Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2022, 10:40 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
No, no...can say "cult". That's against the TOS.
Much to my displeasure...because Atheism is one, if there ever was.
Figures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2022, 10:42 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,655,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
What does "staying in a lane look like"?
No directly contesting or criticizing Faith and Beliefs expressed by others.
Promoted your own...don't denigrate those of another.

Old 07-08-2022, 10:43 AM

Quote:
No directly contesting or criticizing Faith and Beliefs expressed by others.
Promoted your own...don't denigrate those of another.
Hmmm... you're going to have to show me. If you "stayed in your own lane" as regards atheist what would that look like?

Old 07-08-2022, 11:00 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No, "knocking on doors" means "knocking on doors". "Posting on the internet" means "posting on the internet".
Militantly posting on the internet. One is not a true atheist if you are not posting while wearing camo pants, while caressing your Heckler and Koch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Except atheism.
By accept and tolerate, he means bashes and mocks them as he tells them they are wrong, just like atheists do.

Old 07-08-2022, 11:03 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
I just recognized the embrace of "NOGODAH".
I will now accept and tolerate the reverence of the Atheist Religion and its Deity, The Great and Exalted NOGODAH.
As long as they "stay in their own lane" ...
Our lane is responding to religious claims. All you are doing is trying to keep us quiet with your constant sand pounding and spitting into the wind.

Quote:
... and do not criticize and/or insult other views/Beliefs.
They can & should preach and promote their own views...but no slamming of others. That's not cool...and will be called out.
It will also be called out whether we do that or not; whereas your criticism and insulting of other religions (you are doing exactly the same as atheists when you say they are wrong) will be tolerated.

The only difference between us and you (apart from our better English) is our metaphorical hand grenades are not sugar coated.

Old 07-08-2022, 11:27 AM

On the Christainty forum I stated that I believe the further away from our own standards we go the weaker we become. Atheist are drawing you away from that Gman. Seriously, don't give us that much power. We don't deserve it.

Old 07-08-2022, 11:48 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,680,560 times
Get back on topic. Why do sceptics and atheists post on this and other

Old 07-08-2022, 12:30 PM

20,013 posts, read 13,491,416 times
That a necro-thread was resurrected after over 100 pages of posts and I'm guessing answering the OP's question about as many times, says that the resurrector has a preconceived answer and will not accept anything but complete and total capitulation to that answer.

It also says that any way they can possibly hog the bandwidth here with their disingenuous "asking" the same question after it's already been answered, is part of their strategy to distract and deflect, seeing as how they have no actual supportable argument of their own. Let's heckle from every possible direction and claim it as a win!

Do proceed!

Old 07-08-2022, 12:50 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,168,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Get back on topic. Why do sceptics and atheists post on this and other
I'll bite. Because they can and should. Their views are equally as valid as anyone else's. That's what makes the world go round; different ways, different views, different insights or opinions of the universe and reality. It'd be a boring stagnant hell if we all thought the same.

I'd go on to say that there's just as much religion in atheism and fighting for that view/cause, as with the feverish variety of theists. We have people with opinion on either side, and then we have those hardcore folks at the extremes of either side who act and operate much the same. They never can rest for simple disagreement, and it becomes personal, emotional, and often militant. That's when talk breaks down and it digresses to a lower level.

Old 07-08-2022, 01:01 PM

7,596 posts, read 4,165,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
I'll bite. Because they can and should. Their views are equally as valid as anyone else's. That's what makes the world go round; different ways, different views, different insights or opinions of the universe and reality. It'd be a boring stagnant hell if we all thought the same.

I'd go on to say that there's just as much religion in atheism and fighting for that view/cause, as with the feverish variety of theists. We have people with opinion on either side, and then we have those hardcore folks at the extremes of either side who act and operate much the same. They never can rest for simple disagreement, and it becomes personal, emotional, and often militant. That's when talk breaks down and it digresses to a lower level.
This is a good post, but I have to ask since it has been mentioned that atheists can be just as religious, is fighting a characteristic of being religious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality