Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2022, 03:58 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
You do.
Not true. That is a false claim.
In all the years I've been here I've never started a thread...and only respond to what others post.
And just look at my posting rate compared to most others (yours is over double mine)...I only respond to a fraction of what they put up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2022, 04:16 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times
Quote:
Are you talking about atheists or other Christians?
We are all equally disrespectful, opinionated, and dogmatic.

But in this csse I was referring to those in the atheist forum who seem to believe no religious opinions are allowed from theists, just atheists.

Old 07-08-2022, 04:36 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
We are all equally disrespectful, opinionated, and dogmatic.

But in this csse I was referring to those in the atheist forum who seem to believe no religious opinions are allowed from theists, just atheists.
I would say we're all idiots and we enjoy arguing to what degree but that's close enough. The Christianity forum has the premise that God exists. It's off-topic there to question God's existence. For some reason, the Atheism forum gets many believers arguing for God's existence. I don't mind that tho.

Old 07-08-2022, 04:37 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gldnrule View Post
not true. That is a false claim.
In all the years i've been here i've never started a thread...and only respond to what others post.
And just look at my posting rate compared to most others (yours is over double mine)...i only respond to a fraction of what they put up.
nogoddah

Old 07-08-2022, 05:58 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times
Quote:
I would say we're all idiots and we enjoy arguing to what degree but that's close enough. The Christianity forum has the premise that God exists. It's off-topic there to question God's existence. For some reason, the Atheism forum gets many believers arguing for God's existence. I don't mind that tho.
It really doesnt bother me either. That is anyone stating their opinions or beliefs on any forum. Provided it was not intentionally harmful.

It's what I percieve as a double standard, if not intolerance of divergant beliefs that irritates my senses.

Old 07-08-2022, 05:58 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
nogoddah
Nope...that's not a initiation, that is a response...to the mocking Atheist inventions of Flying Spaghetti Monster and Invisible Pink Unicorn, and the thousands of posts claiming Believers appeal to "Evil Sky Daddy" and all the other nasty references to the Deities of Religions.

You musta forgotten this from the past:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/47926655-post283.html

It was this kind of response:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/61410618-post620.html

We have been over this before...
https://www.city-data.com/forum/61412002-post625.html

Old 07-08-2022, 06:49 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
How do you feel joy with that huge list of grievances you are carrying around? It a message board for crying out loud. You can't get over it here then how do you function in real time? Why don't you let Jesus carry that burden for you.
bold above is a valid question for the atheists here on CD who carry that huuuuuuuuge list of grievances many looooooooooooooong decades waaaaaaaaaay after they say they left religion.

Old 07-08-2022, 06:59 PM

50,810 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
bold above is a valid question for the atheists here on CD who carry that huuuuuuuuge list of grievances many looooooooooooooong decades waaaaaaaaaay after they say they left religion.
Things will change when the religious learn to stay in their own lane...which, at least regarding christians, will never happen.

Old 07-08-2022, 07:13 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Nope...that's not a initiation, that is a response...to the mocking Atheist inventions of Flying Spaghetti Monster and Invisible Pink Unicorn, and the thousands of posts claiming Believers appeal to "Evil Sky Daddy" and all the other nasty references to the Deities of Religions.
Christians tell atheists that God is going to send them to hell. Religionists tell atheists they are responsible for evil in the world. Religionists tell atheists they are the most "disliked" people in the world. Religionists tell atheists they are immoral. Religionists tell atheists that they "hate" God. Religionists tell atheists that they are atheists only because "they want to sin"...

Why should atheists have any respect for religion or Gods considering all that?

Old 07-08-2022, 07:22 PM

50,810 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Christians tell atheists that God is going to send them to hell. Religionists tell atheists they are responsible for evil in the world. Religionists tell atheists they are the most "disliked" people in the world. Religionists tell atheists they are immoral. Religionists tell atheists that they "hate" God. Religionists tell atheists that they are atheists only because "they want to sin"...

Why should atheists have any respect for religion or Gods considering all that?
Because they're special!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality