Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 11:17 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,668,826 times

Advertisements

But in Jtur's post, there was nothing saying he WAS interested. Just that, "this is the closest bus stop to where I am" and the "closest bus stop to where I'm going". Just because I get on or off the bus at a certain point does not mean I have an interest in a woman that gets on or off at that same stop.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:20 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,678,492 times
My experience is, if a man just gives you his number, he's not all that into you. He's thinks you are "ok" and maybe worth a date or two, so long as there isn't any effort. He'll go out with you if you call him, but then again maybe not if tomorrow he meets someone he likes better.

When you meet one who is truly captivated by you and he really wants to get to know you better, he will definitely ask for your number and will make his interest very clear almost immediately.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:26 AM

Like being in a candy store. I like Skittles, but Starburst is just as good. But perhaps I can only afford to get one or the other...and not both. How am I supposed to choose?

Old 01-18-2010, 11:32 AM

379 posts, read 512,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
What you describe is a bit extreme but not totally unrealistic. As a man you need to be very careful about how and to whom you express interest in.

There should be zero tolerance for stalking or other types of aggressive behavior but it shouldn't be a capital offense to ask a woman out.
I agree. You can't live your life in fear. A man has to be strong, and if there is something that you want, I say go get it and let the chips fall where they may. As long as you are not creepy about it, I think most women would be okay.

Of course, there definitely are some women who are total drama queens

Old 01-18-2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
My experience is, if a man just gives you his number, he's not all that into you. He's thinks you are "ok" and maybe worth a date or two, so long as there isn't any effort. He'll go out with you if you call him, but then again maybe not if tomorrow he meets someone he likes better.

When you meet one who is truly captivated by you and he really wants to get to know you better, he will definitely ask for your number and will make his interest very clear almost immediately.
Question: how many times are you going to put him off if he DOES ask? How many times does he have to hear the word "no"?..even if you mean "yes"?

No time for "games". That's the kind of thing that makes men not ask. Game playing.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Question: how many times are you going to put him off if he DOES ask? How many times does he have to hear the word "no"?..even if you mean "yes"?
I can't answer that - I am very straight forward with men. If I mean yes, I say yes from the start. If I mean no, I will politely say so with a one sentence explanation.

I'll be 40 in a few months -- my no-means-yes days are long behind me. I don't have the luxury of spare time to jerk men around.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:53 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,297 times
Quote:

Or maybe hes just snake bitten or scared of rejection?

Why is it ok for women to be aloof or hard to get but Men have to woo a women and make her feel special before they know a damn thing about her?

Should a women be treated special just because shes a women?

How about you get that type of treatement when the guy knows enough of you to know that you deserve that treatment and you do the same of him..

Nobodies owed anything in life..

Old 01-18-2010, 11:53 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,193,244 times
Quote:

What I see nowadays is that men are expected to put effort in, but women just want to sit back and let the man do all the working, and all they have to do is say yes and no.

I will only give her special treatment once I know her very well and we're together. I'm not gonna waste my time & effort on wooing and jumping through hoops for a stranger woman, only for her to say no.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:57 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,267,585 times
I would think (just from what I see:

- 40+ man having his post break-up/breakdown midlife crisis....Picks a young thing because its less complicated...gets annoyed at young things within 10 years and does not have the looks or money to keep them interested anymore. Young things become old things and they get a cut of his pay upon divorce. Rinse and repeat with a fresher bag of meat.

Why wait around for some man anyway. Take what you want or accept what you get.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Or maybe hes just snake bitten or scared of rejection?

Why is it ok for women to be aloof or hard to get but Men have to woo a women and make her feel special before they know a damn thing about her?

Should a women be treated special just because shes a women?

How about you get that type of treatement when the guy knows enough of you to know that you deserve that treatment and you do the same of him..

Nobodies owed anything in life..
Not sure why you are directed this semi angry-sounding post at me. Are you having some sort of hard time in the dating world? Not my fault.

If a man isn't into me, he isn't into me. I don't begrudge him the fact that he hands over his number and moves on. That's life, we don't all feel a connection so strong we want to pursue. If I'm interested, I'll call the guy based on him giving me his number, but I also know he isn't all that wowed by me. Such is life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships