Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 01:19 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
We know that. But I don't wanna do all the work and woo her and impress her etc whilst she does absolutely nothing, bar show interest. Anyone can show interest. Its about acting upon that interest. Either way, I fail to see why it is a turn-off for a woman to do the initiating. Many women have done that to me, some very attractive, others not so much. But I still had huge respect for them cos they showed determination, character and went against the social grain of "Im gonna sit on my pedestal until a man approaches me, cos I want to be courted and do zero work and Im too good to pursue the man I am interested in" mentality. Those kinda women don't get another look from me.

I could do all that your hubby did, and yet the girl could turn around say and No. Complete and utter waste of time and effort.

A woman who goes and gets what she wants is 10000x more attractive and sexy than a woman who sits backs with her princess complex [not directed at you btw.]
Oh, I agree with you of course. A woman should reciprocate back if she is interested in you. And doing initiating is not the same as "chasing" by the way as Gwyn worded.

Let me ask you this question, just honestly. You meet a woman somewhere, let's say in a lounge, she is so beautiful and sweet and you have a nice conversation, you are just so interested in her, you would love to ask her out. Would you rather take her number, or at least mutually exchange numbers, or would you just give her your number and wait for her to call you? Just be honest. Also, keep in mind that you are an attractive, not an average looking guy.
I think if a man really really wants a woman, he will pursue her. That's it. Otherwise, he is just not that interested.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:20 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llratke View Post
Why don't men pursue women anymore? Seems it only happens in the movies.

In my own experience, men will give me their phone numbers....and ask me to call them....and I'm 45 years old! This seems messed up.

Any comments gentlemen? Preferably men over 40 to answer please.

(not that the young guys can't answer this.....they don't seem to be the ones afraid....it's the older ones)
Well, from the responses so far, it seems like you should give up the notion of looking for a man to "woo" you. I'm afraid it's considered a bit taboo by today's standards but I get what you are asking about. It's just another reality of today's dating world and where feminism has come to bite us in the a**! So my dear, YOU must bear the burden of the fear of rejection, making the initial phone call, etc. because it seems many men are just not going to put themselves out there.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:21 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,739 times
Today's men have an ingrained fear of women due to society.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:28 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Well, that's not what you said in the previous post. Speaking of giving a full information in your replies. You only mentioned her coming up to you.
[shrug] One thing leads to another...

Gee, that reminds me of a bit I saw by a guy who claimed he'd never had sex.

"You say, 'We went back to my place, one thing led to another...' What is that one thing that led to that other thing?"

Old 01-18-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
[shrug] One thing leads to another...

Gee, that reminds me of a bit I saw by a guy who claimed he'd never had sex.

"You say, 'We went back to my place, one thing led to another...' What is that one thing that led to that other thing?"
yari yari yara...I never heard from him again.... lol

Old 01-18-2010, 01:44 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Women do not speak to me UNLESS they're interested in having a relationship. Very few people speak to me at all.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:50 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,011,688 times
I cannot possibly be the only one here who's noticing that:

A. The participating women in the thread are telling us how we're misinterpreting their actions while filling us in on what they REALLY mean by their actions.

B. These same participating women are telling the participating men what we ACTUALLY mean by our own actions.

No, really -- I'm not making this up. Read back through this thread.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Women do not speak to me UNLESS they're interested in having a relationship. Very few people speak to me at all.

Awwww.....but you look so sweet!

Old 01-18-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post

A. The participating women in the thread are telling us how we're misinterpreting their actions while filling us in on what they REALLY mean by their actions.

B. These same participating women are telling the participating men what we ACTUALLY mean by our own actions.

Speaking from myself only. I'm only telling men how I interpret their actions. That's it.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post

Umm......I don't have the skills to work that kind of mojo.

*leaves room to get male vodoo doll*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships