Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2016, 10:43 PM

91 posts, read 63,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
You and 500,000 other men "just moved here".

You've been here a few months and haven't men any women yet, but you think it will be the same as CA and NY....you have the shock of your life coming.
I'm not doubting that there's a massive imbalance here. What I'm saying is that there's a massive imbalance everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathansoma.com
Among 20- and 30-somethings, almost every single city in America has more single men than single women. Although no single woman in New York will believe it, I promise it's true.
Most places in the US suck for men. That's why women can be so picky and so nasty. It's also why women can't fathom the fact that men struggle despite there being absolutely nothing wrong with the men.

Old 09-18-2016, 10:49 PM

Here's a chart based on what I was talking about:

I didn't even realize that it was this bad. Kind of makes you question whether or not to even bother, eh?

Old 09-18-2016, 10:58 PM

511 posts, read 402,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armsman View Post
I didn't even realize that it was this bad
1% - 3% is bad? Factor in gay men, incarcerated men, and the fact that immigrants are disproportionately male and it's probably in line with M:F birth and mortality rates in that age group.

I mean, I suck and I know it, but I'm at least a 10%'er... LOL!

Old 09-18-2016, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Polymath View Post
1% - 3% is bad? Factor in gay men, incarcerated men, and the fact that immigrants are disproportionately male and it's probably in line with M:F birth and mortality rates in that age group.

I mean, I suck and I know it, but I'm at least a 10%'er... LOL!
Actually, that's a good point.

See, you're smarter than I am too. You should have no trouble find a woman.

Old 09-18-2016, 11:06 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,537 times
Here's a recent Match.com article worth perusing :

Best and Worst States for Singles:

Match.com - Find Singles with Match.com's Online Dating Personals Service

Hilarious quote from the article

Quote:
Thankfully, there are states where it’s raining single men!
Yeah, that's just what we needed

Last edited by wanderlust76; 09-18-2016 at 11:26 PM..

Old 09-19-2016, 12:51 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,694,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I said this exact same thing in another thread but it's not just a NY thing though it's like this in every decent sized city. Why any guy cares what white, educated, professional career women want is beyond me it's not like they have some sort of monopoly on beauty and charm or something. Men will just go and do their thing elsewhere. Lot's of great women of all races, education levels, backgrounds, and so on.

I'm sure the fancy pants corporate attorney that I have to deal with sometimes at my company has no interest in me because I make less money than her. Do I lose sleep over it hell no I'm thinking about how to approach this cute little hispanic gal that works at the GNC up the road.

Omg how did I miss this I'm dying here. Funny stuff. This gives a whole new meaning to the "I Heart NY" shirts.
In NYC, most of the white girls are looking for a well to do white guy. Except most of the well to do white guys are either gay or they are interested in girls of other races here. I find more gay white men seem to be be dating different races than white women. I have a buddy who is white, single and has a bachelor pad and he prefers Asian women 9 out of 10 times over White women so definitely makes it harder for white women to impress someone like him.

Old 09-19-2016, 02:06 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,039,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
In NYC, most of the white girls are looking for a well to do white guy. Except most of the well to do white guys are either gay or they are interested in girls of other races here. I find more gay white men seem to be be dating different races than white women. I have a buddy who is white, single and has a bachelor pad and he prefers Asian women 9 out of 10 times over White women so definitely makes it harder for white women to impress someone like him.
This is very true from my observation and Experience. Most of the white women in nyc are not from nyc. They are from other parts of the United States. I briefly dated a woman from Minnesota who moved to nyc and she is white. However she was done with the white guy phase of things and was opened to dating out. But yes most white women in nyc are looking for educated, career driven white men. White women in NYC have their game cut out for them and time is murdering them. Than you have white men who prefer Asian women, and then you have the swirling dating arena where professional black women are opting for white men. White men in NYC are cream of the crop, and plenty of white guys are not settling down any time soon because they are sought after by women of all races. I think I knew of a white woman who moved back to her small town to find a husband, vs living in NYC. And another white woman who moved to San Diego to find a husband and she was pushing 40. I also knew of a Seattle woman who moved to nyc. Poor woman. She fell for an ivy leaguer. She went to the gym to tone up and lookclook her best. She was noting more than a sex object. She eventually ended up moving back to the Northwest. Nyc will Jade plenty of white women who are from small town or suburbia, like wise for DC. If finding an affordable apartment is tough, try and find a husband. If your high profile job don't kill you. Your dating life will.

White women begin to diverge into two camps here in my city. Either not settling for less and being single, child less and continously having random one night stands. On the flip side, enjoying life, expanding their careers and so forth

Than you have white women who are willing to let go of nuances or bend some rules in favor of getting married. Examples he can be blue collar, but he has to have an education. He can be black, but he has to have an education. Or white and blue collar. Or a white guy that is creative type. Or he is educated but he lives in Staten Island or thr Bronx. But when white women reaches such phase in NYC, it is often to late. They are in their mid thirties.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 09-19-2016 at 02:37 AM..

Old 09-19-2016, 03:56 AM

1,510 posts, read 1,006,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
This is very true from my observation and Experience. Most of the white women in nyc are not from nyc. They are from other parts of the United States. I briefly dated a woman from Minnesota who moved to nyc and she is white. However she was done with the white guy phase of things and was opened to dating out. But yes most white women in nyc are looking for educated, career driven white men. White women in NYC have their game cut out for them and time is murdering them. Than you have white men who prefer Asian women, and then you have the swirling dating arena where professional black women are opting for white men. White men in NYC are cream of the crop, and plenty of white guys are not settling down any time soon because they are sought after by women of all races. I think I knew of a white woman who moved back to her small town to find a husband, vs living in NYC. And another white woman who moved to San Diego to find a husband and she was pushing 40. I also knew of a Seattle woman who moved to nyc. Poor woman. She fell for an ivy leaguer. She went to the gym to tone up and lookclook her best. She was noting more than a sex object. She eventually ended up moving back to the Northwest. Nyc will Jade plenty of white women who are from small town or suburbia, like wise for DC. If finding an affordable apartment is tough, try and find a husband. If your high profile job don't kill you. Your dating life will.

White women begin to diverge into two camps here in my city. Either not settling for less and being single, child less and continously having random one night stands. On the flip side, enjoying life, expanding their careers and so forth

Than you have white women who are willing to let go of nuances or bend some rules in favor of getting married. Examples he can be blue collar, but he has to have an education. He can be black, but he has to have an education. Or white and blue collar. Or a white guy that is creative type. Or he is educated but he lives in Staten Island or thr Bronx. But when white women reaches such phase in NYC, it is often to late. They are in their mid thirties.
Wow, you should be a sociologist . I can assure you I'm not white but if I wanted to play that game and be a cheating aXXhole my dating pool wouldn't be limited to my ethnic group. I'm speaking from experience of dating different races plus straying a few times from my current relationship.

It is true that be prefer dating/marrying people that look like them and who are in their same socioeconomic status/circle, but stop speaking about white women as if they are this monolith who will only settle for someone "less" if their white, prince charming man isn't available. This is NYC and while many people still have their hangups about interracial dating and miscegenation, you tend to see a lot of mixing amongst people of different races. Our generation tend to be more open about things like that.

Of course professional black women may have to go outside their race because there ain't too many of their peers to go around.

Stop hanging out around Union Square and Washington Square Park because those women don't represent NY women .

Old 09-19-2016, 05:29 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,039,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Wow, you should be a sociologist . I can assure you I'm not white but if I wanted to play that game and be a cheating aXXhole my dating pool wouldn't be limited to my ethnic group. I'm speaking from experience of dating different races plus straying a few times from my current relationship.

It is true that be prefer dating/marrying people that look like them and who are in their same socioeconomic status/circle, but stop speaking about white women as if they are this monolith who will only settle for someone "less" if their white, prince charming man isn't available. This is NYC and while many people still have their hangups about interracial dating and miscegenation, you tend to see a lot of mixing amongst people of different races. Our generation tend to be more open about things like that.

Of course professional black women may have to go outside their race because there ain't too many of their peers to go around.

Stop hanging out around Union Square and Washington Square Park because those women don't represent NY women .
Union square Park and Washington Square Park are a microcosm of San Francisco in NYC. It does not represent nyc.

Old 09-19-2016, 06:01 AM

511 posts, read 402,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Union square Park and Washington Square Park are a microcosm of San Francisco in NYC. It does not represent nyc.
She said NY... NYC doesn't represent NY women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.