Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 03:19 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,387,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Here's another issue--there's another thread on this forum, about a single woman dating multiple men.

I'm sorry, but I don't want a woman "dating around". If I'm going to make a commitment to one woman, she should make the same commitment to me.
Well, that's given, but it comes with time.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:24 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,267,585 times
Talking and smiling is not flirting. Its called polite conversation. I had people misread that. But I never was into just dating someone that was not a friend first anyway. I wanted to know them as a person first. Stop thinking about getting in her pants for two seconds and start to read body language. Some of the things guys say can be a turn off. I would not tell them that on a first meeting and I would not toss them out as a friend. But they never made the list of "people to date myself or fix up the friends with" Guys turn polite conversation into "flirting" in the head because they want the girl.

One thing I notice females do is they lean in towards a guy they like. They do it even more, the more they are interested. Also look for how long she looks at you when she is not talking about things or getting attention verbally from you. (check the mirrors and glass around you)

Don't read that "touch" = "do me." Some people (esp women) are touchy feely.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:24 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,668,826 times
Max's Mama:
Yes, but I'd have a problem with her seeing other guys. If I invite HER, then how do I know she is not just "dating around"?

The women I have been involved with, I ended up spending most of my nonworking time with. There were no "other guys"--but they asked me instead.

Pitt_transplant: I don't like to be touched, unless, you know, I'm single and the person wants to begin a relationship with me.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:27 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
One of the reasons that guys are so confused about whether she is interested or not is because there are so many girls out there that love to flirt. They would flirt with a light pole if it had a penis and gave attention. I really don't know what to tell guys about those girls except to watch and see how she acts with everyone. While I'm certainly friendly and warm to everyone, I don't flirt with guys unless I am interested - but that is just me. I know many of my friends who love to play around with guy's attentions and lead them on. I think that's pointless and feel quite bad for the guys.

I should probably note that the type of guys I mesh well with are the ones who will risk a rejection and ask the girl out. These are the types of guys I also typically attract. I suppose this is why I get frustrated when guys linger around waiting for me to make the move. In my eyes (and I am speaking only for myself), if a guy won't muster up the courage to ask me out on a date and risk the chance of me saying no, he must not like me that much. When people really want something, they go after it. I wouldn't want to be with a guy who's with me just because I'm the best option that asked him out.
So you realize how many pitfalls guys have in the approaching world and why they may be snake bitten by doing all the approaching by things you mentioned that allot of women do

So i dont undertsand then why you cant see why some Men could still have interest in you yet be a little nervous and not go all in right away when theyve been snake bitten so many times

Put yourself in Mens shoes and what we go through trying to get women,its not easy

Id rather have the womens problem of whos number is given away then what we have..

We have to hope the women is interested in us,if she isnt we have to hope shes not a ***** who embarases us by walking away as soon as we approach..

We have to hope if we somehow get a number its real..

We have to hope they arent flirting just to play games with us and really have no interest

Old 01-18-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Max's Mama:
Yes, but I'd have a problem with her seeing other guys. If I invite HER, then how do I know she is not just "dating around"?

The women I have been involved with, I ended up spending most of my nonworking time with. There were no "other guys"--but they asked me instead.
And how does she know that you are not just dating around? Ha? It goes both ways.
It's just something that needs to be discussed between you and her and agreed on.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:32 PM

13,609 posts, read 21,399,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Ahhh....let's just end it here.

HOT men/women have their choice of who they want to give their numbers to or IF they ask for one. The others are left to fend for themselves.

Well you certainly do not qualify as one of the others.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
And how does she know that you are not just dating around? Ha? It goes both ways.
It's just something that needs to be discussed between you and her and agreed on.
Usually by observation over a long period of time. As much as I'd like to think "no one notices a thing I do", I would be wrong in that assessment. People see that you're out by yourself all the time, they can be pretty much assured that YOU are single.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Usually by observation over a long period of time. As much as I'd like to think "no one notices a thing I do", I would be wrong in that assessment. People see that you're out by yourself all the time, they can be pretty much assured that YOU are single.
You just need to find someone comparable to you. It's not easy, as I look around, I see that the dating market is grim. Especially in Florida.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:45 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,682,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
"Why don't men pursue women anymore?"
Since many women have been packing on the pounds, they can't run as fast, and are therefore not much of a challenge to pursue.
That's the best explanation I've heard yet!

Old 01-18-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
You just need to find someone comparable to you. It's not easy, as I look around, I see that the dating market is grim. Especially in Florida.
Oh. I know. But I do find comparable people. They're just few and far between.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships