had to move back home. full time jobs too not some leeches that are just hanging out at home doing nothing. Living in California is ridiculously expensive, its not lke living in some irrelevant town in wyoming where rent is 200 a month.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:49 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,208,453 times
Quote:
live on campus. dorm rooms. And a part time job. A man that is 21+ should be independent and living on his own. That's why there are so many guys out there right now who don't even have basic things like an apartment, car, or job. Can't even afford to buy a box of condoms if they want to get laid.

This is why you are single and always complain about not meeting anyone.

Everyone's situation is different and it is smart for a guy to live @ home while in college. He forgoes debt accumulation and saves funds which would be a nice kickstart towards life after college.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:52 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,299,494 times
Quote:
No, I wouldn't. I happen to think guys should move out much sooner than women. By 20-21 years old they should be living on their own. A lot of the men on here are selling some good stories, about how they make 6 figures yet still live at home. yeah sure ::rolls eyes:: I don't know any adult who has that much money who wouldn't want to live on their own and enjoy their freedom. Nobody wants to date a momma's boy
Oh you again, keep posting threads about why you cant find a date to save your life and all your friends are mean to you...cant fathom why

Old 05-18-2012, 07:23 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,871 times
I wouldnt judge someone only because they happen to live with their parents at the time, unless it seems like a permanent deal. At the same time, I wouldnt judge a woman that felt otherwise.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:29 AM

154 posts, read 155,813 times
What if his mom lives with him????

Old 05-18-2012, 08:06 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,959 times
If you date a guy who is a student living at home, don't get serious until he moves out his parents' home. The problem with a guy out of college, late twenties are older is that living with a doting mother skews his view of what a relationship with a future mate is supposed to be. He's got doting momma, right there, telling him what a catch he is and how he can't trust any woman except her. A man who's been fed that garbage several years is gonna be spoiled, entitled and impossible to get along with. As I said in an earlier post, it's a RED FLAG.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships