Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 02:30 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,387,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
Yeh, but not every woman believes that. I've had many women approach me and ask me for my number. I found that very attractive. I fail to see how people see as a turn-off [women in this thread has said that]. How can they tell men what men find a turn-off?

A person should do what they feel is right. Women keep saying they hate gender roles, yet they want these type of gender roles to exist cos it suits them. It doesn't make sense..

Okay, here is the disconnect.
I'm not saying that it's completely inappropriate for a woman to approach a man and ask for a number. If a woman is confident in herself, it's sexy. The turn-off part is when a woman starts to "chase" a man.

Another thing is, the whole original topic of the thread is "why don't men pursue women anymore?". Original post states that a woman gets numbers from men, but they don't ask her for one. This is when many of us step in and say: If a man is really interested, he will pursue and if he doesn't pursue, then he is not that interested. It's not about being confident and asking for a number, it's about not being asked for one. This is a discussion at hand.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:31 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,267,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Other people's "beliefs"? What would those be exactly?

Your post makes no sense in the context of mine. Besides, CLASSY is alway a good thing, NO CLASS is never a good thing. I can stand firmly buy what I wrote. I never mentioned women having their nose in the air, people should put their best foot forward regardless of whether they are a man or a woman.
Well did you read the thread? I for one said to go out and get what you want instead of waiting around like Rapunzel Randy for Rescue.

Double negatives are not a good thing either. Also not a sign of intelligent life.

I put the line to deviate my reply to your quote directly and the general reply to what that way of thinking can come off as. When you put your "best foot forward" with your nose in the air you end up tripping on your own feet and face full of mud and alone with your principles and self delusions of grandeur.
Its sounds princess as hell to me. And I am not even a guy.

:
Originally Posted by Ceece
I expect a guy to put himself out there and "woo" me, I expect a guy to "woo" my daughter, and I've already seen my son "woo" girls he is interested in.

It's not dead, intelligent and classy people still do it/expect it. And everyone else isnt' worth it.

Its not "classy" to trash talk other people's practice or beliefs while we are at it.

I never been "woo-ed" by some bs song and dance routine. Any fool/player can do that.

Men are interested in women period. If you say "HI" and pull your nose out of the air once in awhile instead of acting like you should be on a mountain being hand fed grapes and killing the morally unfit you might know that.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:32 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,387,283 times
Quote:
Yeah. That's right. But what if she finds me interesting and warm, intriguing and caring etc. is she just gonna sit on her arse and wait for me to make a move? Plenty of women have asked for my number, cos they found me handsome and attractive. Fair play to them. They went against the social grain, and I applaud them for that. Even if it never worked out, I still have huge respect for them.
Read my post above.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:41 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,328,204 times
Quote:
Yeah. That's right. But what if she finds me interesting and warm, intriguing and caring etc. is she just gonna sit on her arse and wait for me to make a move? Plenty of women have asked for my number, cos they found me handsome and attractive. Fair play to them. They went against the social grain, and I applaud them for that. Even if it never worked out, I still have huge respect for them.

So if you're waiting on her to ask for your number and you are waiting on her...what then? A missed opportunity?

Old 01-18-2010, 02:42 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,193,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I'm not saying that it's completely inappropriate for a woman to approach a man and ask for a number. If a woman is confident in herself, it's sexy. The turn-off part is when a woman starts to "chase" a man.

Another thing is, the whole original topic of the thread is "why don't men pursue women anymore?". Original post states that a woman gets numbers from men, but they don't ask her for one. This is when many of us step in and say: If a man is really interested, he will pursue and if he doesn't pursue, then he is not that interested. It's not about being confident and asking for a number, it's about not being asked for one. This is a discussion at hand.
I don't disagree with any of that. All I'm saying is if she finds a man attractive and is interested in him, then why not go for it? Just because a man is interested in here, does not mean he will always go and ask for her number. I've been there before. I've been too shy, not confident enough etc. to ask a woman out that I was interested in. I think many women are not taking into that consideration, that although socially unacceptable, some men don't have the best of social skills and at times can be too shy. It would be nice if women sometimes did the asking, you know.

The notion that if a man does not ask a woman out means he is not interested is just totally false and incorrect.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:43 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post

I like to be pursued by guys. For me, it separates the guys who really want to get to know me from the guys who just want to get to know my naked body.

I wish some guys would realize that girls like it when they take control.
Some Guys also pursue women who they just want to "see their naked body" as well,Men will put in work and feed women lines for sex..

And of course women want guys who take control,it puts no blame or burden on them and they dont have to do any work

Old 01-18-2010, 02:43 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,668,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post

If I give a company my resume, am I interested in the company or not? Same idea applies to giving a woman your number, it is still some form of pursuit.

I'm waiting for the company to approach ME and just offer ME a job.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:44 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,122,326 times
If a woman showed interest in me, i'd respect her for going after what she wants. Just like if I was checkin' for her, I'd have to put in work. Traditionally, men are supposed to go after a woman but times have changed. While I'm old-fashioned in some ways, in this instance I have to agree that both parties should put in the same effort if each is interested in the other.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:44 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,193,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
So if you're waiting on her to ask for your number and you are waiting on her...what then? A missed opportunity?
I wasn't waiting for anything. She liked me. She found me attractive. She didn't want to miss the opportunity by sitting on her arse and waiting around, so she did the asking. What's so wrong about that? Many women have done that to me. Some succeeded, others not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
If a woman showed interest in me, i'd respect her for going after what she wants. Just like if I was checkin' for her, I'd have to put in work. Traditionally, men are supposed to go after a woman but times have changed. While I'm old-fashioned in some ways, in this instance I have to agree that both parties should put in the same effort if each is interested in the other.
Exactly.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:45 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,408,647 times
This thread has really left me confused on what anyone wants. Sheesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships