Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2019, 02:22 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times

Advertisements

lmao, they pulling out the victim role again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2019, 02:38 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,656,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lmao, they pulling out the victim role again.
Which I find as amusing as the insults and mocking.
If it wasn't for the Militant Atheists...this board would be a big yawn, IMO.

Old 02-22-2019, 02:48 PM

8,673 posts, read 3,876,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I'm not sure what you mean. I tend to think that personality is one of the sorts of things that makes a person either a theist or atheist. At one point I thought you had said that, but maybe I am mistaken.
It’s not personality, in my opinion. It’s whether someone believes in God or not. Now whether they voice not believing in a God or not, yeah - I can see where personality could be a factor.

Old 02-22-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
yup, they don't understand that its not about staying quite or sitting back. Its about describing the universe in the best terms we can.

The best descriptor I have seen for the system people are in is "life". These atheist try the victim card, like they are the poor little victims here, to avoid confronting the real issue of describing the system the best we can and then applying the same rigor to our claims as we do to theists.

you are right. This board would go out of business.CNN and FOX are in the business of making money. They knowingly use the zealot to make money. I wouldn't be surprised if they had weekly meeting with each other.

And the dopey zealots (on both sides) bite ... hook line ... and sink-us-all.

Old 02-22-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I'm not sure what you mean. I tend to think that personality is one of the sorts of things that makes a person either a theist or atheist. At one point I thought you had said that, but maybe I am mistaken.
Yeah, believing in god or not isn't what i was really addressing. I was focusing more on the expression of the belief. basically I am saying that rational believers and non believers will settle the issue of the universe pretty quickly. reasonable people understand its about traits we assign to the universe and not weather we believe in god or not.

Personality types seem to play more of a role in how people express a belief . For example, How would a Cluster B personality express their atheism or theism?

1) Get a blank piece of pare. put a blank line at top labeled "thread title". you will see why after the table is complete.

2) List the personality traits down the left side of a piece of paper. Use 4 to 8, that's all you need to see the big picture. You can, if you want, do more, like yungs stuff. we can also vary the outcome using addict, abused,and mental illness. but it is not necessary keep it simple.

3) then, set two columns, one with theist, and one with atheist. You can vary the chart to predict far left and far right also. or ex-christian and born again. whatever

4) make copy of your blank table and use the blanks with the tread title as the conditional change. Then fill in the columns with how you think people with cretian personality types would reply to the tread. test and retest using other people and professional in the field.

5) conclusion:

warning ... you can't un-understand once you understand.
They killed jesus because he couldn't.

Old 02-22-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
It’s not personality, in my opinion. It’s whether someone believes in God or not. Now whether they voice not believing in a God or not, yeah - I can see where personality could be a factor.
exactly. personality types are the better predictor of how the belief is expressed better than weather they believe or not.

cluster-B's are the problem, not weather a person believes or not. IMO.

where I disagree with trans is that I am not changing how the universe works because cluster-b's make a bigger mess using religion. I keep a well oiled police force for cluster-B's.

Old 02-23-2019, 10:06 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
What I find amusing is Arach's way -off posts and how you (and Mystic thumb them up without caring what they actually say. Just because it is anti us. We do know that you profess just stirring things up and seeing a row. But I think that's just a pose. You only do your own rows. Jesus, I remember the block capital capering about blowing raspberries and looking a complete twerp and acting like you embarrassing atheism rather than yourself. I don't remember you enabling rows and wrangles very much.

No, I thinks that's a pose of yours and it's really down to the same motivation as Arach - hatred of atheist. And I think for the same reason.

I'll say this for Mystic - he opposes us for honest reaxsons: he believes in a god and we don't. You and Arach just hate us.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:17 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,872,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
What I find amusing is Arach's way -off posts and how you (and Mystic thumb them up without caring what they actually say. Just because it is anti us. We do know that you profess just stirring things up and seeing a row. But I think that's just a pose. You only do your own rows. Jesus, I remember the block capital capering about blowing raspberries and looking a complete twerp and acting like you embarrassing atheism rather than yourself. I don't remember you enabling rows and wrangles very much.

No, I thinks that's a pose of yours and it's really down to the same motivation as Arach - hatred of atheist. And I think for the same reason.

I'll say this for Mystic - he opposes us for honest reaxsons: he believes in a god and we don't. You and Arach just hate us.
Hatred of atheists in general?

You know that's not true. Stop it. Even now you are misrepresenting what is going on.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post

actually ... i am pretty close to top dead center. that's why you have to make up things like this. lmao ... yeah, you are paid, by somebody, to post. Its the only explanation to post this utter nonsense post.

I clearly do not "hate" a belief in no god. I don't believe in god. What you are fighting is me calling you out for basing your conclusions on a statement of belief about god. You don't like that I don't care about a statement of belief about god. I only care about how the universe works and/or what seems to work for humans (as in the human animal as a whole)

You also don't like that I will not screw everybody because I think CEO's and oil company's can be big fat jerks. basically, you do not like how i can separate my emotion from the situation and evaluate your claim.

you know, with people like us around, your less valid claims are just that ... less valid.

But all that doesn't matter. I am fairly certain you are paid to post. your post here is just utter nonsense.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:28 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
But all that doesn't matter. I am fairly certain you are paid to post. your post here is just utter nonsense.
If he was being paid to post, I guess it's so much $ per word.

(And, no I don't believe it)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality