Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2010, 03:25 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,557,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Why don't men pursue women anymore? Because getting into the shower whews them every time. As well as bending over and wearing sweatpants?LMAO.............
???

Old 02-25-2010, 03:32 PM

938 posts, read 1,230,905 times
Why don't men pursue women anymore?

One Word: Cougars

Cougars have literally changed the game. The 20something women have some serious more mature competition now so guys (young and older), don't have to work so hard for a date anymore. the Cougars are ready, willing and well able to fill that void with something more appealing.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:31 PM

855 posts, read 1,385,051 times
Often, there are better things to pursue than the mind games, BS, headaches and overall garbage that goes with the mate selection process.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:33 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
My reasons I don't pursue women (an early 40s guy)

*Committed Childfree, decision made in my late 20s - that X's off 90% of the world's women from my list right there. Related to this...

*I see no reason to even do so much as even flirt unless I plan to have kids - much less any of the subsequent steps whose nature-intended outcome is children. It's not fair to lead the woman down a path that I have no intention of seeing to its final end. Her time's better spent opening herself up to other men.

*I found other ways to be happy without women in my life -- My hobbies, reading, surfing the internet, going out to eat. Therefore, women don't add anything to my life that I don't already have (at least where relationships of any sort are concerned). Related to that..

*I like my peace, quiet, and freedom more than anything else -- It's hard to enjoy that even when you're in a non-marriage relationship of any sort, much less when helping to raise children. Besides, I've seen too many married men I know deal with wives who give them grief, drama, guilt-tripping, nitpickiness, bossiness, and all around b.s. Life is so much more free and relaxed without anything even marginally romantic in it. Lowers the worry factor so you can concentrate on what you truly need or want to do with your non-work time.

*Sex itself lost its appeal to me -- I'm not impotent, mind you. My equipment still works. It's just that it takes a lot longer for me to be aroused (and hence motivated to pursue women) than was the case in my mid 20s. I think you'll find that MANY, if not most, men around 40 years old feel that way. Perhaps it's because of all the factors mentioned above.
That was head shot right there. Exactly why I have no interest in many women these days.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:26 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,273,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
society demands that men be the one's who stoically incur all of the emotional damage from advances and subsequent rejection while bouncing back and begging for more abuse...The reality is that societ wants men like you to be impenetrable because it realizes and has accepted that most women themselves are emotionally fragile and insecure...you'll find that women typically need lots of compliments or male attention to keep their self esteem buoyant...well, you cant focus on propping up their self esteem if your own is in the crapper...yet society knows that someone has to put their emotions in jeopardy, and it has accepted that generally the fragile emotions and insecurities of women wont allow them to even take ONE rejection, let alone several....so you as a man are encouraged to sacrifice your emotional and mental wellbeing for the advancement of the human species...lest relationships wont be initiated at all..this is why you feel insufficient -- because you have been taught that it is ok to accept women's weakness, and in many cases you've probably even been taught that it would be noble for you to uplift their self esteem by whispering sweet nothings and tiddlywinks to them, all while allowing your own emotions and psyche to be jackhammered by rejection and disapproval.

Your feelings are deemed irrelevant because you are dispensible in this society of equality, and therefore as a male your only value lies in your ability to absorb punishment, and it is this by which you will be gauged. It takes a lot to override the indoctrination that society imposes on its young men...but if you do so you will find that you can make decisions that are MUCH better for your own well being in the long run...and let society deal with the fact that it doesnt fit in their little dichonomous box of man/woman roles...I actually applaud you for taking control over your own emotions by avoiding the situations that will damage them.

I dont blame you for having your boundaries...I too have decided to take a furlough from actively pursuing women, at least for a couple of years. Time to give the old mind games a rest, and regroup. Im no glutton for punishment.

There, you done crying the river now?

Because women are not inherently fragile any more than men are. Women do not "typically" need constant compliments and male attention to keep their self-esteem going, either. Apparently, you need a "yes" to every request for a date to keep your self-esteem going, though.

That you believe all of the things you wrote above explains why women reject you. As with fear, we can also smell resentment. Major turnoff.

Oh, and? If rejecting a man who asks for a date is considered "punishment" by you, it's probably a good thing you are out of the dating pool, as well, because you're pretty fragile.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:30 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,628,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
...As with fear, we can also smell resentment. Major turnoff.
Wow, women smell a lot, don't they?

Old 02-25-2010, 05:31 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Wow, women smell a lot, don't they?
Regular bloodhounds.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:35 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,273,223 times

Old 02-25-2010, 05:37 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,628,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Regular bloodhounds.
I was thinking more along the lines of those drug dogs you see on "COPS"...

Old 02-25-2010, 05:38 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,557,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of those drug dogs you see on "COPS"...
And here I thought you were saying women stink/smell bad. LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships