Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 02:18 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,837,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
Yes anybody who claims to know what happens after death is dellusional. No one on planet earth knows what happens after death. Nobody.
This is what you think, but we are told about the afterlife in the Torah, the Gospel and the Quran.

In addition, there have been many observations by many of people, like this
http://man-after-death.t35.com
Then from the list of Contents, click on:
A story of fainting (1)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 02:26 PM

895 posts, read 2,367,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
This is what you think, but we are told about the afterlife in the Torah, the Gospel and the Quran.

In addition, there have been many observations by many of people, like this
http://man-after-death.t35.com
Then from the list of Contents, click on:
A story of fainting (1)
And those books are based on humans writing down stuff thousands of years ago. It has no scientific evidence. I can post buddhist writings on reincarnation, again thats not evidence.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:39 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,645,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
Kirlian photography

Kirlian photography is only some achievement, and Abu abd-Allah mentioned it in his book: An Hour I tarried among spirits.

I also heard that Kirlian was able to picture a leg of an amputated limb, and it appeared in the photograph, although the person had his leg amputated!
But my search in the internet did not reveal anything like that.

In Kirlian photography, some material objects were pictured with some illumination round about them; while in the photgraph that Abu abd-Allah showed to me: there wasn't any material object; only the ethereal branch appeared in the photograph, and no other object was there in this photograph.

Also in the story of the military unit, the extra person appeared in the photograph.
I mentioned Kirlian photography because you mentioned photographs of something ethereal. If you mean photos of spirits/ghosts/souls there are plenty of those on the Internet, although perhaps not the exact ones you're thinking about.

You mention a military photo showing an extra man who died. I've seen such a photo. And you mention a photo of a tree with a branch showing that was no longer there. I don't think I've seen any photos like that, but it doesn't sound particularly unusual.

What you're saying is that it have to do with objects that are not material. But yet, a camera and a photograph are material objects. Sometimes they can produce some quirky images for a number of reasons including reflections, double exposures, chemical smears of the photo itself, even flaws with the camera. Sometimes it can just be pareidolia. I'm only saying there are plenty of possible reasons why things like that can happen to a photograph. It doesn't always mean that it's an ethereal spirit/soul.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:52 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,565,957 times
Or, can you say Photoshop?

Old 08-03-2009, 03:02 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,334,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
And those books are based on humans writing down stuff thousands of years ago. It has no scientific evidence. I can post buddhist writings on reincarnation, again thats not evidence.
What evidence do you have that there is no God ?

Old 08-03-2009, 03:10 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,020,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Logically, you cannot prove a negative, although it is also logical to not believe in something which cannot/has not been empirically proven. The fact that something hasn't been disproven doesn't necessarily mean that it exists. For example, most people don't believe in leprachauns. The existence of leprachauns hasn't been disproven, but it also hasn't been proven either. Analogously, while supernatural claims such as god or the afterlife cannot be completely disproven, believers cannot prove that such things exist.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:12 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,935,970 times
Quote:
Same evidence you use to disbelieve unicorns and fairys.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:13 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,681,137 times
Quote:
Kinda long but breaks it down pretty well. I am sure people will add more.

God is Imaginary - 50 simple proofs

Old 08-03-2009, 03:14 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,645,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Or, can you say Photoshop?

That too.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:15 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,020,349 times
Quote:
Anyone who believes that's it after death is delusional .
Hm, believing that you're going to a place after you die with angels sitting on clouds playing harpsichords doesn't sound all that sane to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality