Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2019, 01:17 PM

8,662 posts, read 3,863,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
we all hate injustice. But I think if we focus on the injustice and not the hate we have a better chance of sorting things out.
I couldn’t agree more!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 01:20 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
And this is what I am noting...relative to the question asked in the title of the thread.
This forum is "Religion and Spirituality"...so, it would figure that people would come on and discuss their theological persuasions and the tenets thereof.
Many times they have AntiReligionists getting on their case...insulting and mocking them. I have seen it all here...Religious Belief is a mental illness, Believers are deluded and ignorant people, tell them if they get sick or in an accident--do not call Paramedics or go to a Dr.--just pray and ask for healing, etc, etc, etc.
Just look at the threads! Put up as simply to bash and criticize in the worst way.
Though my twisted character digs the ripping and clawing and finds it amusing.
I'm just sayin that the reason for many to be on a board like this, is to get on the case of people that embrace and endorse the title subject of the Forum.
And it's not like they do not have a forum dedicated strictly to their point of view, yet they need an area to be indignant about diverse views.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:58 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
most atheists only think that some of the things that religions say are wacky. You do understand that atheist that believe we are part of a larger more complex system that resembles the traits of life more than non-life out number the-deny-everything- due- to- a- fear- of- religion sect of atheism right?

Most atheist really would agree that if we can discuss law without "god said so" we can live together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Great post!
Concur!

Old 02-20-2019, 06:26 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,861,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
What IS lame is that:

1) if you had bothered to investigate this for yourself, this video has been refuted so often by actual historians and scientists it does not need us to do this again.

2) I refuted this video last year after Pneuma spent 3 weeks writing a load of dishonest rubbish about Josephus, and included this video. I took 5 hours to refute his whole 3 weeks work (and that included my midday meal and taking my grandmothers dog for a walk).

3) Many people are not expert enough to spot the astronomical and science errors in the video.

4) You are presuming everyone bothers to read your posts or can be bothered to respond. I only saw your post because someone else responded to it. And it was not Arach, so THAT statement of yours is false.

5) Poisoning the well and straw men are fallacies.

6) If you really want people to respond, why do you not start your own thread? I will definitely give you more history and science than you may have wanted.
Thanks for the offer, but please don't go to the trouble. This was plentiful enough.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:51 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,320,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Arach is the only one who's even responded to it. Everyone else is pretending they don't understand it. I can't explain it any more clearly than I have.

The official response from skeptics is: Pretending it will be forgotten.

And that is the official skeptics position 24 hours later, after clearly noting the video. Very lame.
What does that mean? My response it was cool but not significant and I indicated why.

Old 02-21-2019, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
What does that mean? My response it was cool but not significant and I indicated why.
It was a good response. I was exaggerating, unfortunately.

But I just remember something about the clip really struck me when I first saw it. It was really weird even if you don't buy into the astrological stuff, which I don't personally.

Old 02-21-2019, 04:08 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
It was a good response. I was exaggerating, unfortunately.

But I just remember something about the clip really struck me when I first saw it. It was really weird even if you don't buy into the astrological stuff, which I don't personally.
yeah, I am guilty of using a shot gun sometimes my self. Its a work in progress. I am trying not to use the words always, never, nobody, everybody. I fail

It was weird because he completely misrepresented what what he was doing. If I lied to you would say "thats weird". Listen ozzy, you drift a bit, but you know that. You also have some good stuff.

Old 02-21-2019, 04:18 AM

Quote:
yeah, I am guilty of using a shot gun sometimes my self. Its a work in progress. I am trying not to use the words always, never, nobody, everybody. I fail

It was weird because he completely misrepresented what what he was doing. If I lied to you would say "thats weird". Listen ozzy, you drift a bit, but you know that. You also have some good stuff.
Some of the atheists on this forum use such extremist language, it begins to have an effect on everyone else. To me, they sound like religious extremists. Their influence is the reason for the bad form that is used so often in these discussions. The stuff they say seems so extreme and meaningless at the same time, that others can't help but begin to use extreme language also.

Old 02-21-2019, 05:01 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Some of the atheists on this forum use such extremist language, it begins to have an effect on everyone else. To me, they sound like religious extremists. Their influence is the reason for the bad form that is used so often in these discussions. The stuff they say seems so extreme and meaningless at the same time, that others can't help but begin to use extreme language also.
thats exactly it. But we need to test that claim, Anchor that position in using personality types as describe in and psychology book. Do some personalty types respond in similar ways even when they have different beliefs.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:08 AM

16,770 posts, read 4,977,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
And this is what I am noting...relative to the question asked in the title of the thread.
This forum is "Religion and Spirituality"...so, it would figure that people would come on and discuss their theological persuasions and the tenets thereof.
Many times they have AntiReligionists getting on their case...insulting and mocking them. I have seen it all here...Religious Belief is a mental illness, Believers are deluded and ignorant people, tell them if they get sick or in an accident--do not call Paramedics or go to a Dr.--just pray and ask for healing, etc, etc, etc.
Just look at the threads! Put up as simply to bash and criticize in the worst way.
Though my twisted character digs the ripping and clawing and finds it amusing.
I'm just sayin that the reason for many to be on a board like this, is to get on the case of people that embrace and endorse the title subject of the Forum.
You forgot the science, the logic, the history. But do not let facts get in the way of your invention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality