Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2019, 08:30 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
The issue is atheism and how some lose sight of the bigger picture, because they are are too blindsided by anger over individual beliefs in a forum which, at the end of the day, means nothing. Keeping religion out of government and the schools - means everything.
If the forum means "nothing", why are you participating so much in it?

And the reason religion seeps into our schools -- slowly but surely -- is that parents (not the government) try to put pressure on schools to feature their religion as the religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 08:42 PM

8,659 posts, read 3,863,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
If the forum means "nothing", why are you participating so much in it?

And the reason religion seeps into our schools -- slowly but surely -- is that parents (not the government) try to put pressure on schools to feature their religion as the religion.
I never said the forum meant ‘nothing’; I said that coercing individual religious beliefs in a forum means nothing.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:47 PM

Quote:
The issue is atheism and how some lose sight of the bigger picture, because they are are too blindsided by anger over individual beliefs in a forum which, at the end of the day, means nothing. Keeping religion out of government and the schools - means everything.
Anger over individual beliefs in a forum - not the forum itself - means nothing.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:51 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
I never said the forum meant ‘nothing’; I said that coercing individual religious beliefs in a forum means nothing.
You said, "...in a forum which, at the end of the day, means nothing".

Old 02-19-2019, 09:00 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,649,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
You just described mind control G.

Are you still spouting that (what by now 12 year old study///your facts are as fresh as a Foghat concert)? Well it would be believers doing the hating* then wouldn't it? They also didn't want their daughter to marry a black man so consider the source.

*the study said least trusted but G likes his clickbait
Yeah, Kiddo...I know.
One of my many, "Cut & Paste an old post for the 10th time, tweak a few words, and hit *Submit*". Something I do when going over old ground with someone new to me.
I like "mind control"...or, at least, mind manipulation. Religion is incredible at that...better than anything. Though sex and money are real close.

Old 02-19-2019, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You said, "...in a forum which, at the end of the day, means nothing".
If my sentence was not articulated as well as it should have been for clear understanding, then I apologize. But I already reiterated what I meant - it’s the anger over individual beliefs (in the forum) which means nothing.

Keeping religion out of our schools and government - means everything.

Old 02-19-2019, 09:30 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Speaking for myself, I find all the anger on the Christian side. I see the complaining about the way we argue is simply an effort to find something to complain about, as the argument about what we are doing and why we are doing it has been done over. It is now only about the way we are doing it. Being cool and good humoured about it gets us no consideration from the believers.

Old 02-19-2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Speaking for myself, I find all the anger on the Christian side. I see the complaining about the way we argue is simply an effort to find something to complain about, as the argument about what we are doing and why we are doing it has been done over. It is now only about the way we are doing it. Being cool and good humoured about it gets us no consideration from the believers.
Fair enough - though I’m not suggesting anyone be good humored about it. To the contrary, keeping religion out of the schools and our government is a passionate issue.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:02 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,023 times
Quote:
Fair enough - though I’m not suggesting anyone be good humored about it. To the contrary, keeping religion out of the schools and our government is a passionate issue.
It's an out of sight, out of mind type situation. Controlling the conservations here makes some feel as though they are impacting the world, thou, in reality, they are just driving the conversations elsewhere as to keep the topics here mostly secular or anti. If it's not in my backyard it doesn't exist.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:10 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,320,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
it's an out of sight, out of mind type situation. controlling the conservations here makes some feel as though they are impacting the world, thou, in reality, they are just driving the conversations elsewhere as to keep the topics here mostly secular or anti. If it's not in my backyard it doesn't exist.
wtf?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality