Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2016, 12:24 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You can NOT reason with unreasoning credulity, Rafius!! It is not possible!! Do you actually think you could reason with someone who would fly a plane into a building expecting 72 virgins to meet him in heaven can be reasoned with????
lol @ "unreasoning credulity"

Talk about stuff made for the dumb sheeple

https://youtu.be/v-27FGbpBk4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 12:54 AM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
You can NOT reason with unreasoning credulity, Rafius!! It is not possible!! Do you actually think you could reason with someone who would fly a plane into a building expecting 72 virgins to meet him in heaven? How can he be reasoned with????
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
lol @ "unreasoning credulity"
Talk about stuff made for the dumb sheeple
https://youtu.be/v-27FGbpBk4
The only sheeple were the morons who flew into the buildings expecting virgins. The World Trade Center, especially Building Seven, was the repository of massive information and secrets, governmental, economic, intelligence and otherwise. Once they were compromised, those secrets and that information became vulnerable. That is why the buildings had to be totally demolished. They undoubtedly had been rigged for just such a situation after the first Trade Center attempt. They could not risk any of the information and secrets getting into the wrong hands. That you think the deliberate demolitions somehow negate the original evil suicide morons' attacks is pathetic.

Old 07-24-2016, 12:59 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
Not sure what faiths have u been reading? But in my faith, children and babies (regardless of their faith) go to paradise, no question asked. .
That had nothing to do with what I said.

To go back to what we were discussing. Do you understand where you have the wrong end of the stick? You are seeing a scenario where I am aware of what has been planned for me and I'm deliberately trying to chose something else in order to outfox the omnimax deity and prove it wrong. That is not the scenario. I have no idea of what the deity has planned for me, non whatsoever. Only the deity knows. So with that in mind:

I am walking down the road. I come to a fork in the road. The deity knows through the predetermination of my life before I was born, that I will take the right fork. Can I make a 'free-will' decision to take the left fork?

Quote:
Are you a kid by any chance?
No. A kid is a baby goat. Nor am I a child. By the tenor of your posts, I'm probably old enough to be your grand-father.

Old 07-24-2016, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Not sure what faiths have u been reading? But in my faith, children and babies (regardless of their faith) go to paradise, no question asked. .
...and what 'faith' would that be?

Old 07-24-2016, 01:02 AM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
...and what 'faith' would that be?
Think Trade Center attacks.

Old 07-24-2016, 01:10 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times
Quote:
The only sheeple were the morons who flew into the buildings expecting virgins. The World Trade Center, especially Building Seven, was the repository of massive information and secrets, governmental, economic, intelligence and otherwise. Once they were compromised, those secrets and that information became vulnerable. That is why the buildings had to be totally demolished. They undoubtedly had been rigged for just such a situation after the first Trade Center attempt. They could not risk any of the information and secrets getting into the wrong hands. That you think the deliberate demolitions somehow negate the original evil suicide morons' attacks is pathetic.
That's quite an inner scoop, isn't it?
I recommend this important piece of information to be included in the official govt report v2, with the approval of Larry Silverstein of course.

By the way, thanks for the update. I didn't know Larry also overlooks and has the total authority over the "repository of massive information and secrets, governmental, economic, intelligence and otherwise." And the demolition could be all be pre-planned months before 9/11 to be brought down at his two words order "pull it"

na na boo boo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QcE5aDTszrY

Old 07-24-2016, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Think Trade Center attacks.
Thanks. Odd that he doesn't seem to want to disclose that. He's going to have a hell of a shock when he gets to his 'paradise' and discovers that it's not virgins but grapes.

Old 07-24-2016, 01:39 AM

Quote:
I have repeatedly said it, this short life is an opportunity to make choices based on free will, so we should use our intelligence, our logic and our common sense to do our own research, and try to make the right choices.

And in the end, we will be responsible for choices that were based on free will.
...and this Hadith?

'Verily the creation of each one of you is brought together in his mother’s belly for forty days in the form of a seed, then he is a clot of blood for a like period, then a morsel of flesh for a like period, then an angel is sent to him who blows the breath of life into him and who is commanded about four matters: to write down his means of livelihood, his life span, his actions, and whether he will be happy or wretched....'

Please explain how you can have a free-will choice to do other than what the 'angel' has pre-determined for you.

If Allah has determined that your livelihood will be a plumber can you choose to be a carpenter?
If Allah has determined that you will be rich can you choose to be poor?
If Allah has determined that your life span will be 70 years, can you live until you are 90?
If Allah has determined your actions can you choose to do different actions?
If Allah has determined that you will be wretched, can you make the choice to be happy?

So you see, despite your claim that your god does not pre-determine your life, your own holy book says otherwise...on at least FOUR of the main factors of your life.

You're busted!

Old 07-24-2016, 05:52 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
By the way, yes, I get that things happen that are out of our control. All the time. That's yet another part of the Problem of Evil, but thank you for bringing it up.
I like Peter Venkman's answer to the problem of evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQHSXwHpKpk

Old 07-24-2016, 06:26 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
Yes, there are indeed things that are pre-determined and we can't do much about it, but for the most part in our lives, we do have the choice to go right or left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Seriously think this out please,

If your god, like you said, has predetermine something that requires me you go right for it to happen, do I posses the "free will" to go left if i choose?

If so how does that impact gods predetermined plan?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality