Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2016, 08:36 PM

91 posts, read 63,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You say that daing in the US is extremely difficult. I don't doubt that most cities are hard for men under 35. However, do you have any examples from other countries to compare the USA to?
I do. I've lived in a few and spent long vacations in others. All countries have their issues for sure and it really depends on you.

In the US, as a man, you need a surprisingly high level of social skills (among other things) to succeed.

This is simply not true in many countries for a variety of reasons:

First, there's the obvious: you have money and they don't. You can provide a far better standard of living than they would have otherwise.

Second, there's the power dynamic. In the US, the individual woman has far more power than the individual man. In most third world countries, this is reversed and men have the power.

Third, in many third world countries, the gender disparity actually favors men: there are more women than men....and the men that are present are more likely to be either drunks and wife beaters. From what I've seen, even the nastiest men in the US will typically treat women better than the average man in a third world countries.

Fourth, we are a novelty. Did you ever notice that women in the US fall all over European men because of things like their accent. It's similar in many third world countries.

From my experience, you need to put very little effort in in these countries. This is in contrast to the US where you need to put in a lot of effort (at least at first).

The one benefit to the US is that there are very few places in the world where many women make more money than many men. Here, if you play your cards right, you could marry a woman that makes more money than you and then lock her in with marriage. If she divorces you (depending on your state), you can get a very long, possibly lifelong, check without any extra effort.

Old 09-19-2016, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
Is this a MGTOW thread?
Hardly. We are discussing different approaches and strategies when it comes to dating.

Old 09-19-2016, 08:54 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
In a lot of other countries there aren't as many men that want to date around and even if they do, the women won't put up with it. Women in the US have more options than women in other countries due to the hookup, casual dating, 4 time divorce, FWB culture. This is just one of many differences between a woman in the US and one in another country.

The dating/relationship culture in the US is 100 percent, absolute trash compared to other countries.

Italy has one of the lowest divorce rates in the world.

Hardly a third world country where women are treated horribly or something.

Old 09-19-2016, 08:59 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
In a lot of other countries there aren't as many men that want to date around and even if they do, the women won't put up with it. Women in the US have more options than women in other countries due to the hookup, casual dating, 4 time divorce, FWB culture. This is just one of many differences between a woman in the US and one in another country.

The dating culture in the US is absolute trash compared to other countries.
Unless you've spent extensive time in other countries dating women and documenting it how can you make such a statement.

I'm a facts and science guy, I don't buy blanket statements without merit. Unless you've got the numbers to back up such a statement it generally falls into the "anecdotal" column.

Broad brushes we work with here, apparently.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:15 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:

The dating/relationship culture in the US is 100 percent, absolute trash compared to other countries.

You haven't been to Scandinavia. They're way ahead of the US. My guess is you wouldn't like it.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:16 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
Is this a MGTOW thread?
No, whatever gave you that idea?

Old 09-19-2016, 09:30 PM

Quote:

I lived in Italy. I didn't find the dating culture to be a whole lot different from the US. There are countries that are like a different universe. Italy is not one of them.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:46 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armsman View Post
The good news is that there are still many places in the world where men can still live like kings and be treated as such.
Ah, I get it. You want to be worshipped simply because you have a penis. Have you done anything else worthy of royal treatment other than being born with genitals on the outside of your body?

Newsflash for you- there are men here in the US who do get treated like kings by their women. The difference between you and them is that they don't have the expectation that they will get this treatment simply on the basis of their "outie". They have earned the respect and admiration that they get. I know, novel concept.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:03 PM

594 posts, read 379,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No, whatever gave you that idea?
The sad sack, woe is me, it's all so unfair vibe I'm picking up.

It's called adapting. It's not always easy and it takes a bit a effort. Not like the special snowflake, here's happiness on a silver platter that millennials have been spoon fed.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:10 PM

594 posts, read 379,963 times
Parents around my neighborhood have a "My kid is a Fantastic Kid" bumper sticker on their cars. The funny thing is, every kid gets a Fantastic Kid certificate. Johnny got his because he helped clean up. Susie got hers because she was nice in class today. Hector got his because he didn't punch anyone.

High School? Same thing. State Track and Field competition. When I was in high school they gave medals to the top 3. Now, it's the top 7. "oh yeah, I medaled at State, I got sixth place." Can you believe how entitled this makes our youth.

And now. "omg, why don't I have a girlfriend. I deserve one, where is she. Why is it so hard to find one. You mean I actually have to try? I actually might have to put some effort into having the life I want? Where's my Fantastic Boyfriend certificate? I earned it."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships