Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2016, 12:24 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times

Advertisements

God's promise to the lost ten tribes, not Judah, but when God would betroth himself to gentiles, one day those gentiles become one with Judah, but first Messiah comes to betroth himself to those people who sat in darkness for 700 years.

God's Mercy to Israel
14Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfortably unto her.
15And I will give her her vineyards from thence, and the valley of Achor for a door of hope: and she shall sing there, as in the days of her youth, and as in the day when she came up out of the land of Egypt.
16And it shall be at that day, saith the LORD, that thou shalt call me Ishi; and shalt call me no more Baali.
17For I will take away the names of Baalim out of her mouth, and they shall no more be remembered by their name.
18And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.
19And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.
20I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD.
21And it shall come to pass in that day, I will hear, saith the LORD, I will hear the heavens, and they shall hear the earth;
22And the earth shall hear the corn, and the wine, and the oil; and they shall hear Jezreel.
23And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.

In the place where it was said to them.'' Ye are not my people, in the same place it is said to them, '' Ye are the sons of God.''

This is Jezreel, it has nothing to do with Judah, it is the promise to the ten lost tribes who became gentiles into the nations 700 years before Jesus came to betroth them to himself.

What must a Christian do to return in order to obtain the promises spoken to the lost Ephraim?

He must reject his Pagan ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 12:51 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,588,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Then why come here and make a comment?...

Because I believe what I believe but when you really get down to it that's just my personal beliefs .

And it's no skin off my nose what some other person believe , that's just their personal beliefs.

Old 06-29-2016, 10:18 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,150,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
And... the points concerning the first murderer being Cain?
P.S. Not sure if your are a Jehovah Witnedd, but if so... they certainly are anti-Semitic.
Cain was the first human murderer. Satan is not human, yes I am aware that some think Satan is not real but others no less than Jesus did. John 8:44 not only quotes Jesus as identifying Satan as a murderer but also as the father of the lie. How was Satan the father of the lie? The book of Genesis tells us. Genesis 2:16,17, " God also gave this command to the man: “From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die.”

Satan through manipulation of a serpent however says in Genesis 3:3,4, "But God has said about the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden:‘You must not eat from it, no, you must not touch it; otherwise you will die.’” At this the serpent said to the woman: “You certainly will not die."

Adam and Eve died. Hence the first lie. Thus Jesus rightly describes Satan as the father of the lie.

I have already quoted Deuteronomy 32:4 in which Moses describes the true God. Thus Satan cannot be a servant or creation of God because that would contradict what Moses wrote. 2 Sam 2:31 also states "The way of the true God is perfect." However, Satan is a liar and a murderer thus he is not a servant or instrument of the perfect and just God. Satan is also described as a real being. Job 1:6-12, "Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before Jehovah, and Satan came also among them. 7 And Jehovah said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered Jehovah, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. 8 And Jehovah said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? 9 Then Satan answered Jehovah, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought? 10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land. 11 But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face. 12 And Jehovah said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of Jehovah. -Divine Names King James Bible.

God is not having a conversation with himself.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:11 AM

3,483 posts, read 4,046,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
Cain was the first human murderer. Satan is not human, yes I am aware that some think Satan is not real but others no less than Jesus did. John 8:44 not only quotes Jesus as identifying Satan as a murderer but also as the father of the lie. How was Satan the father of the lie? The book of Genesis tells us. Genesis 2:16,17, " God also gave this command to the man: “From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die.”

Satan through manipulation of a serpent however says in Genesis 3:3,4, "But God has said about the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden:‘You must not eat from it, no, you must not touch it; otherwise you will die.’” At this the serpent said to the woman: “You certainly will not die."

Adam and Eve died. Hence the first lie. Thus Jesus rightly describes Satan as the father of the lie.

I have already quoted Deuteronomy 32:4 in which Moses describes the true God. Thus Satan cannot be a servant or creation of God because that would contradict what Moses wrote. 2 Sam 2:31 also states "The way of the true God is perfect." However, Satan is a liar and a murderer thus he is not a servant or instrument of the perfect and just God. Satan is also described as a real being. Job 1:6-12, "Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before Jehovah, and Satan came also among them. 7 And Jehovah said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered Jehovah, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. 8 And Jehovah said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? 9 Then Satan answered Jehovah, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought? 10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land. 11 But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face. 12 And Jehovah said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of Jehovah. -Divine Names King James Bible.

God is not having a conversation with himself.
Yikes.
Nowhere in the Hebrew Bible does it identify a diabolical figure known as "Satan" as being present in the Garden or manipulating the serpent in any way. The serpent is clearly responsible for it's own actions.
As for the "Satan" in the Book of Job, it's not a personal name. It's a common noun used as a title: "the satan". This is clear from the Hebrew text, or a good accurate translation. See my previous comments in this thread. No need to repeat them.

There's no need to add imaginative things to the text of the Hebrew Bible. It speaks fairly clearly. And there's also no need to re-write the text of the Hebrew Bible from the viewpoint of a Greek New Testament author.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Yikes.
Nowhere in the Hebrew Bible does it identify a diabolical figure known as "Satan" as being present in the Garden or manipulating the serpent in any way. The serpent is clearly responsible for it's own actions.
As for the "Satan" in the Book of Job, it's not a personal name. It's a common noun used as a title: "the satan". This is clear from the Hebrew text, or a good accurate translation. See my previous comments in this thread. No need to repeat them.

There's no need to add imaginative things to the text of the Hebrew Bible. It speaks fairly clearly. And there's also no need to re-write the text of the Hebrew Bible from the viewpoint of a Greek New Testament author.

No that's not true....

Old 06-30-2016, 01:41 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
No that's not true....
Yes it is.......

Old 06-30-2016, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Yikes.

Serpents or snakes do not speak to people , however demon Spirits do. sATAN just happened to be the chief Archangel STAR demon spirit .

The Hebrew word for serpent is (Nashash) Which Means SHINING ONE.

Which sound like sATAN Before he was kicked out
of HEAVEN.

Thaattt was a Shining Light Demon Spirit Talking To Eve and not a snake in the grass!!!

Old 06-30-2016, 05:41 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
Serpents or snakes do not speak to people , however demon Spirits do. sATAN just happened to be the chief Archangel STAR demon spirit .

By who's design?

Old 06-30-2016, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
By who's design?
By the design of sATAN , God or rather more precisely Jesus said that sATAN was the gOD of this world ( after the fall of mankind).

When JESUS was Resurrected from the grave ( He
Took sATAN Postion away from him) and gave it to Mankind that made a decision to Follow Him JESUS the Christ.

Old 07-01-2016, 12:38 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
By the design of sATAN , God or rather more precisely Jesus said that sATAN was the gOD of this world ( after the fall of mankind).

When JESUS was Resurrected from the grave ( He
Took sATAN Postion away from him) and gave it to Mankind that made a decision to Follow Him JESUS the Christ.
That's not accurate...So...You're stating that it was 2000 years ago that G-d decided to contact man and let him know that He existed?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality