Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2010, 05:34 PM

33 posts, read 134,257 times

Advertisements

Hey i hope i can maybe say a few things first of all your a brave beautiful woman to post that/I mean but that's not the real question the real question within yourself and your not really asking for a response to your question literally.What your really saying is hey look at me world im a beautiful single woman and i want companionship someone please make contact with me!Hopefully someone somewhere will wake up and smell the roses cause they smell fine from here and it would be very nice if someone asked you out cause you deserve it chow good luck!

Old 02-11-2010, 05:42 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,189,680 times
WOW. This thread blew up. How'd I miss this action.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:33 PM

160 posts, read 454,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
WOW. This thread blew up. How'd I miss this action.
It's been an unbelievable journey Ron! But one that has been quite valuable I must say. (from the Op)

Old 02-16-2010, 12:50 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,858,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
Because the chase is old and regulated to high-school and college aged horn dogs.
So true. If women of that age realized that most of these guys could best be described as "going nowhere fast" they might open up to other men. However, the guys who are best at playing the field are also the least likely to put the effort in for the long run and instead rely on their looks and "confidence" to finesse their way through life's little trials and tribulations. Its only later when they encounter much bigger problems that their true nature reveals itself.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango

I like to be pursued by guys. For me, it separates the guys who really want to get to know me from the guys who just want to get to know my naked body.

I wish some guys would realize that girls like it when they take control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Some Guys also pursue women who they just want to "see their naked body" as well. Men will put in work and feed women lines for sex.
What you need to say is that MT has it completely wrong and backwards. Guys who are looking for a successful LT relationship are far less forceful than the one night stand players. It amazes me how any woman doesn't understand that.

Guys who score a lot (and "love 'em and leave 'em) are not shrinking violets. Its a numbers game with little downside - for them.

In contrast, men whose intentions are honorable, do not tolerate well the rejection and games playing.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:47 AM

Quote:
We have to worry about whether a guy likes us or just our ass.

We have to worry about whether a guy is lying his butt off

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Mango Tango,

Of course a man who lies his butt off might want your ass.
Very true. The more a woman obsesses about this, the more likely she is to end up with exactly this type. She distrusts the honest guys, because what is genuine isn't rehearsed and believes the smooth BS that is. I've seen it again and again.

Of course, on the other hand, if he isn't constantly complimenting her too, it can also be strike 3. Its an extremely difficult balancing act for a guy with honorable intentions. Easy for players.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:13 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,683,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Quote:
We have to worry about whether a guy likes us or just our ass.

We have to worry about whether a guy is lying his butt off

Very true. The more a woman obsesses about this, the more likely she is to end up with exactly this type. She distrusts the honest guys, because what is genuine isn't rehearsed and believes the smooth BS that is. I've seen it again and again.

Of course, on the other hand, if he isn't constantly complimenting her too, it can also be strike 3. Its an extremely difficult balancing act for a guy with honorable intentions. Easy for players.
Women tend to get in this obsession about whether men want their body and are constantly looking for signals that might be the case. It's a fine line to walk as a man if you play the game cause you don't want to get revealed or busted that gasp you might want to have sex with them.

I don't play the game though, cause the truth is that men want to see women naked and do naked things with them. I think if women come around to that truth and understand that, they'll be much further down the road. Whether we hang in there for a couple of weeks or months flirting with you or whether we throw down the pick up moves in one night, doesn't matter we still will want to see you naked and sleep with you. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Is wanting to see a women naked and to do naked things with her dishonorable? That's been the agenda put across by the feminists, now disseminated through mass media like Cosmo. That type of thinking I believe is dangerous to our society. They are taking something normal(men wanting to have relations with women) and making it abnormal and perverted. And that probably explains a lot of the perversion and sex crimes out there today.

When I said I don't play the game, I don't. I don't wear a sign around my neck, but I don't make it any secret that at some point, yeah I'll want to see you naked and more.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:28 PM

805 posts, read 1,510,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
I will only give her special treatment once I know her very well and we're together. I'm not gonna waste my time & effort on wooing and jumping through hoops for a stranger woman, only for her to say no.

Jumping thru hoops is for the old days when unmarried young women were virgins for the most part and sex for men was only available via:

1). The socially unacceptable way via prostitutes.

2). The socially acceptable way via marriage.

So men who wanted a girlfriend had to actively court women (meaning, not taking a "no" for an answer, being an alpha male, etc) for dating that led to marriage.

With today's emasculating feminist culture, birth control, free sex, economic power for women, and bitter divorces that result in financial penalties, men no longer have the motivation, impetus, or inclination to pursue women.

For today's world: What's to there to gain in pursuing women? A short/long-lived affair ending in heartbreak.

What's to lose? Rejection, waste of time and $, unnecessary drama, expensive and bitter divorce or breakup with a custody battle and child support on top.

Men are saying, "Thanks, but NO THANKS!"

The only ones who do any wooing of women today for the most part are men who are desperate or stalker-types.

So women, either do the pursuing, or consider platonic relationships.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:45 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times
[quote=TKramar;12804484]
Quote:
Originally Posted by llratke View Post
Oh, I know. Personality--once I discover it by her being open and free enough to sit down and talk with me--is much more important. But if a woman is going to wait for you to approach her, she doesn't seem very warm and friendly.
There was a woman here that was very "traditional", shall we say, in terms of dating. Not only did she want the guy to approach her, she expected him to take her out to a nice restaurant and pay for her meal. She was unhappy because all of their dates have been...well, cheap. Playing pool, a meal at his home with other friends, and the invitation she was questioning was a movie at his place. What's wrong with that? What's wrong with being comfortable and at ease instead of stuffy and formal?
My last date, we sat at her house and just talked for 12 hours. It was great!
There is nothing wrong with any of these things! And I am a woman. I do however like a "nice" restaurant once in awhile at the beginning of the relationship somewhere and then through out for occasions is nice. I think high maintenance women want the fancy dinners all the time etc. Move on!

Old 02-16-2010, 09:43 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,683,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post

With today's emasculating feminist culture, birth control, free sex, economic power for women, and bitter divorces that result in financial penalties, men no longer have the motivation, impetus, or inclination to pursue women.

For today's world: What's to there to gain in pursuing women? A short/long-lived affair ending in heartbreak.

What's to lose? Rejection, waste of time and $, unnecessary drama, expensive and bitter divorce or breakup with a custody battle and child support on top.

Men are saying, "Thanks, but NO THANKS!"

The only ones who do any wooing of women today for the most part are men who are desperate or stalker-types.

So women, either do the pursuing, or consider platonic relationships.
I saw something interesting on my facebook page this morning. A gal I have known for 10 years(haven't really talked to though for a few years) posted that someone had left her a "secret admirer" gift on Valentines Day. She and several other friends automatically assumed it was creepy/stalkerish right off the bat. I'd 99% bet whoever did it had decent intentions but immediately the shark teeth are out. Well whoever the secret admirer is, most definitely he's gone now as I sure he heard the reaction.

And this a women creaking towards 40 quickly with her looks rapidly fading out and a long wreckage of hundreds of relationships/love affairs(yes she is a ****).

I think for us men, the best thing is not to let all these negative responses drive our behavior. Anytime I come across a nasty witch now, I just move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships