Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2019, 08:09 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
I don’t believe in ‘God’; and yet, I absolutely agree with you.
You agree with this BS?

Goldie only posts rubbish because he wants atheists to respond. I believe the English call it a wind up merchant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 08:10 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
1/2 true. These discussion tend to bleed over into the other areas of our lives. And you do it too. I mean, I agree with you, there are people here that judge what I say about god based on economics and ignore the science.

When i first got into the net I though it was just about describing the universe and how it works. I thought doing that would end the type of god that some literal people teach to. I had no idea it was about "anti-god" and "stop religion at all cost.' for some atheist.
Please provide an example of this behavior. When discussing world-religions, there's really never any need for the discussions to become personal... just admit you have no interest in the topic besides eliminating it, and move on.

Old 02-20-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Arach is the only one who's even responded to it. Everyone else is pretending they don't understand it. I can't explain it any more clearly than I have.

The official response from skeptics is: Pretending it will be forgotten.

And that is the official skeptics position 24 hours later, after clearly noting the video. Very lame.
What IS lame is that:

1) if you had bothered to investigate this for yourself, this video has been refuted so often by actual historians and scientists it does not need us to do this again.

2) I refuted this video last year after Pneuma spent 3 weeks writing a load of dishonest rubbish about Josephus, and included this video. I took 5 hours to refute his whole 3 weeks work (and that included my midday meal and taking my grandmothers dog for a walk).

3) Many people are not expert enough to spot the astronomical and science errors in the video.

4) You are presuming everyone bothers to read your posts or can be bothered to respond. I only saw your post because someone else responded to it. And it was not Arach, so THAT statement of yours is false.

5) Poisoning the well and straw men are fallacies.

6) If you really want people to respond, why do you not start your own thread? I will definitely give you more history and science than you may have wanted.

Old 02-20-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Doesn't mean it's not cool. Stars are my favorite parts of Christmas decorations.
Then a third nativity story, just for you.

Now the virginity of Mary was hidden from the Prince of this world, as was also her offspring, and the death of the Lord; three mysteries of renown, which were wrought in silence by God. How, then, was He manifested to the world? A star shone forth in heaven above all the other stars, the light of which was inexpressible, while its novelty struck men with astonishment. And all the rest of the stars, with the sun and moon, formed a chorus to this star, and its light was exceedingly great above them all. And there was agitation felt as to whence this new spectacle came, so unlike everything else above. Hence every kind of magic was destroyed, and every bond of wickedness disappeared, ignorance was removed, and the old kingdom abolished, when God appeared in human form for the renewal of eternal life.

Ignatius, Letter to the Ephesians 19

Old 02-20-2019, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Valid points - and this is why the atheists who choose to mock or constantly point out ‘faults’ based on facts will never accomplish anything except boost their own superiority complex. There is so much emotion, history, tradition, value, etc. embedded in Christian beliefs, it transcends ‘logic’ - and they have a right to believe or feel as they wish in their private lives, anyway. Atheism could be a lot more ‘accepted’ (and gain traction) if the goal was to educate and keep religion out of schools, government, etc. rather than threatening people’s level of intelligence with insults or their right to believe what they choose. Priorities.
Priorities indeed. We have them, unlike your straw man view of atheists.

Old 02-20-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
wtf?
Gabfest (noun), an incorrect opinion presented as fact.

Old 02-20-2019, 08:32 AM

50,837 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
You guys have turned a relocation discussion forum into an unwarranted support group and pseudo-platform for your brand of social-justice.
It's always interesting to me that there are people who are not in favor of social justice. Particularly christians who don't recognize that their leader was, perhaps, the ultimate social justice warrior.

Old 02-20-2019, 08:32 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
It's a debate for you, a discussion for others. Spamming every thread against novice posters with "How could anyone believe this or that? I don't believe it! You're dishonest! etc." and getting personal, is not winning any debate and actually would not be allowed in any debate of substance. What we have here is: special pleadings, emotional appeals, insults, and unwarranted-posturing.
And we also have a self-righteous fence-sitter who likes to point out the flaws in everybody beneath him.

Old 02-20-2019, 08:41 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
And we also have a self-righteous fence-sitter who likes to point out the flaws in everybody beneath him.
I'm not a fence-sitter and I see no need to declare any sides on religion and spirituality forum. It's if some of you are reliving jr. high-school all over again, or perhaps never intellectually grew out of that phase in the first place.

Old 02-20-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
I'm not a fence-sitter and I see no need to declare any sides on religion and spirituality forum. It's if some of you are reliving jr. high-school all over again, or perhaps never intellectually grew out of that phase in the first place.
Yet you are the one throwing punches at every one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality