Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2010, 12:11 PM

73,041 posts, read 62,646,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
This is going to sound cold, so brace yourself:

So, instead of assessing yourself objectively and trying to ascertain what it is about you or what you could be doing wrong that prompts the vast majority of women you've asked out to reject you, you just give up all together and lay the blame on them, eh?

The answer may be staring you right in the face, because I see it in your post, right there in red. If you're fragile emotionally, you shouldn't be in a relationship, because relationships involve other humans. Humans, being faulty creatures, will at some point hurt or disappoint you, even if they don't mean to or they are unaware of it. If you're emotionally healthy, you'll be able to work through it with them. If you're emotionally fragile, well, it's going to affect you all out of proportion and crush you.

So, if you're fragile, methinks you need to work on creating a life for yourself first, one that will help you realize your own positive traits. From there, it's all a matter of confidence. When you know you're worth it, so will the women you ask out.

But fear? We can smell it. Once you hit a certain age, it's no longer "cute" or "endearing" and instead it's "red flag, run."

Just being honest. Good luck to you.
In that case, I don't think you will like this.

I am know am someone. I just don't want to deal with anymore rejection. There are many people, men, out there who don't want to deal with anymore rejections.

As for my own self-assessment, I know some things about myself. I like many things about myself and prefer to be myself. My issue is finding that woman who can love me and accept me as I am. When I mean fragile, I mean this: Alot of men feel very hurt by rejection and don't show it alot. As for myself, I like myself. I just don't like being lonely.

I never said I wasn't worth it. I know I am worth it. The problem is finding a woman who believes the same thing about me. Just because a person thinks they are worth it doesn't mean a person can't be hurt by things.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:36 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post

I am know am someone. I just don't want to deal with anymore rejection. There are many people, men, out there who don't want to deal with anymore rejections.

As for my own self-assessment, I know some things about myself. I like many things about myself and prefer to be myself. My issue is finding that woman who can love me and accept me as I am. When I mean fragile, I mean this: Alot of men feel very hurt by rejection and don't show it alot. As for myself, I like myself. I just don't like being lonely.

I never said I wasn't worth it. I know I am worth it. The problem is finding a woman who believes the same thing about me. Just because a person thinks they are worth it doesn't mean a person can't be hurt by things.
Hi pirate_lafitte,

I miss the rejections. That was part of the fun. Its cheap, isn't time consuming and rarely hurts unless you bother women in the morning(hot coffee). Are you not drenched in a woman's fluids? Excuse me, but its not as if any of them invented intermittent wipers.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:49 PM

73,041 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi pirate_lafitte,

I miss the rejections. That was part of the fun. Its cheap, isn't time consuming and rarely hurts unless you bother women in the morning(hot coffee). Are you not drenched in a woman's fluids? Excuse me, but its not as if any of them invented intermittent wipers.
What are you talking about?

Old 02-26-2010, 01:06 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,273,223 times
Quote:

What's not to like about your response? It's excellent. And really, who cares what I think? I'm an internet stranger throwing my two cents at you. No worries here.

For what it's worth, you seem like a decent person, just down on dating. It happens to everyone at some point, women too. It's how you handle it that matters. Take a break. Do your own thing. Fill up your life with friends and activities, or, if your life is already full, try something new. Shake yourself out of your rut. When I wasn't enjoying dating anymore, I took a year off. Instead I traveled with my chick buddies, pursued hobbies, and enjoyed my freedom. I don't know how old you are, but I was 30 at the time and it was the best thing I ever did. I made a lot of friends during that year, and later ended up dating and marrying one of them. (Granted, we divorced later, but it wasn't nasty horrible and I don't hate the guy. But hey, it proves that not even a marriage certificate is a guarantee.)

A year from now you may change your tune, or maybe you won't. Point is, you like yourself--and you don't sound bitter. Discouraged, yes, but discouragement can be overcome. Bitterness will leave you playing solitaire for the rest of your life.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:16 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
What are you talking about?

I am talking about loving the rejection. If you don't love rejection, you will never find love. People do make accurate self assessments and exude that in their presence. Its female repellent. Your fear of rejection is oozing all over the place. Learn a little body language and you will catch yourself subordinating yourself; and for what? The moment you see someone, they are just a vision in your head and nothing more. They just as often disappoint. I had to get over that too.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:45 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,683,870 times
Quote:

I think all you need is some rearranging of perspectives. You are taking the rejection way more personal then it should be.

Rejection is good. Being discriminating is good. Not ALL things are meant for us. Not ALL women are meant for us. Having someone turn us down is good because why would we want to spend time with someone not interested in us?

Having feelings and emotions is good as well. I wouldn't be afraid of them but I wouldn't let them run you or have the rejection drive your feelings. Are you running the ship or are they?

Old 02-26-2010, 04:31 PM

855 posts, read 1,385,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
And THAT's why we woman like younger men! No attitudes, honest eagerness and appreciation! Ta da!!!!!

And THAT's why we men stop pursuing ladies like you and go for the Cougarlicious babes. No mind games, no guilt trips, no BS, straight to the point, eager-beaver-believer, Cheerio!!!!!

Old 02-26-2010, 05:08 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Young men have attitudes--older men are not quite as cocky as the young ones.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:29 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,555,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llratke View Post
Why don't men pursue women anymore? Seems it only happens in the movies.

In my own experience, men will give me their phone numbers....and ask me to call them....and I'm 45 years old! This seems messed up.

Any comments gentlemen? Preferably men over 40 to answer please.

(not that the young guys can't answer this.....they don't seem to be the ones afraid....it's the older ones)
Becuase times have changed. Why should men pursue women when they are now very easier to get and they actually do a lot of chasing themselves.

This applies at just about every age group. Many moms of teenage boys are actually protecting their sons from all the girls around them.
You have a great day.
El Amigo

Old 02-26-2010, 05:58 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,273,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
And THAT's why we men stop pursuing ladies like you and go for the Cougarlicious babes. No mind games, no guilt trips, no BS, straight to the point, eager-beaver-believer, Cheerio!!!!!
Hey Short? She was singing he praises of younger men. You're singing the praises of older women.

You agree with each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships