Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2010, 02:08 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I've been friends over the years with a number of older guys that were absolutely savaged by some wicked women. The worse was a guy that had been successful in pro sports at a young age, invested the money, had a chain of restaurants and other businesses, nice house, cars and all the toys. Basically had a pretty nice life as he hit 60.

Came home one day and found the wife had drained all his accounts of everything, ran up all the credit cards, sold what she could behind his back and then fled town. Essentially everything collapsed and he is now nearly 70 working a grunt job having to start his life over.

I really don't want to end up like that guy. Not the $$$ amounts that's important, but I don't want to work all my life to be robbed by my wife by herself or the courts.

It's not something that makes me scared but it is why I am conscientious about getting involved long term with women. I'm constantly getting hammered by relatives why I don't run out and get married and you know I'm not in any hurry to do so.
Hi wanneroo,

I keep hearing and seeing men having issues of unexpected paternity not to mention other fallout. Men can now suffer as much as women historically did from intimacy. Men are becoming coy.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:26 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,977,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
It's taken international travel for me to have some perspective and I think there are things we can learn from other societies. For us Americans, I think we are on the wrong path.

It seems since the 20 years I was a child things have turned for the worst. People are always looking for someone to blame and someone else to take responsibility for their actions.

Women the past forty years have been blowharding about how they can do it all and a lot of men said go for it. And essentially that behavior has enabled bad men and put them on a pedestal while traditional type men have been sidelined.

We've created this society now with superficiality. All external warpaint and nothing inside as people. Fake boobs, fake hair color, tattoos, piercings, makeup, six pack abs, 800 friends on facebook, harley davidsons, you name it.

You've got women confused about what their role is and men about what their role is as well. Don't know what's going to happen next, but the whole world feels assbackwards.

All I can say is...yup...

From beginning to end..this post is right on..Ive said the exact same thing myself...

You have women who wanted "equality"...and now that they have it they're whining about a lack of manly men...yet those same men they vilified and despised while they sought to become like them.

Ive always said that America reminds me of a child who thinks it has all the answers. America has existed for but a sliver of time in the annals of chronology. Other nations/civilizations have existed for eons comparatively. Well along comes America with all of its "fresh" ideas. Enthused by wide eyed youth and revolt, we sought to change the nature of civilization and the course of nature itself. We looked down on every other nation for "oppressing" its women, weaker men, and youth. Not realizing that if the ideals that form the social concept of America had been a successful, sustainable existence, other nations would have already done it centuries ago.

So now where are we? Well we have a ton of lonesome, educated, slutty, animus filled, beer swigging, cheetoh chugging, fat, women...a ton of lonesome, educated, self doubting, standoffish, emasculated, men, who would have likely been the leaders and providers of yesteryear....and we have a ton of useless, narcissistic, (but confident), uneducated, deadbeat men...and a ton of equally useless, slutty, often uneducated, glorified single mother harlots.

And a youthful generation that due to declining marriage rates will more than likely be the end of the pure American lineage.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:34 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
^I'm confused by all this.

My male peers have not been emasculated. If they have, I've difficulty considering them my peers in the first place.

It is true that young men don't want to settle down, others are unwittingly stumbling into "starter marriages", but don't paint us as either wholly feminized or brutish. I feel that most people I know lead balanced lives, men and women.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:38 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,977,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
^I'm confused by all this.

My male peers have not been emasculated. If they have, I've difficulty considering them my peers in the first place.

It is true that men don't want to settle down, but don't paint us as either feminized or brutish. People I know lead balanced lives, men and women.

I can only go by the observations of women...many women I have spoken to say that men today dont seem as manly/masculine as they used to be. While men Ive spoken to, CONSISTENTLY state that women are more manly than they've ever been...

Could be coincidence though.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:51 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
I can only go by the observations of women...many women I have spoken to say that men today dont seem as manly/masculine as they used to be. While men Ive spoken to, CONSISTENTLY state that women are more manly than they've ever been...

We live in a world today where people can be what they want.

The feminized male can grow up, move to Manhattan, and shave and tan himself and buy designer furniture until all is right in his world.

Maybe one day he'll run into some b*tch lawyer woman, and they can marry and adopt a Thai child, or perform whatever unorthodox arrangements that suits.

Good for them, I say. I will stick to my corner of the globe where men like to hunt and fish, and women can fill whatever gender roles left in the vacuum that is 'men being men.'

Old 01-25-2010, 03:16 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
It's been my experience that one of the key reasons men don't pursue women as ardently as they used to is simply because so many women are nowadays more assertive and aggressive in pursuing us; they're picking up some of the workload is all! For example, my last three girlfreinds all made the first move, asking me out or giving me their phone # or email addy before I had the chance. In each of these cases, the woman and I had made some eye contact and made some small talk and done the flirty-flirty thing, but before I could decide whether or not to ask them if they wanted to, say, grab lunch sometime, they made the first move. Truth be told, two of these three examples happened in clubs where I was playing with the band, so those cases may not represent the norm of what's happening out there for most guys; it might've been just a musician thing, but I think most of my friends--even the non-musician ones--would also say that women these days are very often more willing to make the first move
Personally, I find this behavior to be hands down the best thing to come out of the womens' empowerment movement of the past 10 years or so! LOL.

Hey and sometime you don't have to be playin' in the band, just look like you do.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:33 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,918,902 times
Default !

Quote:

From beginning to end..this post is right on..Ive said the exact same thing myself...

You have women who wanted "equality"...and now that they have it they're whining about a lack of manly men...yet those same men they vilified and despised while they sought to become like them.

Ive always said that America reminds me of a child who thinks it has all the answers. America has existed for but a sliver of time in the annals of chronology. Other nations/civilizations have existed for eons comparatively. Well along comes America with all of its "fresh" ideas. Enthused by wide eyed youth and revolt, we sought to change the nature of civilization and the course of nature itself. We looked down on every other nation for "oppressing" its women, weaker men, and youth. Not realizing that if the ideals that form the social concept of America had been a successful, sustainable existence, other nations would have already done it centuries ago.

So now where are we? Well we have a ton of lonesome, educated, slutty, animus filled, beer swigging, cheetoh chugging, fat, women...a ton of lonesome, educated, self doubting, standoffish, emasculated, men, who would have likely been the leaders and providers of yesteryear....and we have a ton of useless, narcissistic, (but confident), uneducated, deadbeat men...and a ton of equally useless, slutty, often uneducated, glorified single mother harlots.

And a youthful generation that due to declining marriage rates will more than likely be the end of the pure American lineage.
Tried to rep you, but I guess you were making too many great points on this topic that I needed to "spread some charity reputation around" before I could give you more reps.

But seriously, this is one of the main problems with most Americans and today's America in general. I have never seen a nation and a time period when society has overlooked, humiliated, persecuted, and insult its brightest, selfless, intelligent, genuinely-alpha, reserved, benevolent-assertive, and astute men, broad-brushing them all as "beta losers" while giving the bums who sit on their a**es while being able to "woo" little girls with Pre-K level pop songs, retarded as sin dances, and sorry a** game as "the epitome of a man." And it seems that all of this hit the fan during the 2000s, because I don't recall this BS as rampant during the 1990s; the worshiping of ghetto trash & trailer trash males may have been the case for generations in the urban ghetto streets and rural trailer parks, but during the 2000s, this mentality has rapidly spread to the more "stable parts" of America.

This is why I have a strong feeling that when the economy gets back on its feet, there are going to be a lot of American-based high-paying IT, computer, and consulting jobs that are going to have a lot of men who were rejected in their so-called "homeland" for not being "manly enough" seeking them, and with no hesitation, relocate and work in some country who will have employers (and especially women) who will appreciate American men who are actually astute and intelligent men who have substance and brains. When this happens en masse, then America's days as a nation of innovation and progress are limited . And let's be honest, America's days of giving the world the best innovations were only about a century.

And some of you broads will say "beta man are weak pu....pies" but let's be honest: if the beta dude did the exact same things and had the exact same look and build as the poser-alpha male (yes, poser alpha), you're ready to call him a creep and file a restraining order. Or you'll not only ready to reject his advances, but will humiliate him to the point of making him consider going gay. And don't say many females aren't like that, because for where I live, the broads make tearing down a man's confidence a f**king sport!

As for those who brag about "wooing" the woman, do you want me to do some dumba** Soulja Boy song while looking like Lil Wayne. Or do you want me to act like a complete loud-mouth frat-boy tool while spilling beer on your dress and vomiting down your cleavage. Or do you want me to get eight of my buddies together in order to talk smack and (maybe) beat up one guy who's half my size and is minding his own damn business. Because that's basically what most broads mean by "wooing" in this time and era.

And you know what. I might as well point this out. Being black, it's especially hard for me to be completely masculine. Let me elaborate: I can have a masters, make over $250K and have millions in savings, and wear the most preppy get-up, but if I even dare to talk to a female outside of my race (even if was to compliment her looks), or if I accidentally forget to comb my hair before going to work, or if I have to do a loud burp after drinking a beer (with excusing myself), or if I look like a complete mess after doing some home improvement or fixing a car, or if I don't have that flamboyantly gay accent (no offense to real homosexuals), or if I stand up for myself and others when someone creates a threatening/drama-filled scene, I'm seen as a effin stereotypical thug of the "typical black bum" by most other non-black broads!

All the while, I can do all of the benevolent-manly and authentically-alpha things like build a house, fix a car, stand up for my friends and GF/spouse, and work out to get ripped, but yet to most black broads, if I don't look like I just got out of the slammer or if I don't look like the "rapper of the month," I'm just as effeminate as the chick on the cover or Glamour Magazine, if not worse. And yet the "wannabe-gangsta boys" who are in reality more effeminate than most women are yet seen as the "Paragon of the Modern-Day Masculine American Male." And to the non-black broads, don't think you're innocent of this, for in the place of the "poser thug," you have the trust-fund spoiled preppies, overly tanned and gelled g**dos, and trailer trash stereotypical hicks.

It's garbage like this that makes me have to "reserve my masculinity" and hence causes this passive-aggressive BS all of you broads complain about today. And if this particular situation is something regional related (which I have a fairly good feeling it is, particularly within the "enlightened" BosWash corridor), somebody please reaffirm me a place where men can still be men can be men (and not get seen as a creep/pervert or caught up with the double-standard race crap) and women will still appreciate it. I'm looking at you Colorado and Texas.

And if you don't like what I'm saying, PROVE ME WRONG!

Old 01-26-2010, 03:02 PM

622 posts, read 1,280,351 times
Quote:

So so so true.. all of it

Old 01-26-2010, 04:14 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llratke View Post
Why don't men pursue women anymore?
From personal experience, it's because my GF wouldn't appreciate it much.

I've been all hers since a few months after she picked me up in a salsa bar.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:44 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,719,893 times
Quote:

Good observation. With the increasing number of boys who grow up in single parent households without fathers, who is going to nurture their masculinity? Western society is in serious trouble.

The gender roles have been reversed. Women are becoming more masculine and men are becoming more feminine. The very nucleous of society is being destroyed because the family unity is and has been falling apart ever since feminism entered into our society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships