Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 01:58 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
I cannot possibly be the only one here who's noticing that:

A. The participating women in the thread are telling us how we're misinterpreting their actions while filling us in on what they REALLY mean by their actions.

B. These same participating women are telling the participating men what is the female perception of our own actions.

No, really -- I'm not making this up. Read back through this thread.
Fixed your post.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:59 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
I expect a guy to put himself out there and "woo" me, I expect a guy to "woo" my daughter, and I've already seen my son "woo" girls he is interested in.

It's not dead, intelligent and classy people still do it/expect it. And everyone else isn't worth it.

The reason many people don't do this now is because sex is cheap, girls throw themselves at undeserving guys, in turn guys never learn to how to be a man, and everyone suffers.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:01 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,046,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
3. They give out their number to many girls. It's kind of like throwing out many fishing lines.
Why?
- Because I can.
- Because I want to.
- Because it works best for me.

Hopefully, by the time a guy is your age, he's learned that locking on to a girl before you even know her is a recipe for disaster.

Personally, I like to cast the net wide and find out which women are reciprocally interested in me, then take it from there and get to know them. It's part of the vetting process, and non-interest is a deal-breaker for me. I'm not in the "convincing" business.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:02 PM

404 posts, read 701,434 times
Well it's fine if you perceive men's actions in a certain way. But when you get pages of men telling you that your interpretations are often wrong, you might want to change them. Just to have a more accurate perception of reality. But of course, that's up to you.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:02 PM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I expect a guy to put himself out there and "woo" me, I expect a guy to "woo" my daughter, and I've already seen my son "woo" girls he is interested in.

Men should woo women who desreve it not just for the sake of being a women..

WHat is a womens role aside from wantign and acceptign the wooing?

Old 01-18-2010, 02:05 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
"Why don't men pursue women anymore?"
Since many women have been packing on the pounds, they can't run as fast, and are therefore not much of a challenge to pursue.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:09 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Men should woo women who desreve it not just for the sake of being a women..

WHat is a womens role aside from wantign and acceptign the wooing?

Here, right there, sums it all up. Exactly as I thought.

A man will NOT pursue a woman who he doesn't think is worthy of pursuing. Cut the crap people please!
Men will just give out their numbers to various women because they are dating around and the pool is wide opened. In the long run, it won't affect them whether or not this certain particular woman will call or ask him out. There is UNTIL he meets this one woman who gets into his head and he can't stop thinking about her. There is when he will be the one calling.

It's clear as day. We should just end the conversation here.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:10 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post

It's not dead, intelligent and classy people still do it/expect it. And everyone else isnt' worth it.

Its not "classy" to trash talk other people's practice or beliefs while we are at it.

I never been "woo-ed" by some bs song and dance routine. Any fool/player can do that.

Men are interested in women period. If you say "HI" and pull your nose out of the air once in awhile instead of acting like you should be on a mountain being hand fed grapes and killing the morally unfit you might know that.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:12 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Here, right there, sums it all up. Exactly as I thought.

A man will NOT pursue a woman who he doesn't think is worthy of pursuing. Cut the crap people please!
Men will just give out their numbers to various women because they are dating around and the pool is wide opened. In the long run, it won't affect them whether or not this certain particular woman will call or ask him out. There is UNTIL he meets this one woman who gets into his head and he can't stop thinking about her. There is when he will be the one calling.

It's clear as day. We should just end the conversation here.
[/End thread]

Old 01-18-2010, 02:13 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,007,664 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships