Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 12:10 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
What I see nowadays is that men are expected to put effort in, but women just want to sit back and let the man do all the working, and all they have to do is say yes and no.

I will only give her special treatment once I know her very well and we're together. I'm not gonna waste my time & effort on wooing and jumping through hoops for a stranger woman, only for her to say no.
Not in my demographic. A simple yea or nay is the only realistic approach to dating the early 40s man. Women who are still playing games at this point aren't being realistic.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:29 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
Not sure why you are directed this semi angry-sounding post at me. Are you having some sort of hard time in the dating world? Not my fault.

If a man isn't into me, he isn't into me. I don't begrudge him the fact that he hands over his number and moves on. That's life, we don't all feel a connection so strong we want to pursue. If I'm interested, I'll call the guy based on him giving me his number, but I also know he isn't all that wowed by me. Such is life.
My point is you expect the Man to do all the work and sit back and do nothing and then compalin if its not enough interest for your liking..

Giving you his number doesnt autoamtically mean lack of interest at all,as i said he could just be afraid of rejection..

You want a guy to want your number otherwise to you that doesnt show enough itnerest but if he aprpaoched you and wants numbers exchanged in some way theuir has to be a level of interest on his part..

Old 01-18-2010, 12:34 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Or maybe hes just snake bitten or scared of rejection?

Why is it ok for women to be aloof or hard to get but Men have to woo a women and make her feel special before they know a damn thing about her?

Should a women be treated special just because shes a women?

How about you get that type of treatement when the guy knows enough of you to know that you deserve that treatment and you do the same of him..

Nobodies owed anything in life..
You don't get it. Women are only equal until they want special treatment.

I'll keep lumbering like a dinosaur and give them special treatment anyway, instead of treating them equally.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:36 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
Not sure why you are directed this semi angry-sounding post at me. Are you having some sort of hard time in the dating world? Not my fault.

If a man isn't into me, he isn't into me. I don't begrudge him the fact that he hands over his number and moves on. That's life, we don't all feel a connection so strong we want to pursue. If I'm interested, I'll call the guy based on him giving me his number, but I also know he isn't all that wowed by me. Such is life.
He's wowed enough to express an interest, but because of opportunity cost, he's not going to toss all his eggs in one basket. If he goes with the chicken dinner, he can't also have the roast beef.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:40 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Too much damn work after ya catch em!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-18-2010, 12:41 PM

1,776 posts, read 4,004,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
What I see nowadays is that men are expected to put effort in, but women just want to sit back and let the man do all the working, and all they have to do is say yes and no.

I will only give her special treatment once I know her very well and we're together. I'm not gonna waste my time & effort on wooing and jumping through hoops for a stranger woman, only for her to say no.

Pretty much....

Old 01-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,141 times
i give out my number so i know the girl is interested.

a lot of girls dont wanna say no to a guys face so they will give him their number, dick him around or just ignore when he calls.

normally when i give my number a girl will just text me sometime, then ill call her myself.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:45 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
1. They're not interested enough to pursue her, but if she starts pursuing them, that's cool. They're not going to turn her down.

2. They're afraid of rejection. If they put the asking in your hands, they cannot openly get rejected.

3. They give out their number to many girls. It's kind of like throwing out many fishing lines.

4. They don't have the time. (Note: This is a RARITY. If a guy likes a girl, he will MAKE time.)
That pretty much sums it up.

I have to say that if a man is interested, he WILL pursue. If he doesn't pursue, than he is not that interested. Simple as that.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
My point is you expect the Man to do all the work and sit back and do nothing and then compalin if its not enough interest for your liking..

Giving you his number doesnt autoamtically mean lack of interest at all,as i said he could just be afraid of rejection..

You want a guy to want your number otherwise to you that doesnt show enough itnerest but if he aprpaoched you and wants numbers exchanged in some way theuir has to be a level of interest on his part..
Where did I complain? Point that out to me please, using the quote function.

If a guy isn't interested, he isn't interested. No skin off my nose, and once again I don't begrudge him for his lack of interest. At this stage of the game I have learned that I can't talk a man into anything.

If for instance, if I'm dating a man and I want it to be serious and committed, NO amount of my pursuing, complaining, begging, debating or game playing will make it happen. A "where is this going" relationship talk is a complete waste of time and it seems to me it just annoys men anyway. If a guy wants that, he will let it be known. If he's not feeling it, he's not feeling it.

If you give me your phone number and I am interested, I will call you one time and one time only. If nothing happens from there, I am moving on and no I won't begrudge you one bit for not calling me back. If you require pursuit, so be it, but you aren't going to get that from me. Been there, done that, if he is interested he will respond from the start. Yes, there are exceptions (such as a painfully shy man) but I'm not going to sort through it to figure it out.

Most
of the time, what I am saying is true, and life is too short for me to figure out whether a stranger is the exception rather than the rule.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
That pretty much sums it up.

I have to say that if a man is interested, he WILL pursue. If he doesn't pursue, than he is not that interested. Simple as that.
That's it, simple as that indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships