Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2020, 02:22 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,215,262 times

Advertisements

The only difference for me today on the EDD site was now I have the PUA intro as my landing page. Then it goes to "file a claim" or "manage a claim."

When I click on file a new claim, it just gives me a similar app to the regular UI. I didn't click through all the pages though because I don't want to file anything yet. I'm going to wait for Su to address it on her next FB video.

The one good thing is PUA is "supposed" to only take 24-48 hours to process a claim and start receiving money. So hopefully some of you who are filing will be able to report that you received money soon.

I'm holding off because my weekly amount will be lower (probably half) than my previous max'd amount. So I'd rather have the 13 week extension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2020, 02:32 PM

53 posts, read 42,789 times
Is order of operation UI -> PUA -> PUEC?

Not UI -> PUEC -> PUA?

I understand PUEC not implemented yet, but shouldn't the extension (with higher WBA) be paid out before PUA?

Old 04-28-2020, 03:14 PM

66 posts, read 67,346 times
This is new.

A new 13-week federal extension for those who run out of their regular state-provided UI benefits (maximum 26 weeks). File a PUA claim and you may be converted to the federal extension once it is available.

See link

https://edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronav...cCUleQj896bP_0

I logged in and it goes to my current claim(08/08/2020) with exhausted benefits.

Old 04-28-2020, 03:23 PM

60 posts, read 31,143 times
Trying to stay positive but it's just hard to believe that they're gonna pay everyone whose waiting for PEUC 5-7 weeks back pay + $600

Old 04-28-2020, 04:12 PM

60 posts, read 31,143 times
Juile Su just tweeted For those who have exhausted regular UI and asking about the UI extension. We hear you. It is a top priority and we will have a timeline for you soon.

Old 04-28-2020, 04:29 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,215,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damiania626 View Post
Juile Su just tweeted For those who have exhausted regular UI and asking about the UI extension. We hear you. It is a top priority and we will have a timeline for you soon.
YES! Well THAT's good to hear. Maybe they can focus on us now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick2416 View Post
This is new.

A new 13-week federal extension for those who run out of their regular state-provided UI benefits (maximum 26 weeks). File a PUA claim and you may be converted to the federal extension once it is available.

See link

https://edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronav...cCUleQj896bP_0

I logged in and it goes to my current claim(08/08/2020) with exhausted benefits.
Did you get the PUA landing page at all or just your regular view? I can get to my regular claim view but first I got the landing page.

I wonder if people who apply now for PUA will be "first in line" once PUEC is up. I'm probably just going to wait it out a little bit. Maybe by the end of the week we'll know more.

Old 04-28-2020, 05:00 PM

66 posts, read 67,346 times
I logged in a couple times ,goes straight to my same active claim page ,says maximum benefits paid,can not apply for new claim until 08/08/2020.
Just have to wait it out.

Old 04-28-2020, 05:37 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,770,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliedd View Post
Is order of operation UI -> PUA -> PUEC?

Not UI -> PUEC -> PUA?

I understand PUEC not implemented yet, but shouldn't the extension (with higher WBA) be paid out before PUA?
No it's UI or PUA (if denied regular UI then checked for PUA eligibility (has to be attributable to one of the COVID reasons on the list) then PEUC. PEUC is the 13 week extension.

so its UI to PEUC

OR PUA to PEUC

max 39 weeks total.

Old 04-29-2020, 06:53 AM

3,259 posts, read 2,770,411 times
Saw this posted on Reddit.

[California] Exhausters, don’t apply for PUA if your benefit year is still open
[California] Advice or Tips

The only exhausters that need to apply for PUA would be the scenario where the person’s benefit year ended after 07/01/2019 and is not open as of today. They will get switched to PEUC when it is up an running.

They will eventually publish guidelines on the PEUC extension, they are taking their sweet time on it.

People applying for PUA when they still have a benefit year open run the risk of delaying their benefits.

Old 04-29-2020, 08:00 AM

60 posts, read 51,786 times
So are they saying it takes 24-48 hours to get approved or to get paid once approved? Gotta love vague CA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment